1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Early Backing Campaign

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudXXI

cloudXXI New Member AMS2 Club Member

I am backer level 5 and I have received keys for AMS1 and AMS2. Since I already have AMS1 with season pass, Can I just give the key for AMS1 to a friend? Or is this key somehow linked to me?

Thank you

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

You can gift it, no worries ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. cloudXXI

cloudXXI New Member AMS2 Club Member

4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to officially confirm it: Yes, you can, @cloudXXI. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. latorre

latorre Casi siempre dispuesto AMS2 Club Member

domo debo pasarle la clave a un amigo?

6. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

@latorre, if I understood it correctly, you just need to send the AMS+Season Pass code you received in your e-mail. Your friend has to copy that code and paste it in Steam, through here:

upload_2019-9-2_18-22-14.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  8. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, it doesn't exist yet. From the first post:

9. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

thanks.

the way something was worded elsewhere, which brought me here, had me wondering if there was something available to backers in advance. i'm in no rush though. nov/dec will be here in no time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. latorre

latorre Casi siempre dispuesto AMS2 Club Member

muchas gracias , por tu respuesta.

Saludos

11. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance you can share that custom FFB file? Would love to test it. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness Active Member AMS2 Club Member

just paid me hard earned AUD, please please fix your SuperV8 template so the front bumper is 1x piece on your templates lol. looking forward to skinning new models, praying for another SuperV8

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MrGold

MrGold Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, f
    DL christaan's file and begin by multiplying the forces by 1.5 instead of 1.0. Then begin to have fun with the way forces are calculated. Mind you, there is an inherent roughness to the ffb that doesn't make is as smooth as rFactor 2. But close enough.

Project Cars Pro on the other hand is amazing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

How so?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. kami

kami New Member AMS2 Club Member

Despite not having spent an awful lot of time in AMS - and being relatively new to sim racing -, I have decided to join the ranks of the early backers for AMS 2.
    I do think that AMS, though having a lot of rough edges, is an excellent sim and provides great content which often cannot be found anywhere else (gotta love the south american tracks). I trust Reiza will do a great job with its successor and am curious what they will be able to extract from the MADNESS engine.

Sure, I could wait and buy the whole pack with a bigger discount later on, but sometimes it feels good to put ones trust (and money) in a small, independent studio comprised of enthusiasts where you can be sure they will put your money to good use. And yes, I would hate to have to wait to take it for a spin - so looking very much forward to the beta phase! The voting rights for development polls are a nice bonus. Hoping for some of those, too ;)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. MrGold

MrGold Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So begin by changing the two lines that gives you output forces. Stock it is 1.00 set them to 1.50.

Then you can start to mess about with the way the ffb file calculates forces. You can mess with it and see how it feels better. Just start with the force multiplyer and then linkage angle.

Edit: just realized you were probably asking about pcars pro... Well, fun delivery is a lot smoother in pcars pro than in pcars 2. I think they changed the way the mesh of the track is generated and the forces you feel on the wheel seem to come more smoothly. We got a licence at our VR café and I must say I am quite pleased with it. Even though the raw present in pcars2 wasn't bad, the lack of usage of the momentum in the y and z direction were responsible for a lot of the cars feeling wrong. Some cars never felt right even with Christaan file... I must say that consistency between content is another area pcars pro improved upon! The Formula A is actually good now... Definitely makes me positive about Pcars revolution. I am sure that AMS2 will not need ffb mods ;)

If you are based in the south of the UK you can come and have a go yourself :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  17. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for sharing your experience! This is very promising news for both AMS 2 and the next PCARS and maybe for even more sims in the future.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. geforth

geforth New Member AMS2 Club Member

I also backed that game, because ams is such a beautiful game and I trust Reiza, that they will make a nice experience :)

I received my keys (thanks for ams + dlcs as a bonus! ) and I activated it in steam. But the game doesnt appear. I tend to think it will appear when the beta starts :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It will. It should have been that way for everyone but we had the wrong type of steam key in the first batch so those guys who backed through July and August will have it listed but unable to install.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So when you say, "Legendary Race Tracks Part 1-5" in the OP, what are you guys saying? There will be 5 DLC packs of various historic tracks? Or that there will be 5 historic tracks? Sorry, I just wanted clarification as I do love a good historic track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.