1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza July 2019 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Looking goo..well like pC2 .
    When will Snetterton and Donington be released for AMS ? I saw August but what date ? Should i install the Beta again or is it near ?

2. AircooledPoly

AircooledPoly New Member AMS2 Club Member

I know its not finished but I am really worried about the sound in the comparison video. AMS2 sounds like PCars2 which I think has very poor sound representaion. IMHO

Are you using PCars2 sounds?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

In the video, the AMS 2 Ultima has the mirror set up wrong, it acts as the middle mirror and shows the same as the LCD, while it's correct in AMS1. Also the motec clarify can be improved a lot

4. Renoista

Renoista Member

For marketing department
    [​IMG]

It strange that on Reiza channel, Google treats Automobilista as Asseto Corsa?
    Intentional :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess AMS2 will be exporting data to API, will it be in form of a plugin ?

6. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't wait for AMS2 beta to start. And very excited about Kyalami. :hurrayreiza:

Strange indeed. My AMS videos on Youtube are tagged fine as "Automobilista".

7. Sektor

Sektor Member

I'm looking forward to AMS2. I like this game very much, i like it's focus on good driving rather than flashy content. Also i like it's simplicity in UI, and i hope they transfer it to the successor.

I hope you guys have something planned for when the game launches, some sort of single player progression, where people who play other sims will stick with this one more than just trying it on Spa or Monza and leaving it for good.

Putting up videos like this is not very useful imo, people who like AMS will hang on 'till the release date no matter what, people who are not fans will nitpick the video saying i don't like this or that. It's cool to show your progress, but people like to look for flaws. All this consumer feedback is just making games worse, make the game you want to play and see how it goes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good to see the AMS felling and signature is already there. Thank you for the update!

9. swigaffu

swigaffu Member AMS2 Club Member

it looks really good.
    I am looking forward to AMS2

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Youtube can be really stupid sometimes. This has happened to me a bunch of times, I upload a video, tag the correct game, then Youtube for some weird reason replaces my correct game tag with a tag for a different game.

11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The sound samples are identical to AMS1 except for the placeholder tranny. Which is not to say it cant and wont be improved, certainly the balancing is off compared to the AMS1 version.

In hindsight it seems we may have done a bit of disservice to AMS2 by showing too much WIP stuff, but it does seem people are a bit too anxious to see and hear PCars2 even though car, track, sounds and 70% of the physics is identical to the AMS1 version that was just shown in the same video :p

We will set that right in the next one :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. swigaffu

swigaffu Member AMS2 Club Member

that sounds great!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

We need mods guys... only for the tracks...

:(:(:(:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Renoista

Renoista Member

Brave move to show this but I guess main purpose of the video was to showcase how great AMS1 graphic is and that it still holds against PC2

Jokes aside maybe it's good that you showed it cause sometimes when You are deeply into development it's easy to miss obvious.
    Sounds in AMS2 are ways off!! :)

On the good side, it's clear that physics is good, and of course old rf graphic engine can't take numerous of madness advanced stuff but it's better to record some visually more interesting track.

Best to you and all the team

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No renato don't listen to those sim racers. I'm more than grateful for the early videos. Ams2 looks awesome and if people are just judging it on pc2 that's not your fault at all. Please dont get put off by the minority of miserable a holes out there please

Or maybe stop posting news etc at Rd that's always been a cesspit of negative simracers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Okay i reinstalled the Beta and No they are released in Beta yet :( But i did have a sudden urge to drive Kyalami again :cool: isnt that a fun track for some vintage F1 and even some over powered road cars !!
    I can wait for AMS 2 , take your time Reiza and get it right ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What will stop Paul from posting news about AMS2?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FS7

Although it's a good source of mods & news I've heard some people refer to RD as RageDepartment because of some of the negative posts in there. :)

19. Mad Al

Mad Al Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't rely on tags, you can set the game title under the advanced section in youtube studio

20. FS7

That's what I was referring to, there were situations where I put the correct game in the advanced section and Youtube changed it to some other game after the video was published.