1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hybrid engine in AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by doberk, Oct 3, 2019.

1. doberk

doberk New Member

Recently I have seen the last video of automobilista2, where reiza shows onboard cameras of F-V10, F-Reiza and F-Ultimate. However, it was a surprise to me sawing that V6 shows a rpm indicator where should be the battery indicator. It seems not to have hybrid engine.

Will AMS2 have hybrid engine with mgu-k and mgu-h like iRacing and Assetto Corsa? or will it be only a graphic update of AMS1?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like your question! In addition, it feels a bit weird to show the revs with the blinking lights on top and in the vertical bar. I'd rather have nothing there or a static/fake battery indicator. Of course, a hybrid engine model would be even better!

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It will have hybrid systems, engine already supports it. It´s not in yet in the preview video however which is still using the emulated physics from the AMS1 version.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. doberk

doberk New Member

Great news, Renato. I can't wait for the final version :)

5. MrGold

MrGold Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the system a one button push like in pc2 or are you planning a proper hybrid system like in AC or iRacing?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

There is an addon for AC called intelliboost that lets you set the hybrid output to specific parts of the track and I think even to a certain intensity. Maybe something like that would be possible in AMS 2 somwhere down the line.

• Agree Agree x 1