1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza General Update - Fresh News All Around!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am still waiting for the last AMS DLC announcement with a manufacturer specific set of cars. It has been delayed so much I am starting to doubt it will happen at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember some rumours regarding McLaren.

3. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I want naturally-aspirated front-engine GT cars with RWD.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I want, I want... geez at least when you ask for something make it grand :p
    I want.... AMS 2 :cool:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sooo whats happening then? Seems like last update was 8 months ago!! what's the new Sim going to be etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

the last message (12 weeks ago) was :
    "The engine wasn´t decided on a few months ago. It is now :) We do understand people are anxious for news and rightly so, we hope that as we progress and are able to share more news, the reasons why it´s taken this long will make more sense"

I really hope it's not rFactor 2 with no propper gearbox, AI on/off brake, no cam editor, rain unoptimised (I have top stop the list is so long)...

there is a match between GTR3 (simbin), rFactor 2 UI (s397), and AMS sequel (Reiza), 3 projects announced many years ago....who will release the first and win ? We may have Kunos who could convert AC full content to UE4 before them all ...

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You know SCE/AMS didnt have some of the features it has now when they were first released, right?

8. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

after all the wait for the rF2 bundle, it's not a giant improvement at all, worst it's a downgrade for many parts.
    If Kunos release an AC conversion to UE4 with all the FFB/physics update and sound update, I will instant pre-order, it will be a giant improvement. At this day, AC has always the top players count.....no doubt with ACC and a probably AC conversion that it's the leader since 2013....my dream to race a ferrari 488 gt3 on Brands Hatch with rain by night with 2019 graphics/FFB standard is coming for the 29th may 2019 (I can't forget I have paid only 20€ ACC), and the project was announced last year with a road map almost perfectly respected. Congratz for the king :), when a developper respects the customers, they will respect it. The worst is Simbin, since 2012, each year, they announce GTR3....the joke....Untortunately Reiza and S397 are just behind.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. GTSpeedster

GTSpeedster Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree that if Kunos were to release an AC that drives and feels NOTHING like AC that would be a massive improvement.

As for it being having the top player count that's a strange one but probably down to the good graphics (albeit unrealistic) that came at the correct point in time when there was a void to be filled given the end of the cycle with rF1 and the botch job that was going on with rF2.

Or maybe it has something to do with vaccines after all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had to stop reading here. Someone that dont get the difference between content and game code is a waste of time, the rest seems to be off topic anyway. Have a good day.

11. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I like AC competizione, not all but it's a better improvement from AC to ACC than from AMS to rF2.

Have a good too, Someone who is blind is a waste of time. The result for the customers is the rF2 bundle is a downgrade for the gearbox and many other parts. Game code or content doesn't matter, the customers feelings are the most important.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please please please don't trot out the "it must be the graphics" argument. Just because you might not like sim X's physics doesn't mean no one likes sim Xs physics.

Its important to grasp that we all have a different opinion, and this extends to physics and force feedback. If you read the Kunos forum or watch streamers who stream AC, they are not saying - "these physics are crap but I just love driving AC for the graphics". They love the physics. Just as AMS fans love AMS physics, iRacing fans love iRacing physics, PCars2 fans love PC2 physics, RaceRoom fans love Raceroom physics and rF2 fans love rF2 physics.

Even if you leave aside physics, AC ticked far more boxes than simply having an up to date graphics engine for its time. It offered laser scanned tracks, and it offered tracks which are popular with simracers such as Spa, Monza and Nords. It offered (or rather grew to offer) a wide range of "big name" cars licenses - many of which had not appeared in a PC sim since GTR2 such as Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini. And it offered this DLC at a low price. Finally it offered a very mod friendly platform which resulted in a strong modding community for the title.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. GTSpeedster

Assetto Corsa is a mediocre sim, with good graphics ans sounds, dodge physics and appalling FFB. And no, not everything is a matter of "opinion" as it doesn't matter how many people believe a lie it will still be a lie regardless.

iRacing had laser scanned tracks before Assetto Corsa even existed. SRW also, if I'm not mistaken. And today it's common place. The licenses argument is borderline irrelevant when you already had rFactor with all of those cars and brands from third party creators and many more than AC will ever have. And by the way, I assume you're relatively new (wink, wink) and just so you know, contrary to the popular referentiations, GTR2 is nothing more than a glorified rFactor mod. So there is that too. :D

Cheers David!

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

AC is a mediocre sim with a propper gear box an no AI on/off brake, who is mediocre ?
    No gearbox = No sim

15. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's not get into the what's missing discussion. Every "sim" out there is missing something.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GTSpeedster

Oh the Assetto Corsa AI is great now too... Ok guys, you won. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

back to topic please gents

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.