1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Early Backing Campaign

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

004.jpg

[​IMG] Uma versão em português deste artigo está disponível aqui

Following the Announcement of Automobilista 2, a number of people enquired about the possibility of either pre-ordering or upping their backing level from our 2015 crowdfunding campaign to include AMS2-related perks.

We´ve come up with something that will hopefully seamlessly complement & integrate both the crowdfunding campaign and membership packs from AMS1, as well as provide a sustainable growth to AMS Beta / Reiza51 development forum. We´re calling it the Automobilista 2 Early Backing Campaign.

Although this wasn´t originally in our plans, as we are an independent studio we can always use a funding boost, and it seems to make sense to open up for backing from those whom, like us, are most interested in the product itself.

Please note this is not a crowdfunding campaign for Automobilista 2 development, which continues to be funded by our regular revenue sources - the game doesn´t rely on any level of success from this campaign to be completed.

It is also not a standard Early Access program - it will eventually grant backers an early Beta access to the game before its official release, but that will only take place towards the final weeks of AMS2 development.

Essentially this is a pre-order with extra perks, allowing those interested in the sim to buy in early, get a nice overall discount and become more closely engaged with Automobilista 2 development.

Funding from the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will be completely directed to boost development of Automobilista 2, particularly towards allowing us to acquire some premium licenses at a quicker rate and hopefully in time for initial release.

Backing options:
    • US$ 119.99 for new members
    • US$ 99.99 for users that already own AMS + All DLCs
    • US$ 89.99 for Reiza Members and Simracing Bonanza backers of level3 or below
    • US$ 79.99 for Simracing Bonanza backers of level 4
    • Exempt of extra charge for Simracing Bonanza backers of Level 5 and above
    What it earns:
    • Automobilista 2 base game (US$ 49.99 on release)
    • Automobilista 2 Season Pass * (US$ 99.99 on release for first 2 years of free DLCs)
    • AMS 1 + Season Pass for all DLCs (which user can send to a friend in case he already own it).
    • Reiza 51 access & voting rights in development polls
    • Automobilista 2 Beta access ** (Available Now)
    • Backer Badge in User Profile
    • Early access to car templates / chance to include skin and author´s name as its driver

*AMS2 DLC roadmap for 1st 2 years so far includes:
    • Expansion Pack 1 (cars & tracks, TBA)
    • Expansion Pack 2 (cars & tracks TBA)
    • Expansion Pack 3 (DIRT PACK)
    • Legendary Race Tracks Parts 1 to 5 (each including one legendary track in various historical iterations)
    With more items expected to be added.

**Automobilista 2 Beta will be similar to Automobilista Beta program in AMS1 - a separate AMS2 install on Steam available before the main game release; and after the game is released AMS2 Beta will continue to receive early beta updates and new WIP content (free or DLC) before they are deployed to the main game release.

AMS2 Beta will be available exclusively to backers and the Automobilista 2 Early Backing Campaign will close before official AMS2 is released - AMS2 Beta will not be available for new users after Automobilista 2 v1.0 is officially released.

Important Notes:

In previous similar pre-funding campaigns we managed to deliver the vast majority of the content and features proposed; we have also offered a number of bonus perks over the years for those who opted to back us early.

We have however occasionally changed our original plans, and on a couple of instances failed to deliver on a few proposals originally outlined.

We stress that these are complex games to put together, and things dont always go as originally planned; we cannot guarantee it wont be necessary to make such course corrections again during AMS2 development. This includes failures in scheduling, delivering specific features and content, and including support for certain types of hardware.

Joining the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will earn users voting rights and the chance to influence development, it will not warrant the right to make specific demands on development decisions.

The backer campaign is non-refundable and you already get keys for the products upon purchase, so please take these considerations above into account before you do. if you are uncomfortable with any of these terms, please wait out until the game is officially released.

Update 1 (03 Jul 19):
    A new version of the Backing Store has been released including Brazilian localisation R$ pricing.

Additionally Simracing Bonanza Backers at level 5 and above now have access and can redeem their rewards. You will need to link your steam and Indiegogo accounts if you haven't already following the instructions on the page.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2020
    • Like x 18
    • Winner x 8
    • Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. Magger46

Magger46 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry i wanted to buy the pack for the new members but i think something is wrong!

I am charged for 200 dollars instead of 120 like it is here!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Purchased the moment I saw this! :)
    Thank you so much for making this available to everyone! ;)

This is pretty cool: Backer Badge in User Profile

:hurrayreiza:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Done and done. Now for the waiting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No price in R$ for brazilians?
    I would love to back, but at R$ 400,00 ( AMS1 + All DLCs) it's a little tough.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Fixed, thanks for letting us know.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. 27th Racing

27th Racing New Member AMS2 Club Member

Recently bought the season pass for AMS and very greatful that we get a discount compared to new members. Going to get some money together so I can be apart of the Automobilista 2 Early Backing Campaign.

8. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Dave Stephenson
    There's seem to be a problem with PayPal intregation.
    When i first clicked on the 'Buy now with Paypal' it asked me to use the One Touch thing(via my google account).

But then it gave an error saying that it could not complete the purchase (didn't printed :( ).
    Now if try to click again, it points to 'https://ipnpb.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr' but nothing happens (blank page that never loads).

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Glad to hear the beta will work the same way as AMS, with parallel installations. The perfect and most convenient way to test new items/features by being able to easily go back to the release version for comparison.

Thanks for that and the rest of the campaign--a great way to get more people involved in beta testing and voting for new content options.

10. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

when you love you don' count, give 400 $ (personnally i will wait for the official realease and buy with steam to have the refund option)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We will look into it - if you are brazilian like Rafael, please hold for now.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Dave Stephenson

@Erick Goldner

I've put the other endpoint in, seems ok here now if you want to give it another go and let me know, thanks.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  13. juan Roguez

juan Roguez New Member

I do not understand well it must be because of the language:confused::confused::confused:, I'm sorry.... I pay now, when will I get the game?

14. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

beta mid november and 1.0 in december

• Like Like x 1
  15. deceda

deceda Member AMS2 Club Member

Purchased without thinking about it! :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Dave Stephenson

As @FeltHat said, beta is expected in November and the main game should release in December. You will recieve a key for AMS1+Season Pass which is playable immediately and an AMS2+Beta key which is a pre-order and not immediately playable via email after purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Guys. Hope to get some clarification. I was an IndieGoGo Tier 4 backer. But as I already owned FT2013 and GSCE... I fell under the highlighted section of this quote...

upload_2019-6-29_14-17-37.png

Will I be getting AMS2 included in my original investment, just without DLC? Would it still be of value for me to pay the $80 USD? How much will the DLC be at retail cost? And would I still be getting early beta access (with or without extra backing)?

Congrats on the progress. AMS has been great, but AMS2 is looking amazing and I know you'll do great things with the Madness engine.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

It wants me to pay $20 more

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2019
  19. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm, interesting. Looks like the same here in Poland becouse R$ is 1:1 like Polish currency. Co now it's about 380 PLN, but think that going to buy to help Reiza :D

20. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats interesting, im from Poland as well and it charged me correctly (90$-350PLN-+ with 1PLN-0.25xxx$ exchange ratio)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.