Automobilista v1.5.24 out now - Hotfixed to v1.5.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 7, 2019.

1. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

Hi I have to agree with above, setting in profiler correct. Still the same on my G27.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

i'm out of ideas, unfortunately. The only other thing, i do maybe different, is using Fanaleds, but i can't imagine, that this would cause some "fixing"...
    This is so strange, i really hope, the hotfix will work for everyone soon.

3. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Pls try with the 64bit driver grom the link below (assuming 64bit win10 os)
    Do not go by version numbers because they had few updates without version number change.

Downloads - G27 Racing Wheel

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

@Domagoj Lovric , Amazing. Your suggestion worked for me. Even with the same version profile builder, a new download and reinstall now works as before. (Win7 64 bit). FFB and auto rotate ok - Lights not yet. Thank you for reply and your dedicated time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Try using "Fanaleds" and activate it for AMS, my LEDs are working, i think it could be, because of that^^

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

7. Domagoj Lovric

Leds have been fixed in beta, it should soon arrive in main release. Apologies there guys, LEDs not working on g27 is purely my mistake of ommiting building support in steam build configuration.

• Like Like x 3
  8. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

thanks!!! yes, that worked! auto rotate fine now. Cheers

9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you also have Logitech Gaming Software v9 installed ?

10. Domagoj Lovric

@bobbie424242 Pls try installing driver linked. As I mentioned already, Logitech released several updated drivers under same version.

11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did...

12. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So my V2 base is no longer showing any LED's...what am i missing?

13. Domagoj Lovric

So LEDs on wheelbase aren't working?
    Have any on wheel rim?

You need to post trace file, it's setup to log Fanatec very detailed.

EDIT. So by V2 base, is it this one:
    ClubSport Wheel Base V2 (7.0Nm max torque) ?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  14. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Dear @Renato Simioni @Dave Stephenson @Domagoj Lovric

I tried to reach you for a long time now becasue it is not only important to me but for the whole community.

I don't want to be pushy or bother you with this, but as my questions are not answreed for while now(I opened several topics regarding this before) I would like to ask if there is any chance that these will be fixed as the new beta that came out yesterday still not contains any of those fixes which I have mentioned.

Thank you in advance,

Philip

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Repeat of post elsewhere: latest update (025) did not break anything on my older CSW (v1). All functions and timing still working properly.

This is like a whack-a-mole game trying to get so many controllers and controller types to all work happily at the same time. Especially with Logitech's almost criminally-bad driver and profiler implementation that has been frustrating users for so many years!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Domagoj Lovric

Hello Philip, sorry for silent ignoring of this; i am afraid we just cannot dedicate anymore time into it. We did have attempts, but things would break elsewhere.. So we have to pull the plug. Even updating wheels was done with our best intentions, wishing to bring in more features for some manufacturers, move away from double branch just for G29 users as that alone is very confusing, and you can see from beta and release we opened nasty can of worms doing that...

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @Domagoj Lovric for replying, as I too have asked these questions on different threads. It's a shame you have to pull the plug, but at the same time we have been persistent at nagging because you have done such a good job to this point! Thanks for the work you've put in on the AI, which despite the blue flags, is the best there is for a contemporary sim :)
    Given how bad it was for rFactor and all other iterations, you made it better than I ever thought it could be! :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Thanks for the answer Domagoj and all your efforts, I am sad but I do understand the situation and you made AMS excellent.

Just one question: would not be possible to reintroduce the AI brake awarness 8n blue flag just like how it was in the 1.5.18 beta version? It was much better then in the previous versions or right now, but you did mention that you guys reverted back.

Could you tell me the reason why it was reverted back as that was much better not just in my opinion?

Thanks

19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Because it caused AI to crash into each other in other non-blue flag circunstances. It´s a common mistake for non-programmers (myself included) to imagine that code is neatly self-contained to specific funcions (ie. AI behavior under a blue flag) but in fact it´s often interwined with several other fronts and that´s what make every small change a potential can of worms - we´re also changing code we didn´t originally develop which makes it harder to foresee results and it´s impossible to ensure good results if you´re working on a schedule.

I know that´s not a very satisfying answer but the frustrating reality of software development is that if you´re not able to live with imperfections you´ll never release anything :)

I do appreciate the constant and patient flow of feedback from you though Philip, we don´t always reply but that doesn´t mean we aren´t aware or giving any attention to the problem :) if you wish to join us in Reiza51 during betatesting for AMS2 you´d be most welcome, drop me a PM ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is sad, but true. The ISI engine does most of the most important things incredibly well. But we can see from all the other sims that have branched off the rFactor base that each has frustrating missing features or malfunctioning components still after all these years--and not because any of the devs wished for that. It is very clearly a highly complex and not well-optimized (Marcel Offermans of S397 speaks extensively on this to describe what needed to be done in rF2 by his crew) set of code.

I am disappointed about this blue flag behaviour "bug" and that one of my seemingly (but not in reality) simple pet peeve issues also will not be extinguished for the final version of my favourite sim, but I do know that Reiza has made more progress in more important areas than any other dev (and I include rF2 in that!) and fixed more than I imagined they would be able to. Given that, in the end, I can't be too disappointed.

I am hopeful that AMS 2 will either have these sorts of items sorted already in its core or that they can be tackled early on in the development process :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1