1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza General Update - Fresh 2019 News!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 22, 2019.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone!

Time to break radio silence again to bring you some fresh news about what´s happening with Reiza and our projects over recent weeks and for the foreseeable future.

Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle - May Update
    As previously announced, we´ve continued development of the rF2 content this month focusing primarily on development of the two additional Imola versions - the 1988 and 2001 layouts, which will be added free of charge to all who bought the Imola track or any pack that included it.

Below a couple of WIP previews - now the rF2 Mclarens will have some era-accurate official tracks to stretch their legs on :)
    Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    There´s also been some work done elsewhere in the pack with further polishing and sorting a few remaining issues - more notably we have added the missing wet tire compound for the MCR S2000 and we are working on adding the turbo model to the Metalmoro cars that feature it.

Wiith the possible exception of the turbos, these updates are due for release later next week.

Automobilista Final Update & DLC
    Unfortunately are still struggling a bit to get this one worked out. Without going too far into licensing specifics, here´s a brief breakdown of where things stand at the moment:

Although we have for a while now held a licensing deal for some new cars for our next sim and already have them modelled and in-game, we jumped the gun with regards to extending their license agreement to Automobilista - despite continuing attempts we still haven´t quite managed to make the numbers work and it´s looking unlikely we will manage to, which may force us to pull the plug on releasing this particular pack in Automobilista.

If that scenario pans out however we have put together a good alternative - we are extending our licensing agreement with Motorsport Vision to include Donington Park and Snetterton, and in this one we would be able to release both tracks for Automobilista as part of the AMS Season Pack with no extra charge for those who already own that.

Development for both Donington and Snetterton is already in progress, and we should have them both ready by late July.

I understand such changes are never a good thing specially for something that was announced so long ago, hopefully most users agree this alternative is good value too.

Either way we are set on releasing one last set of premium content for Automobilista along with some minor bug fixing before the end of July.

There is one more thing...
    Naturally most of you will be checking this more interested in hearing news about our much antecipated and long overdue new title.... I´m aware we have pushed everyone´s patience to the limit there but good things do come for those who wait :)
    20190522151751_1.jpg
    After a long, gruellling and sometimes painful conception we´re finally getting ready to unveil our new baby. Stay tuned for an announcement to be made in the coming days on our Social Media pages, which you can access from the links on the top right of this forum.

Once this is out of the way we should certainly have a lot more to chat about again, so look forward to us resuming our monthly update tradition from next month onwards!

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Winner x 30
    • Like x 18
    • Friendly x 8
    • Optimistic x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    (is that reiza pic on new engine?)

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like a good exchange to me. Then again I am from the UK and love UK tracks especially Donington.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Donnington and Snetterton are really welcome! Better than single brand cars (without same class cars to battle) in my opinion...

About the new title...well we have a new pic to analyze :D

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

So we will see those tracks on new title too?
    If yes...no hope to stretch another bit the deal in order to have the missing tracks for a full BTCC calendar?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lethal

Lethal New Member

gostaria que o AMS tivesse um melhorias em alguns aspectos por exemplo o Race 07 tem varias funções legais e "realistas" que o AMS poderia ter, detalhes que fazem diferença, por exemplo os pés e mãos do piloto, a "física" da fumaça, pistas hillclimb (parecidas com as de rally) (porque não?)... não sei se é viável mas... ta ai minha opinião :D

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, can you release the british track pack in rF2? Would that make financial sense? Please...

Also we gotta start betting on the new engine, ladies and gentlemen :D who will get it right?

Looking at that sky and clouds like... [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. LINCOLNV8

LINCOLNV8 New Member AMS2 Club Member

With all of the investment into rf2, it only stands to reason that it is rf2 under the hood for Reiza 2017.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Travis

Travis New Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to all of the new content and the long awaited announcement.

I wonder if Reiza will use rF2 or follow S3 with modified isiMotor 2 physics and their own graphics engine. Interesting times!

10. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Love that brit track pack to come to rf2 but I'm sure you will save it for the new baby.

Thank you for the news and good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a shame we will not be able to drive the new cars in AMS but looking forward to Reiza's versions of the new tracks.

I look forward to news on the new project and wish the team the best of luck.

12. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good to hear about new title announcement. Hoping there will be some updated SuperV8 category.:D

13. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

We can only say thanks to Reiza, they have done an incredible work , they give us another free content and i love to know that they are on the way to the next sim , that i hope will be great because this guys have proved thay make great stuff. To me AMS and RF2 are in a very similar level but i stick with ams, i consider it a better full package.

I prefer tracks than cars , but who knows which car is the hidden one on the next DLC :D but i understand the point of @santiglza , a great modder that has helped us to race with many other car content, also he is a very quick pilot but he doesnt show so much online :p, where you are?

Well thanks again Reiza Staff , always is good to hear your news!.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Felippe Kiss

Felippe Kiss New Member

The pic of reiza bridge has clouds looks like Unreal engine

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great news all around. Looking forward to hearing more.

16. Paradiz

Paradiz RFRO Member AMS2 Club Member

What a good day!

17. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

I hope the "new baby" has Linux support, or at least could be played using Steam Play-Proton. ..... Ahhh , thanks for Donnington and Snetterton, I really love tis tracks.
    I'm impatient to know the details of the new game and what engine and API uses

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  18. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"Disgusted" es una palabra muy fuerte, disappointed/decepcionado tal vez?

Thanks for the update guys, looking forward to whatever new content you are able to throw our way and hope to hear more news soon! :hurrayreiza:
    As part of the AMS bugfixing is there a chance you could look at this?
    Mechanical failures - a couple of questions

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Reiza already did a great job with graphics using rF1's old engine & DX9, I'm looking forward to see what they can do with a more modern engine & DX11. Imagine how amazing it would be a new AMS game in DX11 with great graphics, car physics & dynamic weather.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Wexodius

Wexodius Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the news update :hurrayreiza:.
    So thrilled for whatever goodies & bug fixes are still coming to AMS.
    And of course looking forward to whatever news regarding AMS2 you will be releasing upon us in the future. If it is anything like AMS, with the addition of dynamic weather & the continued possibility to add 3rd party mods, you will have a real winner in the bag according to me. AMS is my personal favorite sim right now and I hope AMS2 can continue that trend.
    Go Reiza Studios :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 3