1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the detailed reports folks, rest assured we plan to take quick action and also continue development of the pack to try get as much out of the engine as we can.

• Like Like x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

sooooo...
    ams2 on rf2 engine confirmed? :p:p:p:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss New Member AMS2 Club Member

The cars (only tried the AJR) only have wet and dry, the S397 cars have wet, soft, intermediate and hard.

At a 60 minute race with the prototypes and the S397 GT3s (don't own Endurance Pack yet), the AJR's tires wear out faster causing them to need to go into the pits earlier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Renato Simioni

They dont really belong with european GT3 or Endurance series, even if theyre somewhat similar in performance. They race in brazilian series where tire options and indeed quality is more limited.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Sebastião Sousa

Sebastião Sousa New Member

I'm trying to take part of Reiza 51 because I'm a backer user of AMS and RF2, but when I send my e-mail to receave a confirmation I see a message saying that my email is not recognized. What it means? How to solve this problem?

6. Renato Simioni

Sebastião (and any others with similar issues), if you have participated in the Indiegogo campaign or bought into a membership via forum and for whatever reason can´t get into the Beta foru, please send me a PM with your Indiegogo contribution email or email used in the forum purchase along with your SteamID64 so we can look into it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tank you so much fit your answers @Renato Simioni
    Appreciate your work and the pack so much.
    I'd like to add, that the Puma 052 has headlights in AMS. I've taken a photo...because a mate of me couldn't believe that as well. I can load it up, if desired.

Is it possible to get the same fantastic acoustics for shifting we love to have for the ajr Turbo in AMS? It's far aheaed compared to the rf2 one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ledenko

Ledenko New Member AMS2 Club Member

The Puma in rf2 is the race spec version, that one doesn't have headlights in AMS :)

9. fireballr18

upload_2019-3-30_19-32-47.png

10. Ledenko

Ledenko New Member AMS2 Club Member

I stand corrected! Does it work through the covers?

11. Renato Simioni

Yeah, which is a creative license we adapt in our AMS releases (like making StockV8 sticker headlights actually work :) ). We are not doing the same in the rF2 release.

Other differences vs AMS worth noting: P052 runs on slick tires in rF2 (semislicks in AMS); Puma GTE is based on 70s so radial tires and softer suspension rates (vs the slick-shod, stiffly sprung AMS version which is based on modern Copa Classic setups).

• Informative Informative x 7
  12. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, nice to hear you're working on the issues with the Chevy sound and the 3d model of the Vee.

I also just checked the camera settings in my player.json, but the settings are already exactly those you've suggested. I'm not a programmer or modder,but maybe there are some values inside the car files that override some of the settings in the player.json file? It's just a guess, i have no idea what kind of information is coded inside the car files.

13. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss New Member AMS2 Club Member

But then aren't the tires too soft for endurance races, they last for less than 30 minutes before needing a pit stop

14. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So @Renato Simioni what tyres are the cars using? Are they the new cpm versions found on newer rf2 cars. As as mentioned some are Inheriting issues from a really old rf2 tyre model

15. antmerino

antmerino New Member AMS2 Club Member

but, the ffb in F.vee is very weak, I have an accuforce, and I have to put the ffb at 100%, while with other cars from studio379, I have it at 65%.
    Another thing, it is very difficult to control the "f.vee" and to predict when you get lost the control, and therefore rectify. In AMS, most of these situations could be saved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I noticed that too. Most rF2 content has me using about 60% whereas I use 110% with the Fvee and will increase it more but generally, the Reiza DLC cars work with 85-95% strength in most cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. fireballr18

Remarkable and very interesting. What's the story behind? Why did you decide to engineer these things differently?

18. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For me, the Formula Vee is great. Although I am using a G29, so don't know about other wheels. The FFB and grip levels all feel very good indeed. The Formula Vee in some ways feels very similar to drive as the old Skippies: you need to brake as much as you can on a straight line and gently apply the throttle as you turn in to put some load on the rear tires. Can be very challenging and a great tool to learn car control, as it's supposed to be. Well done!

I did see some AIW issues in videos around RaceDepartment and other reports, but I'm sure you guys are already aware of these.

All in all I'm really enjoying this DLC and looking forward to seeing more Reiza content in rFactor 2.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer Member AMS2 Club Member

Really enjoying this, ffb on my g27 feels great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Renato Simioni

Guys we´re noticing some car-related graphical glitches being reported in low-medium graphical settings. We will look into fixing those of course but in the meantime you may find bumping vehicle details up will fix most issues without adding a significant performance hit.

If you spot something (in lower settings or otherwise) please report here.

Mostly it´s a matter of making the content more diverse - in the case of the GTE there´s no modern classic series to go with it that would justify use of modern specs and we wanted a period-accurate car to go with Imola 72, and in the case of the P052 we wanted it to be a more fully fledged club racing series in rF2.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1