AA Still not working.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Aaron Green, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Afternoon all,
    Ive recently come back from a break from playing AMS (and Rfactor) and having played both back to back i realised that the AA currently in RF is much, much better. I've followed all the threads, read all the suggestions but still have a mass of jagged lines across cockpit lines, stadium roofs, car tyres. Yet like i said, if i go back into RF the visual clarity is easy to see, with smooth lines. Which is totally bizarre but i cant fix it. And yes i've tried the Diablo lll settings, windowless borders etc etc etc. Any other suggestions before i give up and go back to other games? Thanks.

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

On my system it only works with SweetFX off, so I can select AA in ConfigTool.

But my notebook's Graphic Card settings have no effect in any game. So it's an unusual case.

3. Aaron Green

It's very annoying as most seem to post that they have fixed it, and I'm following the steps to the letter but I'm not getting the same results. Oh well, roll on AMS2.

4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Aaron u tried fullscreen window?

5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@Aaron Green follow this guide if you are with Nvidia card, if you are with AMD try setting AA from AMD software (you need to override in-game settings).

6. Aaron Green

Unfortunately yes, but just to be sure, am I meant to be doing that whilst relying on the Nvidia inspector to apply AA, or for the Reiza config program to apply AA?

7. DaVeX

Apply your favourite settings from AMS config tool, then apply the Nvidia settings ;)

8. Aaron Green

I thought one overrides the other? Basically I'm using a combination of DSR and smoothing to get it to a slightly acceptable level. Just so I know, so there is nothing that Reiza can do? It's a Microsoft issue/Nvidia issue? Such a shame as I forgot how much I love this game, great base game and if you are a modder, it's a wet dream. You can build and tweak the game to your hearts content, I'm currently building physics mods for 2005-08 F1 mods from RF. I forgot how much I love to research, find out about little quirks in the cars history and handling and then try and put that into the game, sadly - and I understand totally, that'll be lost with AMS2. But I'm 200% (!!!!!) certain AMS2 will be a better title.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  9. DaVeX

Deffo....nothing Reiza can do o_O

10. Aaron Green

Well isn't that ****

11. Aaron Green

All sorted now. Thanks for the advice and help.

12. DaVeX

Glad to ear it worked!