Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Jacarepagua 1988 GP
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: Pit lane speed limit for practice & race is 200 km/h Jacapitspeed..jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Guapore / Caruaru
    Car Used: Formula Truck
    Applicable Settings: Racelenght time 15 min; Fuel consumption 1x
    Report: AI pitting in last lap. This always happens with F-Truck (also on other tracks), with other series there is no porblem
    Steps to reproduce:

3. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

-There might be a bug with the "Drive them all" achievement.
    I decided to get it since it would be one of the few I might be able to get. Anyway, I started driving each car from the start, making a valid lap and moving on to the next.The last are the new Puma cars but I have definitely made valid laps with those so the actual last (for me) are the Drift cars. I start the out lap, then the 1st, but as soon as I pass the finish line the game crashes to the desktop.

I tried different car and track combinations but it's always the same. The game crashes to the desktop as soon as I finish (or before?) my valid lap.

Next time I will try with the Steam Layer thing turned off and I will come back to report my findings.

EDIT: Tried with the Steam Overlay disabled but I had the exact same results. Any ideas please?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Reiza, I love you, AMS is my favourite sim and I can't wait for Reiza 2019(20(21)), but I'm so frustrated right now with the championship progression bugs in this game. Some of those have been posted previously in this thread, included by myself on the previous page.

Today I gave up on my 4th attempt on playing a single player championship in its entirety after coming across progression issues like finishing a race and the game sending me back to the begining of that same race again, or finishing a race and the points not being counted... it happened in the Mini championship, and 3 times in the Boxer championship.

Considering that multiplayer is a bit dead-ish in AMS, and AI is probably the best in simracing, single player championships is what I most wanted to do in this game, but it's impossible like this. Am I just unlucky? :(

Please Reiza, I know you have to move foward to the next sim, but if nothing else then at least fix this. The FFB, physics and AI are just too good to deserve being spoiled this way.

Ok sorry for venting... :oops:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: n/a
    Car Used: Formula Reiza
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: Only in "All Cars & Tracks" menu

In Formula Reiza cars, team Wirth Msport is listed as Formula V12 in both Test Day and Single Race but only in "All Cars & Tracks" menu which I always use to be able to pit for fuel. FReiza cars.jpg

6. Mark Ruggiero

Mark Ruggiero New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Still very disappointed to see that they have not updated the problem with dual juyao controller that worked back in 1.4.5 but not since. I reported it long ago, nothing ever came of it. Mine is a Polsimer wheel, only half of which will work.
    Steps to reproduce:

7. alink

the same issue in curitiba

8. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for the late reply! I understand your frustration, but there is a solution.
    Look for rF2 log analyser, it will also load in your log files from AMS and display a wonderful array of stats that you don't get in AMS. You define a championship in rF2LA, run a single race in AMS, and then assign the race result to the championship round. It's an absolutely brilliant bit of software and very easy to use.

9. alink

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: F1 V10
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Crash to desktop when qualifying is finished (time left = 0.0s) after several seconds. Also when qualifying is skipped after time is 0.0s . When qualifying is skipped BEfORE time is 0, then there is no ctd.
    Steps to reproduce: Finish a qualifying session with F1 V10 and wait some seconds (or a minute) or skip the session

10. Wexodius

Wexodius Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Granja Viana 2
    Car Used: Kart 125cc Direct
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: The back pack of the starting grid gets teleported off-track when skipping the formation lap. Also karts have a tendency to flip over very easily, resulting in DNF's for several AI-karts. Some karts also are unable to get to their pitbox, due to being stonewalled by some of the pillars & walls within the pits, making them unable to get into their pitbox and setting new laptimes in practice or qualification.
    Steps to reproduce:
    - Choose Kart Direct 125cc
    - Choose Granja Viana 2
    - Notice the pitbox problem during practice & qualification
    - Notice the bad teleportation of AI-karts when skipping the formation lap
    - Notice how AI-karts get flipped over easily when making contact with other karts

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Confirmed. Both Granja Viana 2 and 6 have teleport positions copied from a different layout and do not work.

The kart flipping is likely a result of AI calibrated too quickly. You can edit the AIW file and replace the original lines with:
    WorstAdjust=(.77)
    MidAdjust=(.97)
    BestAdjust=(1.12)
    I no longer have any kart flipping and the speed of the karts is equivalent to other Reiza kart tracks.

