1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good to hear about suspension now being visible on the F-Vee. However will we get to see the suspension moving?

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

It will just be a matter of days!

• Like Like x 1
  3. softslider

softslider New Member

I 'd like to have a question regarding if f-vee's brake is correctly implemented. When I drive skip barber in rF2, tyre is easily locked up at hard braking after long straight. Hence I have to regulate braking power from time to time and this control makes me feel immersive.

But in case of f-vee, I think I havn't experience tyre lockup with brakin. It needs longer braking distance being compared to other cars. It might be because f-vee's braking power itself is weak.

But f-vee weights less than 500kg (maybe over 500kg including driver) and it has regular road tyres. Isn't it enough to make tyre lockup at hard braking?

Once tyre lockup is implemented appropriately, I believe this will be the best at learning low yaw momentum car.

@F-vee developers: It would be really appreciate to check this.

There will be some people who will complain that f-vee is still hard enough. For those who feel like it, they may be able to turn on ABS.

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@softslider default setup is on the safe side with max pressure set at around 80% iirc. Though I can lock up even at that. Bump it up some and see how you get on with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. softslider

softslider New Member

Modified:
    =======

I found "pedal max force" is set as 80% in F-Vee. After increasing it to 100%, I confirmed that I can easily lockup the tyres in F-Vees.

BTW actaully what I would like to ask was why there is no FFB decrase when tyres are locked up at braking. AFAIK tyre's vertical traction is also decreased when the tyres are locked up with braking. In F-Vee, it is almost hard to feel the traction decreased at locked up tyres even if I see the tyres locked.

But in Skip barber, I easily feels the traction is decreased when the tyres are locked up. Strange thing is this phenomenon isn't same even among rF2 original cars.

Can you just simply explain how it behaves(is implemented) in Reiza cars if you don't mind?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  6. Delzimar Pereira

Delzimar Pereira New Member

Prezados Desenvolvedores " REIZA"
    Antes de mais nada gostaria de salientar que sou fã do trabalho desenvolvido pela equipe, tudo que foi feito no automobilista com uma engine tão antiga e de tirar o chapéu, realmente foi primoroso todo o desenvolvimento em cima do nosso querido AMS. Com essa nova empreitada, seria muito interessante que a voz da comunidade seja ouvida. Deixo aqui pequenas sugestões para serem trazidas do AMS para o pack da Reiza junto ao RF2:
    1- Grama grudar nos pneus igual ao AMS
    2- A poeira que sai quando o carro sai do traçado esta muito mais real no AMS
    3 - A tonalidade do ambiente externo esta mais bonita no AMS, ex a própria grama e a poeira vermelha trás mais realidade ao ambiente como todo.
    Por enquanto são essas sugestões.
    Sucesso a todos vocês. ":hurrayreiza: "

OBS: gostaria de relatar um BUG dos retrovisores que não podem ser ajustados com a tecla shift+setas se ajuste dos bancos, simplesmente não funcionam no conteúdo da Reiza.

Version in English ":
    Dear Developers "REIZA"
    Before anything else you did, the fan did the work for the team, everything that was done not a motorist with such an old engine and take off the hat, it really was exquisite all the development on top of our beloved AMS. With this new entrepreneur, it would be very interesting that the voice of the community be heard. Here are the tips to take to Reiza's RF2 package:
    1- Grass to stick on tires equal to AMS
    2- The dust that comes out when the car goes out of the way much more real no AMS
    3 - The tonality of the environment is more beautiful than the AMS, ex a major
    For now are these suggestions.
    Success to you all. ":hurrayreiza: "

NOTE: I would like to report a BUG of mirrors that can not be deleted with the shift + arrow car seat adjustments keys, they simply do not work on Reiza content.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The coming update list sounds fantastic--with one exception:
    • Adjusted head physics and cockpit vibration to rF2 current standards
    AMS has better settings than rF2!! I would suggest keeping the Reiza standards over the rF2 standards--it will help people understand why AMS feels more natural than other sims.

