Reiza17 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by xnorb, Jun 22, 2016.

1. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What generic feeling? The racing simulation is top notch because of the excellent physics and FFB in addition to various options and settings that let you emulate a race weekend that is true to the real thing. Each car in the game has its own character, unlike other "highly praised" so called racing simulators where most cars feel the same, or at best, very very similar to each other although they belong to various different racing disciplines, old and new! Let alone that you can't really replicate a race weekend like you can do in AMS.
    We do have, for example, the 2017 spec. F1 car. All you need to do is download some skins and get an F1 simulator that feels far more authentic than all the Codemasters official stuff.
    I don't want to sound like a fanboi (though I think I am :p), but to me AMS is anything but a generic driving simulation, as you call it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Atsuki

Atsuki Member AMS2 Club Member

"unofficial 2017 f1 season downloadable as mod"

this exists, but you need to dig a little.

3. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know, but I'd rather have it with reiza quality and consistency than fragments from various moders. And there are guys out there who really know what they're doing and not just copy paste numbers.
    But there are also other ways to get there, like for example having more shape variations, like the 60's car, with a bit more alternatives in noses, wings etc that could better resemble a season.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Erwin

Erwin New Member

Some more thoughts about several small* things I like to see improved in a future title.
    • Smoother panning/zooming of the camera in manual mode (End key), and faster moving of camera position (Numpad) to choose a nice custom position.
    • Smart camera mode, that keeps multiple cars together in view when other cars are nearby the selected car. For example during an overtake, it doesn't just focus on your car, but zooms out a bit and simply follows the centerpoint between two cars. And at the start, there are probably many cars around you, then it also should take the average position of all nearby cars, and zoom out even more.
    • Share replays moments in chat, by clicking a button which puts a link in the chat that others can click (a link containing: timecode, playerID & cameraID, so the receiver sees the same footage).
    • Rewind (Left key) at a higher speed than -1x. Because if you want to see an overtake again at a different angle, rewinding should be quick and easy.
    • Animated marshals and flags/displays. Would be cool and immersive to actually see the chequered flag waved at you at the finish. At the cool down lap, all marshalls wave different flags.
    • Post-race screen with lap chart, fastest laps. Perhaps even a replay compilation with interesting moments from the race (start, overtakes, crashes).
    • Store timings of the previous sessions in a separate timing tab; during warm-up, I could look at the qualy times.
    • Add tyre type, and pitlane times, to the race logs.
    • Faster startup of the game, faster menus, less freezes, change the cursor icon when something's loading.
    • Realisic wheel-to-wheel collisions for open-wheelers.
    • Keep track of history of setup changes, like in photo editors; allow undoing changes, no need to save/load each time, etc.
    • Currently there's an image of the weekly time trial on startup, but maybe a button in the menu that selects and loads the track/combo for you automatically would attract more players to it.
    • HUD that shows and updates your world ranking in time trial after every lap. It would motivate me if I could see that I jumped from P43 to P40 after a good lap.
    • Track map with player car centered. Would be more helpful as you can then see traffic further behind when (re)joining the track.
    • Show qualy session duration in pit garage info, so you know how long it takes after practice session. Also show if parc fermé is used.
    • When a lap is invalidated, keep the timers running, keep showing the deltas, and even store the laptime in the logs for post race race analysis. Just flag the invalidated laps.
    *As details take a lot of time to develop, I wound't mind if it had less content as a trade-off.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

If you hold Ctrl + Left Arrow, it rewinds faster. (Down + Left also works for slowrewind)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

pls add option to run directly in oculus vr mode (to be able to skip steamvr), a lot of games for oculus owners run better without steamvr

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. BKM

BKM New Member AMS2 Club Member

My wish list for AMS2:

- Divisão 1 and Divisão 3 cars from the 70's and 80's
    - Brasileiro de Marcas from the 80's
    - Clio Cup or something similar (a small lightweight FWD with a smaller displacement engine like the HB20 Cup recently launched in Brazil or, at least, something under Marcas but more modern than the TC Classics)
    - Possibility to import tracks from PC2 to AMS 2 (specifically the Nürburgring)
    - Some kind of editor for car skins (like the Customize car from iRacing)
    - Something similar to the DRM Revival from Assetto Corsa
    - Hillclimbs

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

10. Sandr08

Sandr08 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Save Game no AMS2. (Save Game on AMS2.)

11. BKM

BKM New Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh another thing i believe should be in AMS2, a big parking lot without obstacles so we can train car control (in special drift cars). I'm really bad at the drifting cars because i`m always crashing into something :p

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Joking aside, some sort of auto-cross, skid pad, parking lot thingy would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

We have 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's & early 00's F1 but in the custom championships we don't have the correct scoring systems for those series. We either need them as a default or just have the ability to create our own scoring systems. Anyway, for 60's, 70's and 80's F1 it's:

1st 9pts
    2nd 6pts
    3rd 4pts
    4th 3pts
    5th 2pts
    6th 1pt

And there was of course the 'only the xx best results out of xx' which is too convoluted for me to go into here but can be found on this wikipedia page: List of Formula One World Championship points scoring systems - Wikipedia

For 90's & early 00's F1 & 90's FIA GT1:

1st 10pts
    2nd 6pts
    3rd 4pts
    4th 3pts
    5th 2pts
    6th 1pt

For 80's Group C and 90's DTM we also need the following scoring system:

1st 20pts
    2nd 15pts
    3rd 12pts
    4th 10pts
    5th 8pts
    6th 6pts
    7th 4pts
    8th 3pts
    9th 2pts
    10th 1pt

(Le Mans was double points IIRC)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  14. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Couple of other things it would be nice to have:

Custom helmet skins so the talented moders out there can create real helmet designs (especially important for historic F1!)

Ability to change driver names, team names and car names so that when we do historic championships the driver, team and car names are correct.

When creating a custom championship I'd like a higher character count. So I can give the championships their correct titles. For example:

1986 FIA Formula One World Championship
    1989 FIA World Sports-Prototype Championship :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. keytracer

keytracer New Member

Full history of time trials with associated settings and ability to review graphs of throttle / brake inputs. Also add ability to input the number of beers I drank before entering time trail. I set some of my best laps after a few cans.

16. FearFactor

FearFactor New Member

sry, can be deleted. wrong theread

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  17. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

Endurance Brasil 2022.

(1) Metalmoro AJR
    (2) Ligier prototype ("LMP3" in a track day config. w/ a few +horsepower)
    (3) Sigma P1
    (4) Ginetta prototype.

So nice to watch. I know, Ligier would be a different license, but we could have a Sigma P1 to increment the class.

upload_2022-5-14_14-43-26.png

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  18. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

Don't know if anyone has asked for this but I would love a Save Game feature like ACC has. Endurance racing is my favorite but I don't have 3-6 hours of free time so being able to save my race at any point and come back to it when I have time again is one of the best features in single player sim racing imo.

I'm mostly a single player race so custom championships and a save game feature are all I need to be happy. We have custom championships which is awesome, so a save game feature would make this sim perfect.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. patrick le

patrick le New Member AMS2 Club Member

I and many people I know sim race with VR exclusively. Getting FSR 2.0 support would be a GAMECHANGER for many!

20. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

upload_2022-5-22_18-4-31.png

New SIGMA "Tubarão" in P1 class

• Agree Agree x 1