1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Madness Engine had MANY crippling and game breaking bugs.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Danneskjold184, May 29, 2019.

1. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I wouldnt ban you for it, but considering this is the 2nd time I see the same post in two forums today, Im going out on a limb and say I have a clue why they did it.

You seem to be insinuating we will have such bugs and already demanding assurances - even though this is the same engine it is not the same product nor the same developer.

Beyond that, a lot of the things you list are content-related issues so not applicable, some are a bit nitpicky, others not bugs at all, but rather things you subjectively consider to be flawed.

Dont get me wrong your list is also useful - Ive already shared it internally and mentioned Ive run across some of the things you reported, and we need to have a closer look into them.

But if you love AMS1 you know that it also has had its share of bugs along the eay, and it still has. Try as we might, these are complex softwares and though the developer should always keep trying - and users have the right to push for it - they will never be perfect.

Someone like you can be helpful - wed be glad to have you betatesting with us if thats something you could be interested in. Either way, Id suggest that on the long term spamming with an attitude is not how you get a developer to listen to you - we didnt even warrant your frustration yet :)

• Like x 22
    • Friendly x 9
    • Agree x 7
    • Winner x 3
    • Useful x 1
  3. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

It might seem crazy to ask about old bugs in a brand new game, but then I played Project Cars 2. I thought I was going nuts when I noticed bugs from Project Cars 1 still in the second game. Imagine how frustrating it must have been to have spent your time in PC1 hitting invisible walls on the track, only to buy a brand new game and then end up hitting the same invisible walls.

I didn't mean to spam 2 forums with the same message. Only after posting over at Racedepartment did I realize that this forum was the best place to do it. And I didn't plan on the entire reddit thread getting pasted here, it was an auto-function.

I'll consider beta testing for you, but I hardly have free time currently.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice list

5. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Too busy writing out lists no doubt ;)

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I can't even see the list. It just reads "Loading Reddit submission..." When I right-click on it and open it in a new tab, it simply reads "Not Found".

7. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  8. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I've just disabled reddit embedding as it's failing all over the place. They should just post as links now

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm very very excited about AMS2 using the SMS engine. I have over 1000hrs in PCars2, ran and participated in several leagues and was, unfortunately (better say that here) the game that finished our clubs time with AMS!

Impressive list of issues with PCars games, almost all of which I recognise :)

However one thing I didn't see on it and I think is the single biggest issue with the game, certainly for MP. Below is an excerpt from a post I put on SMS forums a while ago. Link to original post below too as a lot of chat spawned from it and might make for interesting reading for you as you develop AMS2.

-------------------------------------

I always had an issue with the netcode in the game. Some nights it seemed pretty solid then, for no apparent reason, others it was terrible. I've spent more time going over all my network and systems for this game than anything else to try and work out if the issue was caused at my side as I run our servers. It wasn't.

I run AMS, R3E, DAYZ, Insurgency and other servers from the exact same hardware (a seriously specced server on a FTTP 300MBit down/50 up link using a business class router and I know what I'm doing) and NONE of them have the issues Pcars does. None of them.

And in the last few months it's went from not just the odd night of terrible unexplainable lag to constant micro lag for everyone, regardless of connection speed or quality. Every car on track shimmies and shudders and basically is rarely exactly where you think it is. Proper competitive racing in PCars2 is now a joke I'm afraid. I don’t even bother practicing for my remaining league races as it doesn't seem worth it due to on-track problems.

HALF the league incidents I investigated turned out to be caused by lag and for the ones I got footage from all people involved - 100% were found to be caused by lag. Not some - all of them. Something also hit me the other night. When we played PCars1 - the accident rate felt fairly high, but at the time I thought was normal. Then we moved to AMS - a much harder game to control the cars in - and the accident rate plummeted. At the time I put it down to something about the more difficult to drive cars made people drive safer.

Then we return to PCars2 - which uses almost identical dedi server (so I assume p2p netcode) and the accident rate shoots up again.

Then we started playing R3E recently and guess what - accident rate dropped immediately, even as people are still learning the game. In addition for the accidents that do happen, no arguments ensue since it's actually clear who caused them (argument rate in PCars2 was pretty bad too).

Personally I'm now of the conclusion something is wrong with the Pcars MP netcode. Badly wrong and it's having a terrible effect on the MP experience. Bad to the point that I'd say most of the accidents you see are directly caused by or lag is an element in. No-one is really where you think they should be.

I feel so strongly about this that if PCars3 comes out and uses the same netcode again - I won't be adopting it for the club. It has a terrible insidious effect on the racing experience because it's not always immediately obvious - the racing just isn't right, and the accidents pile up.

Farewell PCars 2 - We've Had a Good Ride, But..........

Hope it helps. Did I say I was really excited to see what your team can do with this engine :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I just watched your Sim Force interview, I really hope somebody could translate it to English for the folks who don't speak Portuguese. I think the explanation you gave in that video about the work you guys are doing with Madness engine would clarify some of the concerns some people have about the engine.
    If you guys do a beta I'd be interested in testing single player and controller support.

11. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a go on that yesterday, but in 3 hours of work, I only managed to subtitle 8 min of video. :(

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Someone else helped during the night, and I just did 5 more minutes of subs. So there is near 29 min done already. The channel owner is working on it right now. I think it will be available by the end of the day.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Enjoy!

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 6
  14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1