1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza + Studio397 + rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taris, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

sorry that was me. yea I cant talk much about that and shouldn't of really posted them. my bad..
    answer to your question is im not entirely sure.

2. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I figured there was some NDA about it or something. I'm hoping they compare well so it adds more depth to the prototype classes. If they are both well behind than I fear they could get lost in the shuffle. Hopefully they are BoPed well. It would be pretty cool to see more than one make in both proto categories.

3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

"That guy" wasn't supposed to post those screens or talk about the beta.
    As far as I can tell they are working on fixing some issue (common in beta stage) and fine tuning others. Cars and tracks looks awesome, the only thing I feel free to say is that those models are so well optimized and lighter than S397 one's that my FPS counter passed from 70 with official content to 120 with Reiza one.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Brett Nagle

Good to hear. Really looking forward to this DLC

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

A few of us in the rF2 forums have been discussing our wishes for an updated gear-box / drive-train physics model that provides more realistic behavior and elasticity. I asked Marcel about it some time ago but, never received any response.

It's disappointing that rF2 doesn't have such features as iRacing, RaceRoom and now, ACC demonstrate but, I'm not sure many players are even aware of how race-cars behave as it relates to the drive-train. The differences are far more obvious when a motion-rig is involved but, it's mostly limited to audio cues for the majority of users and few developers seem willing to invest the resources to provide the fundamental physical modeling needed.

Still, as more sim-racer's acquire some form of motion hardware, increasing demand may become a factor going forward. I would think it more practical to do the coding sooner rather than later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

Can someone explain me the difference between AMS and rF2 about the gearbox ?
    The rF2 bundle has 3 of the 6 cars with a H shifter, so it can help me in my decision to buy or not.

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The MCR in rF2 does have an upgrade option for right or left hand seats.

For the rest you better off waiting for reviews on the finished article (which it isnt yet), but if you have both AMS and rF2 you already know they have some different features with their own strengths and weaknesses, its only natural the same content in both platforms would highlight those :)

• Like Like x 8
  8. Brett Nagle

Are you expecting a late March release for the DLC?

Also will the AJR and MR18 have position panels like the endurance pack cars have?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

On the content side we should be release ready by the end of the week, then it’s up to S397 to decide when its best to slot it in on their own schedule.

As for position panel in the Metalmoros, its a no as they dont use it in the series they run.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Brett Nagle

Appreciate the response!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Someone knows if the templates will be the same as the AMS templates with few corrections for rF2 or if will be new templates?
    Thanks!

12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Not sure about templates but rF2 has a new material system so keep in mind you need to tweak them...

13. Patvader

Patvader New Member

Hi i buy all DLC + automobilista season pass and my question is the reiza pack for rfactor 2 is free if i have the season pass automobilista ?
    Thanks

14. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

No.

Please use the search function before posting again.

• Useful Useful x 1