1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Additional tracks ??

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rob Fitness, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am starting to feel a little concerned…:(

Reiza already have my support via early backer, and im sure it will be a good product. :)

However after being an early backer for ACC and I don’t even play it now as it turned out to not support triple screens properly, and I never would have backed it if it was a well-known fact at the time. and now they are getting decent laser scan track of Bathurst and a couple others… ticks me off immensely !! Anyway….

It raised my eyebrow in thinking. o_O

where are all the extra tracks going to come from now? AMS relied a lot on Patrick for all the decent add on/converted tracks.

If AMS2 is Madness engine where are the modded tracks going to come from now, can you even add modded tracks to Madness/PC2 ??? I have no clue.:confused:

Are we going to be stuck with just Official content now? Which is totally OK, in fact I would even say I’d prefer that, as long as the tracks are decent and keep coming regularly.:cool:

Everyone has their favourite tracks, they cant live without. Mine is Bathurst! All I want is a decent (laser) version of the mountain in a decent sim with AI, and now I’m losing sleep thinking AMS2 won’t be it.

iRacing = decent Bathurst, but no AI. (FAIL)
    AC = not really a good version available. (FAIL)
    ACC = Decent version coming, no Triple screen (CATASTROPHIC FAIL) minimal cars (FAIL)
    PC2 = it’s a OK version, but crap physics, AI looks like they are controlled by a monkey on a gamepad, and poor in general poor sound apart from a few cars IMO (FAIL)
    RF2 = I actually don’t know, lol.

PLEASE PLEASE :hurrayreiza: come through with the goods…

Even if you some how get the PC2 version off of them, do your special wonders on it and make it a DLC track

PS: not much talk going on here considering only a few months from Vers 1.0 :eek:

• Like Like x 4
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Well AMS features the mighty V8 so I think those with Adelaide will be featured on AMS2 too and Bathurst could find his natural place between them so...fingers crossed, there is hope!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep in mind that AMS 2 development won't be dropped after v1.0. There's still a lot of things to come.

• Like Like x 7
  4. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Everybody has its favorite track and for me it would be Meindig and its glorious 11km. A unique track that I hope will make it at some point.

• Like Like x 5
  5. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would think it safest to assume there will be no modded tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

More tracks follows lots of people buying AMS 2 and being willing to shell-out for DLC, so Reiza can afford to licence and produce more tracks. It's not really that complicated. We know for sure that Reiza will reinvest in their own product, since that's all they have and all they do. It's not a multi-national corporation with a bunch of conflicting priorities.

And, they are open to user-feedback about which cars and tracks to pursue. Go put your words in about Bathurst over here as well:

AMS 2 DLC Vote with your Wallet List - Latest Formula 1, Motorsport, and Sim Racing News

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. baker

baker New Member AMS2 Club Member

There are going to be a lot of us that simply wont buy if we cant race on our Aussie tracks. : (

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc Collins

An Aussie track pack sounds like a fantastic DLC option. I would buy it as I love those iconic tracks. Look at link above your post and go vote! :)

9. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And that's fine. I'm sure there are many more who won't buy because they can't race at Monza, Spa or the Nordschleife. AMS2 is what it is. If you want a mod platform there is AC and rF2.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bayern1

Bayern1 New Member

As long as AMS2 is not moddable I will not buy it.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

We will miss yo...naaah, it isn't true...
    If you can't stand the lack of modding there are a lot of options to look at...

• Like Like x 1
  12. baker

baker New Member AMS2 Club Member

Well we race them already in AMS, but AMS 2 may be a set backwards for many of us. : (

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bayern1

Bayern1 New Member

You are absolutely right.

14. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

An official V8 Supercar championship in AMS2 would be a fine Australian counterpart to the sim's Brazilian V8 Stockcar championship. Never mind the cars; just the notion of a complete roster of Supercar tracks tickles the imagination. I'm sure that Reiza would love to do it but the licensing costs (and the workload) would probably be prohibitive. Still, you never know - if AMS2 is a roaring success, perhaps there could be a big Aussie Pack DLC. That might reel in every simracer in Australia!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Marc Collins

I would happily pay for that (the cars and tracks)!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

holy moly, just imagine touring car masters with all those australian tracks

• Like Like x 2
  17. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If they get the tracks PC2 had plus there own from AMS1 sweet mother that'll be sick.
    Coming from JB whom lives at Bathurst the AC version is bang on the FM7 one and iracings well its freaken old lol.
    RF2 - isn't to bad bit so so.

Hell i'd love a v8supercar series in ams2 with aussie tracks and Kiwi too :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be sweet if they were able to port those add-on circuits from Patrick into the game, but how that would work I don't know as not even Patrick was the original creator of those circuits. So that's a whole separate chain of rights to pay monies wise. Plus they then would have to gain access to the circuits license fee as well I'm guessing. But even today when I play them I marvel at just how high a quality those modded tracks were. They really are studio level visually. There are a few bumps in the mesh here and there where cars disappear but apart from that they are first class.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Marc Collins

Those tracks from Patrick all existed for many years in prior versions of rFactor-based sims, including Reiza's, so "conversion" was a relatively simple process (but still a ton of actual work to polish them to such a great finished product). To bring them up to Madness standards (or even rF2) is beyond the capabilities of any typical modder, even if we ignore the licencing issues. Think about all the dynamic track features that are different from AMS and the overall graphical standards required to handle proper 24h lighting cycle, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I meant Reiza bringing them up to standards.