1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

No, only if you were a campaign backer or bought a reiza membership pack. Even then, this offer has unfortunatey ellapsed over a month ago.

2. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well...I hope for the next update within the next days, especially the turbo model for the AjR.
    As S397 will release Le Mans soon, the AjRs could be almost as fast as the LMP2 Orecas are, thanks to a way bigger tank vol and less fuel consumption.

3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really liking Reiza's rF2 Bundle and recently tried the Puma around rF2's new laser scanned LeMans...You've got to be joking...:eek:LOL:D...it was a every entertaining drive using manual H-Pattern and Clutch and still managed 240'ish km/h done Mulsanne
    1 PUMA at laser LeMANS copy.jpg 2 PUMA at laser LeMANS copy.jpg 3 PUMA at laser LeMANS copy.jpg 4 PUMA at laser LeMANS copy.jpg 5 PUMA at laser LeMANS copy.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Imola (and all packs that include it) has been updated to feature two extra versions - Imola 1988, and Imola 2001.

010.jpg
    012.jpg

The MCR S2000 has also been updated and now features a wet tire compound option.

We have a few more small updates incoming but those will be released next month now after some further testing.

The Steam Summer sale is about to start, and you can get the full bundle with a 50% discount - make sure to check it out if you haven´t already :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 16
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
  5. fireballr18

Thank you very much! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fireballr18

I wonder why there is that difference with the Formula Vee. In Automobilista it is good to handle, around corners, lift-off-oversteer is not that issue...in rF2 to achieve a save round (I'm not talking about a fast one) is like climbing a mountain.

7. fireballr18

Yesterday I tried the new Tatuus PM-18 on Virginia North Layout. Fantastic combination. This track is awesome and perfect for the smaller formula cars. These fast combinations and turns, hitting the curbs fully and on the way back this turn right down the hill..you can't see the apex just assuming where to turn in ...what a crazy fun. Try this out guys.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any planned efforts for balancing the AJRs in rF2? Right now the performance gap is quite big with the V12 dominating and the Chevy having no answers to keep up with any of them.

Also the AI with the AJRs and MR18s pit quite frequently. Every 20-25 mins. Could their pit logic be updated to go a full fuel stint before pitting?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fireballr18

Would be very welcome

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

I do not have AMS, waiting on AMS2, because I only drive in VR, but I have RF2.
    I bought the Reiza bundle, mostly to get an idea of what the buzz about AMS is. I am happy with the tracks.
    I would like to know from the people here who love AMS, does the Puma 052 in RF2 drives and feel like in the AMS version?

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Since I have my Rift I always said, I never go back to pancake mode again. Lol. But after I got my triple setup and played in full res everything maxed out I must withdraw what I said about pancake mode.
    I really love VR, I really do but triple is a runner up. The wide FOV is really awesome and the high fidelity no different.
    As I cannot drive for hours in a row with VR anymore (old eyes) I bought a triple setup. As long as the current VR does not get any better I wait with buying a new VR until the resolution is much much higher and the FOV as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

You must be pretty old, LOL, I was born in 1956 and I have no issue with VR on long period. Actually I find it more comfortable than pancake as I need reading glasses when looking at a monitor but off course not in VR.
    Any how, about the Puma 052, does it drive in RF2 as it does in AMS?

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It doesn't really matter, because we do not know how any of the AMS cars will feel in AMS 2. Some of the rF2 cars have slightly different configurations or tires, so they were supposed to be different. AMS 2 is using a new engine with a different tire model. We are all confident Reiza will make it shine, but exactly how the cars will feel no one in the general public knows yet. One aspect of "feel" is the FFB, which will be different from both AMS and rF2. Fingers crossed!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

I does to me, :D. Hence why I am curious.

If I understand correctly what you said, they are different, because of the engine difference. Good to know.
    The engine difference is important but maybe less important than RF2 and AMS also use different physic.
    Since AMS2, even though it will use a different engine, will still be a Reiza SIM, and will use AMS physic, I hope and that is what I understand from the developper comments in interview and in threads, that even though not identical they will feel similar.
    Same as, to me, a similar car in AC and ACC, is different but still more like each other than from any other non Kunos title, probably because they share the same physic and have the same father; Aris.:)

15. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Lol.. not that old. But old enough to have problems with long VR sessions. I also have reading glasses when looking at my triple setup but that doesn’t bother me at all. I would love to play longer sessions in VR. In the beginning it was not a problem at all. I could easily play hours in a row in VR. The last couple of months there is a change in my eyes. They get very tired when playing in VR. So for longer sessions I use the triple setup. This is no punishment for me as it looks really beautiful. Although I miss the immersion, actually sit in the car instead of looking at the car. That is the advantage of VR. You are in the game world, you do not look at the game world. Love VR......

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

Hi,
    I would like to simulate 24hrs of Imola (2018). Could you please allow more vehicles? Ideally up to 65, but even if you can't add this much, any increase would be appreciated.

Thank you, wonderful track and quality optimization.

17. Marc Collins

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a sim engine relates to physics and what the devs do with it. All three (rF2, AMS and AMS 2/Madness) sims are based on the original ISI gMotor engine. All three were developed from that common core in various different ways with various different priorities. All three use a different approach to tire modelling. There is no "AMS physics" that can exist outside AMS. For AMS 2, Reiza will use the Madness engine to the best extent that they can to produce the best sim that they can. In an ideal world, it will exceed AMS in every way. We know already several ways that it will be better. But it could also be not as good in some ways, depending on the Madness engine itself, or Reiza's ability to understand or exploit the Madness engine. They had to become experts in the latest iteration of the rF2/S397 engine to do those mods. We already know they are experts in the original gMotor/rFactor engine that underpind AMS :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

That may be, but Renato, in an answer to one of my question on RD said:
    “Perhaps not so obviously, my reply addresses the concern that the engine switch also means a switch in driving experience (which it doesn´t, as per your accurate expectation).”
    He clearly states that we can expect the same driving experience from the different engine.

19. Marc Collins

Ten other places he says otherwise.

It will not be the same and cannot be the same (as in a "copy and paste"). The tire modelling alone would make it different enough that anyone who is a sim racer with decent equipment will be able to tell the difference. The question is whether it will be better. I suspect it will be, because the Madness engine is more sophisticated (later generation) than gMotor in a number of key areas and even though SMS did not do a great job polishing and exploiting it in PC or PC2, I have every confidence that Reiza will with AMS 2. But we won't know until it is available for testing/beta. Renato would not speak in such confident terms unless they had already achieved something special. But it will not be the same as AMS and only the paying customers will determine if it has succeeded.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

At least we can agree on that.:)