1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Announced!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 24, 2019.

1. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

Some FFB effecst are far superior in Project cars 2, like the front tire feeling. I bet they will use a mix from Project cars 2 and the Reiza touch....

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How cool is this news ! and nice spots in the video, apart from the awesome graphics and weather affects, I can see Monaco hairpin, Mclaren's, bmw m1 and maybe some type of gt car's?.. maybe a astin martin gt3 ? but I think the main question now is, which physics engine is going to be used?

• Like Like x 1
  3. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Best of all, it seems to be very developed. I hope we keep all the good things of the past. Great job guys. I love the new logo :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Seems there is at least one Aston and a Ginetta on that vid...as featured on Imperio Endurance Brasil. We could have Lambo and Ferrari too...

You know there are snow tracks on AMS that could benefit of snow on Madness engine?
    Same for dirt tracks...Madness engine was used on PC2 rally cross tracks...

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Aston and Ginetta, Love it.

6. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

meme.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

Such great news to see the long-awaited new version of my favorite sim finally coming to life! And with official McLaren content (aka. most badass f1 cars ever) to boot!

So many questions. Regarding FFB. Regarding tracks. It will all come in due time, I'm sure.

8. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a question on the hard top content. I know a fair number like open wheelers but I found the hard top content lacking a bit in AMS.

I heard what I think is a merc gt3. Will there be a bigger push for gte and lmp2 content?

I loved the lmp2 content in pc2 but the ffb let me down. Hoping this will solve that issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Ruby

Ruby New Member

No idea why people hate the PCARS2 ffb, unless they wanna feel like the power steering is gone and the tires weigh 100000 kilos. And it's not like it's going to be exact, just like, just PCARS2. Of course it's Reiza's own game, they're just utilizing the engine to their needs. Remember when people saw the Unreal Engine for ACC and thought it would turn into "arcade physics"? Haha.

Perfect engine. ISI engine in rF2 is super outdated and really clunky, also visually super ugly. SETA model is ahead of that tire model as well and everything can be simulated almost perfectly and isn't stupidly hard to drive. Can't wait.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

OMG, great news Reiza! I just want to know where I buy it! Looks like I am not going to renew my yearly subscription in a famous online racing sim ;). I beg you, give us a decent VR and I will be AMS2 all the way.

:hurrayreiza:

11. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very good choice guys, and I actually predicted/wished you guys would do this over on a thread at RD! Spooky.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Aaron Green

I can see the BMW M1 in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely fantastic news and I wish all the very best success to Reiza on this title as I will be purchasing it for sure...hmmm Super V8 (hopefully it will make it in) at Bathurst with my favourite weather pattern set up...Sunny > Light Rain > Light Fog > Haze in the late afternoon set on 30x....OMG bliss...LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

I'm so glad of this news.
    Very glad.
    I'm hoping of a good AI, with a respect of blue flag and an easy first lap out of box, and options for offline championships

• Like Like x 1
  15. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

As a kid there was always this hype before christmas. A good amout of that got lost during the years. Christmas is still great, but it's different. This announcement is like christmas when i was a kid. I'm really hyped and i hope AMS 2 finally brings all the attention Reiza Studios deserved but rarely got in the past few years.

To be honest i was 99% sure AMS 2 will be released with the rF2 engine and i'm not the greatest fan of Project CARS 2 (it's nice in some ways but still has many, MANY flaws) but i trust you guys to bring the Reiza philosophy and qualities (physics, force feedback, sound, AI, content) to this engine to finally make an awesome sim with this engine.

Now i just have to (im)patiently wait for a few months.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds great so far. Most important is to get all the strength of AMS working with the madness engine.
    I hope for ea.

Btw: I think there are 2 McLaren F1 in the trailer. 88 in Monaco and 91/92 leaving the pit :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

Very good news! :)

I hope Reiza go hard to bring a evolution of the netcode and physical Damage model. The Netcode and Multiplayer Features in PC2 are not suitable for E-Sport. There you have a lot of work to do ;-)

And important a Stream friendly TV-Tool with replay functions and much more different TV Cams.

But if you can not do that, dear Reiza, who else? ;)

I am very happy and have big expectations!

Thank you

18. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wait for the interview with Renato at RD. Curious for further information.

EA would be great as well. I would like to spend some money to Reiza asap.

19. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Choosing the Madness engine is a real good move:

- already tailored for simracing (unlike, say, Unreal engine)
    - state of art graphic engine running fast on most PCs
    - VR, triple screen support, sleek UI
    - ability to run on consoles
    - will attract the PC2 crowd

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Aaron Green

If I had one request? Let's make the sounds more beefier, more bass, more backfires, more gutteral! I can't wait for this title, it'll be amazing.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5