1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. makan

makan New Member

Thanks Reiza, i like these cars more than ever.
    Excellent update;);):)

Can't wait for more contents from you guys in rF2.

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Different code, different car behaviour...nothing more...we can't expect a 1:1 copy.
    I was for a fusion between the 2 studios some time ago, now I hope Reiza will stick with the actual code and build on top of it the new SIM, adding all the features needed to stand over the other sims as they deserve.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks very much for the update. I immediately jumped on before work and the improvements are very noticeable. I much prefer the more subtle rF2 tyre scrub noises instead of the on/off screeching of the originals (although it seems the FVee did not get the new noises, it's just as screechy as ever). The FVee is a lot more pleasant to drive, in part because the extreme head movements are gone, but also because the extreme liftoff oversteer has been tamed a little (or maybe it's just pacebo). The mirrors look much better (far less squashed aspect), and the perfomance has improved too.

Since the pack was released it's become my go to for sim driving, the cars are just so much fun and the tracks are beautiful. I hope you guys continue to tweak and improve this awesome pack. I'd really love to see the rF2 damage texture system applied. The P052 are just made for door to door racing and it'd be great to see the cars with a few battle scars.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  4. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there performance is now closer to AMS, although straight line speed is still quite a bit better in AMS for the Cheve, Honda, and Powertec. I find the gearing interesting for the Honda, not only compared to the other varients, but also to AMS. In AMS you top out in the Honda at 273kph and that is the most effective gearing using all 6 availble gears. The new gearing in rf2 version has you really only using 6th at track like Dayonta while never really needing that 6th gear on most tracks. I was toping out at about 267kph at VIR in rf2 before hitting the braking zone, while the AMS version your toping out at 273kph before the braking zone.

I was hitting around 1:35.5 at VIR with medium track preset and the default setups. The Cheve was a 1:35.9, but I think a 1:35.5 is possible. I'd personally like to see an buff to the Cheve as it uses considerably more fuel per lap, 3.45L at VIR, compared to about 3L of fuel from the other varients. So right now the Cheve is the slowest in my testing while also using the most fuel.

The Judd is bar far the fastest and IMO would dominate multiplayer as its top end speed is easily the fastest. I'd like to see further BoP to the AJR to make all 4 varients viable. I'll do some more endurance testing with these cars later this week to see how they perform over the course of a multi pit stop race.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

These are much appreciated and the steering torque produces noticeable improvements to my well-documented issue with the FFB. However, it still feels as though there are two sets of cars--the P052 and MCR2000 that are perfect versus the other four that feel like they are riding on solid rubber tires instead of pneumatic. This is a step-up from before when they felt almost like wood. Not Reiza-specific as some ISI cars have the same problem, but latest S397 cars are all good. Something about them doesn't agree with Fanatec CSW FFB.

6. vtr

vtr New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Reiza, I'm sorry but I have some minor annoyances:
    with the mcr to ibarra the replays go in slow motion.
    Puma - F Vee - Mcr, reflect or transpire the underlying soil
    that is, as I drive, what passes under the car flows through the reflections

puma 01.jpg vee 01.jpg vee 02.jpg

this happens in any circuit

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I believe that´s just the way the graphics engine works, so the only solution for now would be to switch off reflections from those materials altogether.

8. Renato Simioni

The FVee uses same samples as AMS as it along with the Puma GTE runs on radial road tires, which are more screechy than the slicks used by the other cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes you're right with your words. A bit different and very interesting. Probably the rf2 engine does not support the turbo charger as we are familiar with in AMS. Unfortunately but on the other hand the tremendous work Reiza put into AMS is also proven by that again.

Originally I spent the most time with rf2 until the reiza pack has been released. Now with the pack I must admit that I become a big fanboy of AMS since I compared a lot between both sims. Think there was something going wrong o_O :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I noticed something odd with the Formula-Vee steering last night. The SAT range does not exist throughout the full steering range (SimuCube); I have to exert a lot of force to steer into the slide. I've never had that experience before. I should check that the bump-stops are working properly but, it's something that did not exist before the last DLC update.

