1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza General Update - Fresh 2019 News!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 22, 2019.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Renato and the team, think you've got yourself a winner here.

now we know why pc3 wasn't going to be a sim!!!

yep still in shockl!

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. Renoista

Renoista Member

Shock, shock, shock ovo totalni je shock

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

does PC2 have rejoin?

4. André Gaida

André Gaida New Member AMS2 Club Member

The Ai in Pcars 2 is scripted and not physic related so that they can drive faster on straights or corners like the real driver or they slow down on straights the keep the lap times, because the performance hit of the advanced tyre physics would be to big to calculate it for the ai. I'm curious how Reiza will solve the problem, because the scipted AI in Cars 2 is really poor

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member AMS2 Club Member

Tenho o pacote o season pass do automobilista, como faço para pegar o DLC do Rfactor 2?

7. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice looking forward to see what you can get out of that engine. Marriage made in heaven?

• Like Like x 1
  8. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You are confusing two issues.

The first ssue is using the full player physics for AI is demanding in terms of processor use. Traditionally, sims (including rF1 and rF2) have used a simplified version of the player physics for the AI. rF2 and PC1/2 have particularly demanding tyre physics so rF2 uses the rF1 tyre model for the AI as did PC1. PC2 uses an AC-type brush model for the AI.

The second issue is how to match AI laptimes to the player. This is done by modifying the AI grip, power, setup (or a combination) in all racing sims. Even where the AI and player use "identical physics" such as in AC, you still need a method to slow down or speed up the AI.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. André Gaida

André Gaida New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not confusing anything at all.
    I have explained the problems of the Ki in Cars 2.

This is exactly what I already mentioned by mentioning that the CPU power is not sufficient to apply the tire physics of Cars 2 to the Ki.

Up to Cars 2 I have never been overtaken by an identical car with a massive excess of speed, while the car of the Ki 1 second still drove with the same speed behind me.
    This is a very cheap trick of a rubber band AI and with it the Ki just decoupled from the player physics, if the Ki can call up several hundred more PS just to reach the lap times and you will never notice it in the other simulations. There is also no aquaplaning for the AI, which is why the Ki drove much too fast in the rain at the beginning of Cars 2, only to be slowed down by a patch due to the script, which is why the Ki drove extremely slowly in the rain for the whole lap, completely independent of the respective grip conditions, only to adjust the lap times to those of the players, who could drive faster than the Ki over wide areas, but lost a lot of time in puddles.
    No I didn't confuse anything, I explained the problems of the Cars 2 physics, which is much worse than the other titles and simply useless, because not only a simpler tire model is used, which you can still assign real grip values, as it happens with Rfactor2 for example, but because the AI can behave completely abnormal regardless of the circumstances.

Since the Madness Engine is based on the Gmotor Engine, it might even be possible to re-integrate the rFactor1 tire model for the AI, so it would be quite handy as in AMS1. I am actually positive, the quality of Reiza has always been very good. Optically we will probably get to see the most beautiful tracks of all racing sims. I found the details and care of the color matching and material selection in AMS 1 already extraordinarily ingenious. The whole paired with a modern engine will certainly be extremely cool.

And to be honest, I just want to go online anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You are right, but "adapative AI" can be used for good or evil ;) It can be arcadish like PCars 2 implementation, or turned off as a serious race sim would at least offer as a default or option, or maybe even enhanced so it replicates what might happen in a real race--such as a driver pushes a bit harder than normal after an off to catch back up to the field. It's up to the devs whether this feature remains in the realm of the realistic or arcade, so do not worry. I have faith Reiza has no intention of turning the clock backwards on the realism of AMS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Gilles Lalonde

Gilles Lalonde MotherDawg

Slightly Mad Studios engines... that - is - scary!

So at least all remarks on the dated looks of Automobilista will vanish but since Automobilista is for serious hardcore sim racers, like rF2 is, what will it be? How much can this code be switch from a bumper car game to a hardcore sim?

No game pad console kiddies can jump into AMS without going into shock. Making the sim a game alleviates that.

If it can't be turned... or simply left as is, it's a loss of all their install base. No serious league is going to switch to a bumper car game for loyalty's sake.

The real question is basically the same and it still has nothing to do with graphics: "What is Reiza's intended market with AMS2 ?" Gamers or Simers?

You can't please both.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
  12. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

really people think reiza would pick a product that would be arcade?! lol

Im pretty sure the guys know what there getting themselves into,... and they can defo fix madness engine!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You do realize that AMS can be played with a gamepad better than most racing titles (simulation and arcade) with little tweaking in controls menu?

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, I bet no one saw this coming!

What's exactly being released in december? A full blown game version 1.0 or some early access/beta?

Either way, super exciting choice and I can't wait to see more.

16. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I love when teams do risky moves :) faith in reiza !

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You have no clue, wait for the 29th and you are in for a surprise...just saying!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Most likely sometime next week.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni
    So is this all about moving onto/establishing a new platform, while possibly retaining all of your content produced so far and venturing into the future from there, supporting and expanding upon AMS2 for years to come as you did with SCE/AMS ? Then also adding new functionalities and systems as you go along and get to know the engine more in depth ?

20. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a i5 3570k & gtx 970 SSC....I run on all high settings msaa med + 20 ai and I get around 130-150 fps at 1080, 80- 100 with night and rain.
    The madness engine is very well optimized.

Tho a more powerful system will be needed for 1440 and greater + vr.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1