1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Early Backing Campaign

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Five packs with each of them featuring one track in their various iterations accross their history, for example Hockenheim 1976 / 1988 / 2001/ 2017 - that´s one such pack, there will be five (at least) of these.

• Like Like x 11
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's agreat idea. I love to drive on a track on it's different historical layouts, like we have at Hockenheim or at Imola.

3. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My other bets/guesses for the other tracks are Silverstone, Monaco (Azure), Monza. I managed to guess correctly months and months ago what direction the guys at ACC were going to go in regards to future DLC (other GT3 series around the world), let's see if I can keep up this run!? But thanks for the reply, can't wait. Reiza track reproduction is second to none, I love your tracks.

4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Well thats one out of three as far as DLCs go... with another being base game content :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. crimsonregency

crimsonregency Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, will there be any versions of the historic tracks and/or cars in the game that are from the Pre-War era (-1939)?

6. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You've twisted my arm. Thanks for including extra info (not sure when, but just saw now) about estimated costs of the seasons pass at retail prices. As a Level 4 Bonanza backer, it's hard to pass up when I have good confidence of the quality of the product. That said... the email gave me not only my AMS2 key + Season Pass (for upcoming release)... but shows a key for AMS1 w/ Season Pass... is this my old key, or a new key that I could provide to a friend? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

New key, let a friend join you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

For a friend.
    If he waits to see if the early access reviews are good can he still buy in at the discounted price ( he is level 3 for AMS) if he purchased before full release?
    My recommendation was just to buy it but he refuses to buy into a SMS engine again without knowing after being screwed by pc1&2 from SMS games in the past.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I think the engine is good. It is what they did with it could have been done better. That said, Pcars is still a great sim. At least for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

Long time LFS player and last year I got into Asseto corsa, it is great and a step up in all senses from LFS standards. A friend of mine recommended PC2 and i bought it on the steam sale for 75% off, played for as long as I could stand, and even after messing a lot with FFB settings, the game felt crap. FFB was bad, Car Physics where bad, a step down from Asseto Corsa in all aspects but graphics. I refunded it because i thought even 75% off PC2 was not worth its cost.
    I just got AMS1 a few weeks ago and even tho its older and not as shiny its a much much better simulation than PC2. Even better than AC in some aspects, like sound and FFB on some cars. Well worth the price i paid for it.
    I really can´t blame him, I think the same, there is no prof (so far) Reisa can actually make the sms engine perform as we expect it to. Tho the videos published so far look good and sound great, the question is if the SETA tire model can have a completely different feel from what PC2 presented us or not.
    I´ll probably back AMS2, still thinking about it, the extra AMS1 key and beta access are nice, I´d just really like official word on the question posted on another topic if we are allowed to stream/make videos from the beta or not. Maybe @Renato Simioni could give us a quick yes or no answer on that topic.

11. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the above post covers the situation perfectly. Some people like PC2, some don't. Some people will like AMS2, some won't. If you don't you have the option of a steam refund.

12. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like PCARS2 a lot, but I also feel that the FFB in it is just wrong at times and counter intuitive, at least with my G29. In AMS the FFB is good, but very often stopped working for me when I tested it. In RRE and ACC it also feels good to me in the same wheel.

Having said that, the FFB in the Madness engine is very customizable, people have made wonders with it, even in PCARS2. Personally I just do not have the patience to spend days adjusting it, so I just use what feels mostly ok, but I am pretty sure the devs here can customize it the way the want to make the results they want. Same goes for a lot of aspects of the engine/game actually :)

13. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

I did managed to fix the FFB, with those custom files available online, not really worried about it, although it would be great to be able to use custom LUT files like in Assero Corsa, at least on the G29 the custom LUT file makes wonders.
    The FFB in AMS1 so far been great experience and working perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hfr

hfr New Member AMS2 Club Member

After using the AMS2 key in Steam, AMS2beta did not appear under Games.
    Steam is showing an error message (in german).

Automobilista 2 beta Error.png

Translation:
    Steam could not install (applikation configuration is no available).

15. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It cannot be installed because its not available. Activating key triggers installation process, hence the message

• Like Like x 1
  16. hfr

hfr New Member AMS2 Club Member

OK thx, thought it would appear under games or somewhere

17. FeltHat

• Like Like x 1
  18. Umar Abdulaziz

Umar Abdulaziz New Member

Is there any way to get the early purchase for new members but can be bought on the steam store itself. It is way more convinient where i'm from.

Have been eyeing AM and AM2 content for awhile now and am excited for the release!

19. FeltHat

at the point its impossible

20. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We'll look into it. I'm fairly sure that straight credit card payments were possible in the past.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.