11. Marc Collins

Almost every rF2 car has this same issue and people have noted it since 2012, so I think @Renato Simioni has to be correct that it is a graphics engine "feature" that Reiza cannot address.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I would like to share a feeling,
    I have the feeling that Sebring from S397 is the ultimate sim feeling, I can feel everything, and particulary the road imperfection !
    I'm a little bit disappointed with the Reiza rF2 tracks, I have the feeling that the road is perfectly flat without any imperfection....I'm confident that Nordschleife s397 version will be like Sebring, the ultimate feeling. It's not only about bumpy road, it's about feeling, and the Reiza tracks (not only them) feel like the Tarmac is perfectly new without any imperfection. It hurts me to say that, but Sebring from s397 gives so much feeling, that it is worth more than the 4 Reiza tracks (quality over quantity)

From s397 about Sebring :
    "Of course we’re excited to say the track was created using an extremely detailed laserscan – but it’s not just about the laserscan itself, it’s about the way we utilized the data and converted it into usable detailed information that gets back to the force feedback in your wheel, something that has not yet been done in rFactor 2 at this level. We feel we’ve achieved our goals in the high level of road fidelity thanks to some innovations and, of course, rigorous testing. The end result is… the ‘FFB’ doesn’t lie – you’ll feel every crack in the pavement and every undulation in minute detail. On the straights and as you dive into each turn, those subtle nuances in the track surface will give you the precise control and muscle memory that a real-life driver would have on track. Our development and test teams have all become addicted, driving endless stints and trying to get that elusive extra tenth or even hundredth of a second!"

I admit it's true, I can feel everything in Sebring, I can't say the same about the Reiza tracks, unfortunately.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Marc Collins

That exact experience occurred for me about 18 months ago... :)

14. Marc Collins

This is a FFB issue, not the tracks. When I drive the tracks using certain cars (see details in post above), the bumps are overly harsh/unrealistic. In two of the cars or the newer S397 DLC cars, the bumps are perfect--as good as or even better than in AMS.

There are many frustrating anomalies with rF2. I guarantee you have a FFB issue that is affecting more than just the Reiza tracks. Sebring was modelled using a different technique than all the other rF2 tracks. How many bumps can you feel in Palm Springs?

15. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I can't say it's a FFB issue, the same car on a different track don't give the same feeling, and in comparaison, I have not at all the same level feeling in the Reiza tracks that I have found in Sebring. On Sebring I have no "issue", the ‘FFB’ doesn’t lie – you’ll feel every crack in the pavement and every undulation in minute detail.

Edit

About Palm spring I have not this track, since the Sebring release I can't drive any others track, they feel artificialy flat without any feeling, I wait for Nordschleife....The Reiza tracks have not the same road details, unfortunately. I have bashed so many times rFactor 2 about all the issues, but I have to admit that the Sebring road feeling has no challenger.

16. Renato Simioni

You’re comparing a notoriously, uniquely bumpy track half built over concrete blocks to tracks that are nowhere near as bumpy. All that says is that you enjoy bumpy tracks :p that doesnt bear much relevance to how accurate the models are tho. We have individual bumps and patches physically modelled in the mesh and accurately placed.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Marc Collins

Yes, and others have commented that they cannot drive the new Sebring because it is too bumpy. I think the tracks are all well done, but there are issues with how the bumps are being felt through our wheels, and it varies from car to car (unlike AMS). I'll bet if @Kolysion can't feel anything on tracks other than Sebring, he isn't realizing that everyone else feels those nice bumps on all tracks, but they are also feeling the even larger (realistic) bumps on Sebring. Nords will not have these larger bumps because the real one is not bumpy (compared to Sebring).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

Ok, I like bumpy roads.
    Any way good job Reiza, time is for the Brit DLC :)

19. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm that the old behaviour still is there on my system es well. The equivalent in AMS I guess would be if the "Lock to Horizon" setting was set to 50%. In RF2 it can still be influenced by setting the Stable Horizon setting to Low/Med/High, and it still acts as set to High when set to Off. Any other car, stock content, DLCs or 3rd party mods works as intended.

20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I noticed both before and after this update that default setups in rF2 are different from default setups in AMS, most noticeably tyre pressure. Generally default tyre pressure in rF2 is higher than in AMS, and minimum & maximum values for tyre pressure are different in rF2 & AMS (at least in the Reiza prototypes I tested so far).
    I've always liked driving the prototypes in AMS, and after some testing I figured out how to adjust the prototypes to my liking in rF2 and I'm enjoying driving them too, but I'm curious, why is there this difference in tyre pressure values?