The mirror is also a bit sad. The rF2 lower resolution mirror of course brings with it better performance, but the higher res mirror brings with it a better and more polished user experience. Unfortunately another area where rF2 does not allow the user to choose for themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Delzimar Pereira

Delzimar Pereira New Member

I totally agree with you, but I will give a vote of confidence to this project that is just beginning. I hope that the people of Reiza hear the voice of the community.

9. softslider

softslider New Member

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

In above link, I mentioned I can't feel front tyres lockup in formula vee.

And in below old RD link, I found someone also felt same thing as me. And there seems some AMS users who feels front tyres lockup easily.

Not feeling lockups at all - something potentially wrong with the FFB - Latest Formula 1, Motorsport, and Sim Racing News

Now I have a question to whom experineces formula vee in rFactor2 reize pack. Are you guys able to feel fron tyres lockup in formula vee when hard braking is applied? For the test, you may need to set max brake force as 100%(default is 80% for safe). If you feel the front tyres lockup like decreased FFB, can anyone please provide a solution to feel the lockup? If you needs additional information, please let me know.

For your information,
    - I'm using DD wheel(IoniCube+Mige motor) and very basic setting values(just minimum damper setting 6% in FW).
    - I don't have artificial setting in the rF2 game settings.
    - In SkipBarber, I feel front tyres lock very easily. Hence I think it seems not related to game's global settings.

10. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

There currently is a bug in the Reiza DLC cars where the head/camera physics couldn't be completely disabled, even if that feature is set to "off" in the rF2 options and config files. I guess that's what this fix means.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Marc Collins

That's not the way I read it. The two sims use quite different defaults. I happen to prefer Reiza/AMS settings far more than ISI/S397/rF2.

12. Gerardo

Gerardo Member

There is any chance to put the front lights and two or three diferent differencial ratios in the Puma 052? , that car is amazing for a league, S397 will be release nurburgring nordschleife in a few months and is THE choise for the lower clases for races type VLN or 24hs.
    ̶O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶D̶L̶C̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶p̶a̶ ̶P̶e̶t̶r̶o̶b̶r̶a̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶c̶a̶s̶.̶ :D

13. Marisa

Marisa Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you maybe please not change the tyre sounds to "rF2 standards"?
    The Reiza sounds are much better and make it easier to tell what the tires are doing, the rF2 DLC cars have kinda vague scrub and lockup squeal sounds.
    I wish it was possible to change all the other cars to have Reiza Tyre sounds.

14. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

Does rF2 even support the type of camera movement/physics AMS has?

But i've never tried it myself, so i can't say much about it. Any kind of cockpit movement/vibration is usually the first thing i disable because it always gives me the feeling of being disconnected from the car.

15. Marc Collins

Same system, different defaults as far as I know.

16. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

In initial DLC release we used older rF2 standard tyre sounds, here we updated to their latest "standards" for some cars.

17. Marisa

Marisa Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the new sounds will be good. The tyre sounds of the S397 DLC cars are not bad, when it comes to how they sound but they are bad when it comes to communicating what the tyres are doing (they are also way to quiet). Especially brake lockup. There is no squeal that lets you know instantly when the brakes have locked up and the ffb also doesn't communicate this. But it sure does let you know that you have flat spots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

.....violently.

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yes, AMS may have the best grip-loss cues in any title and the tire sounds play a big part in that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The more I drive AMS and to learn more about it, the more I feel the differences between both titles for the Reiza content.

I think AMS feels a bit more direct by using the wheel. I'm not sure whether it have a higher calculation rate (pure 360hz I use for ffb) than rF2 or if this is the result of the tires. I only have a T300 wheel. Perhaps you guys who own more sophisticated wheels can feel the differences way better.

A big gap is the tire model itself. In rF2 you can very easy start to drift, as the tires generates heat quickly if you slide a bit. Therefore much more tire management is needed than in AMS and thus (I tested with the AjR) the wear out of the tires can be way quicker. The tire model of AMS is much more forgiving. This is also very good to feel in driving the formula vee. It is a big challenge in rF2, whereas relatively easy in AMS to come through.

As Reiza let us know there are some improvements coming, e.g. the simulation of the turbo.
    But are there also some limitations with the rF2-engine beyond the turbo, which makes it difficult to port the content from the AMS-conditions to rF2? Something the engine is not supporting at the moment?