1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skinning in AMS2 / Can we use skinpacks?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gerdoner, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Gerdoner

Gerdoner New Member AMS2 Club Member

I know, I know, it probably is too early to ask... but I'll ask anyways :p

I spend more time designing liveries than actually sim racing. So the higher fidelity of the AMS2 models and gfx engine is something I look forward to very much.
    I never installed Project CARS2, but had a look at the liveries available for download over at RaceDepartment. It looks like in PC2, you unfortunately can only have 1 custom livery installed for each car. Will that system will get carried over to AMS2 or can we see improvements on that front?
    rF2 with its custom skin feature (custom liveries get transferred when you join a server) is still king of the hill in that regard, while iR has trading paints. Live for Speed even had the option to upload a certain amount of liveries to their servers, that was nice too.

On a related note: Leagues often create a skin pack, where they bundle up all the liveries from each team. Will this possible in AMS2? IMHO it makes the title much more attractive for leagues when teams can race their own designs and aren't limited to the default paintjobs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

Very good question and note, thanks for that!

It would absolutely be a must have feature that the custom skins be swapped/exchange automatically when entering the server!

Ask Reiza, please give us this feature from the beginning and support the professional E-Sport Sim community. Unfortunately PCars2 let us down.

Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not lost on us that people want the ability to have totally custom fields of liveries both online and off. As Renato alluded to in some of the interviews skinning is something we will be looking at but how the mechanics of that will be on initial release, it's too soon to say.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gerdoner

Gerdoner New Member AMS2 Club Member

Good to hear that us skinners won't be forgotten ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. McKiernan

McKiernan New Member

There was an excellent Custom Livery Tool, made by Crowtrobot, that facilitated using multiple custom liveries in PC1 & I believe PC2 also. It would be fantastic to have something like this built in the base game.

6. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As someone else that spends probably more time skinning than driving it would be great to be considered when developing the game.

I think with all the “fictional” models that making it as easy as possible for custom skins to be created and added is a must and will Add a lot to in making AMS2 successful.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Even if AMS 2 went the iracing way and having set's of Template's to be able create quick and easy Skin's templates :D

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Tht would be a nice option, but I would not want to see it as the only way to produce or use skins. There are so many amazingly talented artists out there, let's find a way to allow them to contribute.

9. Stickdeath1980

There is but there are people like me whom like the simple yet still can produce pro looking skins in a easy manner.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

We are agreeing. I just don't want it to be like iRacing where it is the only option.

11. Stickdeath1980

LOL's i'm meaning there skinning/template system and trading paint's mate.take AC and AMS you need to be a wizard to even skin a car and know how to code a small libary.(not really)
    i'm meaning (exsample iracing's painter's and skinning and template system is so user friendly) made for the simple user give's you good step's on how to create a great skin by checking out differant template's adding team logos even kitten's painting your car your fav colour i my eyes hand's down best livery/template system out there

12. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me it doesn't matter how easy or how difficult it will be to skin a AMS2 car. What matters is that liveries will hopefully work in leagues. Only being limited to my own livery like in PC2 would be quite disappointing for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

if it uses the same library system like PC2, there will be workarounds ;)
    Not easy, but possible

• Informative Informative x 1