1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System requirements

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by the202, Jun 3, 2019.

1. the202

the202 Group C Fan AMS2 Club Member

Hello. I would like to know how the system requirements are likely to compare to Project Cars 2 please.
    I know it is early and you are not likely to know much but I would just like an estimate.
    Here are my system specs for comparison:
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-core at 4GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX960
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    Resolution 1920x1080
    Thanks in advance.

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There may be gains and losses in specific areas but we expect them to be similar overall. Of course as you say we're too early in development to carve anything in stone.

3. hotak

hotak New Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you're ok, you may lokk for a CPU upgrade in the future but it should be enough if the requirements are similar to pcars2

4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I know it's early to confirm system requirements, but when we get closer to release date my suggestion would be to have a list of system requirements in 3 tiers: minimum requirements, recommended requirements to run at 1080p60fps on high settings, and recommended requirements to run at 4K60fps on ultra and/or VR.

5. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I installed the PC2 demo to get a general idea of what to expect. My specs are below the minimum for it and AMS2. I have a 2-gig R9 360, 3.5 gig FX 7700K, and 8 gigs of RAM. With all settings at minimum (except for low SMAA) at 1080, I was able to get an average of 45 FPS when doing the FR 3.5 race against 15 opponents.

There was no option to reduce the AI number. Do you fellows with PC2 think I could pull an average near 60 FPS with about 6 or 8 AI?

How important is RAM to performance? Although my CPU and GPU are the bottlenecks, would going from 8 to 16 gigs help noticeably? That would be my cheapest upgrade.

6. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

whats your ram usage while in the game?

7. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I didn't know there was an option to display that. But I should have! What's the hotkey? Hopping in the shower now; I'll test when I get out.

8. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

no idea, but probably there is some
    i rather meant something like windows resource/performance monitor (like the one in windows task manager)

9. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Looks like more ram won't help. Hopefully cutting back on AI will to some degree.

It still runs much better than ACC, despite the fact that that game has lower official requirements.

10. the202

the202 Group C Fan AMS2 Club Member

Thanks everyone!

11. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

@SlowPoke80, a powerful thing to do is to reduce the resolution. But, of course, only if you don't mind a bit less eye candy, like me.

12. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

That's what I tried first. But the jaggies were so bad I had to use a lot of AA. Less AA at 1080 looked and ran better.

• Informative Informative x 1