1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Console Support and Features

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by EdwardOutcast, Oct 4, 2019.

1. EdwardOutcast

EdwardOutcast Cyber Driver

Hello, first and foremost I am a PC gamer, but I enjoy collecting physical console carts/discs whenever I can for my Switch and Xbox.

And, given the scalability of the new Madness Engine, we could see AMS2 ports for consoles during the first two years of life of AMS2.

It would be definitely interesting to see the game on systems that are less powerful, specially the handheld Switch and the base Xbox, let alone have a physical copy of AMS2, that would push more sales and ultimately help Reiza in the long term.

To do that, however, Reiza would need a publishing partner like Bandai (Project Cars) and devkits for the consoles they wish to publish the game on.

A few questions for the community:
    Do you think Reiza Studios should do this or is it too risky? Who would develop the port from PC to console? Would you or a friend buy it?

2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is pure speculation, but I could see Reiza looking at consoles long after the game has been out on PC (at least 1 year), when inevitable PC development craze has dwindled a bit and the game has more content than on release (and bugs fixed).

3. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Turn everything to 11 and go for ps5 and project scarlett :D

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

PS4 and original XBox one were to weak for PC2 with madness engine.
    PS5 / Scarlet maybe, but the "old" consoles make no sense for new power hungry games