The pitbox problems have to be carefully fixed. There are more pit positions than necessary, but regardless, the positioning of a few of the karts in their stalls means they get caught on the support posts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. alink

It's strange, but today I had the same issue (timing was waiting for passing sector 3) although I know that it has been fixed

13. BB36

BB36 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used:
    - Mendig Flugplatz (Drift)
    - Kansai (Drift)
    - Jacarepagua (Drift)

Cars Used:
    - All drift cars: Super V8 (Drift), Montana (Drift), Mitsubishi Lancer (Drift)

Applicable Settings:
    No particular application setting.

Report:
    I consistently get a Crash to Desktop issue when immediately crossing the Start / Finish line around a tarmac drift track to start of the second point scoring lap using any of the above drift car and track combinations.

I have not tested any other Drift combination.

I cannot replicate this crash when crossing the start / finish line to commence the second timed lap with any non-drift car or non-drift track in Automobilista.

Steps to reproduce:
    Complete the first no points warmup lap and then the first points lap. No issues occur during these first 2 laps and I can take as long as I like. However as I cross the start / finish line to commence the second drift points laps, the game immediately crashes to desktop.

PC Specifications:
    i7-8700K
    GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    16Mb Ram

Hardware Specifications:
    - SimuCUBE
    - Heusinkveld Pedals, Shifter and Handbrake
    - Triple monitors @ 7680 x 1080
    - D-Box Motion Platform

Other known software:
    - Z1 Dashboard
    - Oculus Rift
    - Dash Meter Pro

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. alink

Today I had a great race at Taruma with F-Truck till some hundred meters before the checkered flag.
    The race was as followed: Rolling start, 18 min. race with mid-race neutralisation, AI at 103%
    In last lap (just 200 meters before the race is over!) the whole AI went into pit for pitting.
    It's really annouying, this is not the way I like to win races.

15. Gilles Lalonde

Gilles Lalonde MotherDawg

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: StockV8 2017 - Blau Motorsport - MCampos2017.veh
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Two VEH with the same car number.
    Car livery sports number 31 while VEH has number=30, same has CRamos2017.veh
    Steps to reproduce: Open file...

@Renato !!! a fix that's barely going to cost a handful of cashews !!!

16. bangel69

bangel69 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: all
    Car Used: all
    Applicable Settings:
    Report:(Wrote this july 2018 in Help Support thread - no response, just views) When I set number of races to 3, third race is ALWAYS 9 MINUTES long. With races set to laps/kilometers this is not problem, but with timed races, third race is only 9 minutes long. It's same with Reiza content and with mods.
    Steps to reproduce:Choose either SINGLE RACE or CHAMPIONSHIP, set 3 RACE SESSIONS more than 10 MINUTES LONG.

giovanni

17. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: AJR Judd V10
    Applicable Settings: Session Menu
    Report: Description Error for AJR
    [​IMG]

This entry is under the Judd V10 Teams. Top of the description identifies the Judd V10 but later says it's a Chevy motor. All the other Judd powered cars have a different description. This is both in Automobilista and AMSBeta

Steps to reproduce: Load sim to session configuration menu.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2019
  18. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

Hi guys, I get the same CTD in Drift. All one can do is drive through the pits after one lap but that's not ideal. Reiza any feedback on this?

19. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Will be fixed in upcoming patch for AMS.

• Like Like x 2
  20. João Rafael França

João Rafael França João Rafael França

[QUOTE = "Testador, post: 10760, membro: 2002"] Track & Layout Usado : N / A - não é necessário
    Carro Usado : N / A - não é necessário, aplicando para todos os carros
    Configurações aplicáveis : Para todas as pessoas que possuem o Logitech G29 Wheel
    Relatório : O Logitech G29 Wheel não tem suporte adequado, fazendo com que o Car Graduate de cada carro exclusivo não seja aplicado automaticamente pelo AMS, o que faz com que você precise sair do jogo toda vez que quiser dirigir um carro diferente e alterar o grau toda vez manualmente para aquele carro diferente que você quer dirigir. Veja: IMPORTANT Logitech G29 Wheel Problems
    Passos para se reproduzir : atualize o Automobilista para o mais novo SDK da Logitech Wheel. (que pode ser encontrado e baixado no site oficial da Logitech.) [/ QUOTE]

Rapaz eu uso o G29 DESDE QUE FOI LANÇADO, o ams aceita ele perfeitamente, vai aprender a usar / configurar o seu volante por favor.