1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

A bunch of 'em seem to show up over on Steam as well. A couple folks there that do not care for it, usually let them know real quick they're not welcome, then make quick work of them and sweep 'em out.

There was a whole AI discussion there a while back, many posted their positive experiences, settings, videos of great AI battles yet, not one of the complainers could put up. No surprise it turns up everywhere. Sometimes get the feeling they don't want help, they only want to complain. Oh well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagreed with the rF2 AI being slightly better than AMS. The way they corner leads to poorer racing. Why?
    Because with AMS's AI and in real life, drivers progressively increase throttle around corners as they are approaching the exit. In rF2 the AI pump the throttle on and off round corners, meaning that on corner exit they lose ground to the car in front and don't pass like they do in AMS. Take Spa 66, when I last played rF2 a year ago the AI still didn't slipstream on the straights, 6(?) years later.. I'm not sure if the AI has been touched..

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

The only thing rF2 AI does good is blocking and I am not sure it is intentional lol

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I have noticed that with AMS,the race is very clean, the AI fight each others but there is not AI crash or yellow flag.
    With F2, there is always a crash at the first lap, and the yellow flag, with GT3/GTE, i can' thave a clean race even with aggression set at 0% (I play quick race with no practice/no qualify)

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

You must run qualy if you want to race Ai in rF2!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

why ? I play at 120%, and I start last to finish first....that's why I play only quick race....

7. 2ndLastJedi

Because the Ai have different skill levels and if the slowest guy is in first and fastest in last it will be carnage as they try to sort themselves out! Qualifying will get the Ai in their correct positions for a clean race! Just set qualy to 15 minutes and press Ctrl x to speed it up and don't qualify yourself so you can be last!
    IMO it's best to get the Ai to a level that it's really hard to pass them and you can have battles for position instead of just an overtaking drive, if i wanted to just start last and finish first by first lap I'd drive GTS!
    Race tip: don't pass any cars for the first lap or at least the first 4 corners to let the Ai sort out the places! This tip is for all Sims also!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a timeline when the Reiza DLC will be patched to address some of the issues like the balance between the different engines of the AJR and the Honda Turbo?

9. TR1S

Learned something new. Interesting. Going to try this for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Renoista

Renoista Member

Nice explanation about AI and importance of qualifying round.

It should be pinned somewhere for newcomers if it's not already, cause someone just discovering Automobilista for surely already played a lot of the GTS and similar titles long time ago and is probably not going back. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. TR1S

Valid point. For many it's an immersion issue and not as much as a race issue as they AI still run quite well for many. Others have other experiences. Those seem to be more frequent with GTE/GT3 type cars.

I have a F1-75 race in Mexico that I still watch because it was that fun. The AI against each other and me with them and vice versa.

12. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The behaviour of Finish and Skip Session were tweaked in AMS 1.4.8 to address that. Skip session takes the current standings as they are when the button is press which I believe was the behaviour of Finish Session previously. Choosing Finish Session now triggers time accelerated simulation of the rest of the session allowing the ai to get their laps in and set representative times.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  13. 2ndLastJedi

My explanation was for rF2 mainly but I thought it applied to AMS also. But if i do one lap and hit skip that isn't really long enough to get an accurate simulation for the Ai is it?

14. Renoista

Renoista Member

We are off topic already but good to know.
    Thanks

15. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is with the RF2 version.

1st bug. I have had member report after start finish line and the fast sweeping right hand bend before the sharp left there is a dark patch and sometimes when hitting this the car spins as if it's on ice. I have yet to replicate this myself however.

2nd bug. When driving the AJR at Imola 1972 every time you click "Race" and it puts you in the car you get rear defuser damage straight away. I even tried raising the ride height to max but still the same.

16. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

So, I have tried to start a qualify session and to finish the session, so the AI is sorted with the fastest at the beginning (I can see the lap time, AI 120%, aggression 0%, AI limit 0%), and for :

-IMOLA (rF2)
    AI always crash in the first lap (the first corner and the corner with 'Imola' on the ground on the left) and there is a yellow flag, impossible to have a clean race, even with a qualify session or without.
    -IMOLA (AMS)
    AI is very clean, it's a pure race, there is no yellow flag or crash with the AI, even with a quick race without qualify session.

-IBARRA (rF2)
    AI always crash and there is a yellow flag, impossible to have a clean race, even with a qualify session or without.
    -IBARRA (AMS)
    AI is very clean, it's a pure race, there is no yellow flag or crash with the AI, even with a quick race without qualify session.

(I have not tried very much VIR or Guapore, for a personal taste reason)

My conclusion is rF2 AI is not better than AMS AI, I can say that the AI is far better in AMS, the race are very smooth in AMS, with rF2 I have a yellow flag in the first lap with an AI crash and I'm forced to play with "black flag only " for the rules or "no rules" if not my race is stopped and I can have the full yellow flag race issue (and I dont talk about the on/off brake :) ), Sebring doesn't have this issue, I can have a clean race....I wonder if the AIW doesn't need a fix, the AIW could be the issue.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  17. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I LOVE so much AMS, it's more beauty than rF2, look at the sky, the birds, the trees end the grass, the colors ! And at the start of the race, you can hear the insects, the birds, there is some ambiant noise !
    The more i play rF2, the more i love AMS, I'm sorry for s397, but i will stay with AMS :) and the FVee is very fun in AMS, the real feel plugin is awesome, the content in AMS is awesome...

rF2 has a very beauty landscape, but the grass and trees seem a stepback, like I said, rF2 is not a giant improvement at all over AMS !

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I almost didn't reply as I didn't want to derail he thread but yeah I agree @Renoista Can continue in AMS forum if you guys want to discuss it further.

Not with Skip, use Finish instead. It will take a few moments to sim the session but the payback is worthwhile.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ai of rf2 is very good compared to the other sims. Clear the best imo.

Reiza can perhaps fixes the issues you guys report?

I'm looking forward to the turbo-simulation. How strong is that turbo of the Honda ajr engine? How much bar does it delivers?

Another question: I would expect the 4cyl turbo as the lightest among the 4 engines. Isn't it because of the balancing, I.e. bop?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  20. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought the Powertec was the lightest with the least amount of HP, then the Honda Turbo, then the Judd, and the Chevy ia the heaviest but has the most HP