Automobilista v1.5.24 out now - Hotfixed to v1.5.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 7, 2019.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@Domagoj Lovric , @Kevin Cox , @ganzoni , @Dann Murillo seems there is a bug in the recently released update that is prevening the AMS Dedicated server from running.

Fortunately we had a backup of the old .exe version and replacing it, from a quick test, seems to fix the problem.
    Also an updated client can still connect to the old dedi version so it should fix the problem for now.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Paradiz

Paradiz RFRO Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you put the file somewhere?

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Yep sorry guys, small error there while building slipped through. Restart Steam and should be fine both on release and dedi app now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Paradiz

Client update on steam, dedicated changed, trying this one

5. Paradiz

6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Perfect!!!
    Was uploading that but Renato & Co.fixed it!
    Great work Reiza!

• Like Like x 1
  7. susuwatari

susuwatari New Member

Since i almost never drift, i am not sure if the recent updates caused these or they have always been like this, but:
    • When driving in drift mode, the game crashes to desktop after a couple of laps.
    • If i pick Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Drift or SuperV8 Drift, i get zero FFB. It seems to work fine only with Montana Drift.
    (Wheel: G29)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yep, that bug came back :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Yep we´re aware of the issue with those two Drift cars, also any mod car that uses SteeringFFBMult = 0 in HDV will have no FFB. This is a result of the fix added for direct drive wheels (in fact that value should never be 0 in AMS even if it was by mistake in two of our cars).

A fix for this has already been arranged internally but we will hold off for any further remaining issue that may warrant attention. We have some extra localization options planned to be added still in the coming weeks so we might take that opportunity to release another hotfix.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ive got a very strange issue, i have tested games back to back to see if its a hardware issue but its definitely not. My inputs (steering,pedals) are relaying into the game in a drunken manner, when i turn the wheel full left the wheel complies but does so very slowly, as well if i stamp on the throttle, it builds up super slowly, then i lift off and you can see on the HUD the green line come down very slowly. The FFB is barely there, almost non existant. I've got a universal HUB with a V2 base and pedals.

11. Aaron Green

Scratch that, that was in the normal AMS build not the AMS Beta. FFB etc is working on that, as well as inputs but the current AMS build is as above.

12. Associat0r

Associat0r New Member AMS2 Club Member

13. Marc Collins

Is that just the light FFB issue (there is some, but way less than normal for me), or also the crash-to-desktop after a couple of laps?

14. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@Aaron Green pls asked already, if you can do a trace session, drive a lap, exit and attach trace here.
    @Marc Collins - light FFB you mention - is that something new (speaking of our cars, mod content will probably have next to nothing as it seems)

15. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone explain me what this means ?

16. Marc Collins

I have never felt it before, but I never use Drift cars. I just wanted to verify what @susuwatari said because I knew the CTD was something that I had read got fixed in a prior update.

My first thought after feeling it was that the Reelfeel strength got turned way down and cranking it up would fix it. There were still forces (i.e., not = 0). I didn't bother to do that because I presumed it was a bug.

I had also never experienced the CTD (because I don't use Drift), but sure enough it is there, too.

If someone can name a "mainstream" mod that is affected, I probably have it and can test.

My comments were just intended to be a helpful corroboration. Others who use Drift regularly can likely be more informative.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. susuwatari

susuwatari New Member

In my case, i get ZERO FFB with Evo Drift and SuperV8 Drift.

CTDs take place in drift mode, with any car, at any track, at some point during initial laps.

CTD is the primary problem here. I mean, as long as the drift mode keeps crashing, whether or not Lancer/V8 FFBs work properly doesn't matter that much. ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Aaron Green

Remind me again, how do you run a trace? I know it gets stored in the LOG folder but I can't remember how to set it up - is it in the launch options?

19. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

20. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have modified that line in quite a few HDV files, replacing 0.0 with anything beween 2.0 and 5.0, but find it works with some and not others, so there must be a bit more to this bug. Hopefully you will be able to fix, as the game has now lost a lot of appeal. Thanks for continuing to upgrade though.