1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Championship offline, ai talent editor e modding in Automobilista 2 or not?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jamespoly86, May 28, 2019.

1. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

I hate Project Cars 2 because there isn't an offline custom Championship. I like a lot offline Championship and I hope that there will be in Automobilista 2.
    Another question is if there will be ai talent editor in Automobilista 2 because I like edit name and performance of AI pilots.
    Third and last question is if there will be mods of cars and tracks in Automobilista 2.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. baker

baker New Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the big question I am most interested in knowing.

3. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Reiza clearly declared no mod support for AMS2. However, if a modder finds a way to mod the game... then who knows.

4. baker

baker New Member AMS2 Club Member

"I think Reiza clearly declared no mod support for AMS2. However, if a modder finds a way to mod the game... then who knows."

This is going to be a deal beaker with a lot of people I know.
    There is a reasonably large Australian community racing mostly on Australian tracks.
    With no track mods that wont happen.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. NavyFlipperHUN

NavyFlipperHUN Balazs Floszmann AMS2 Club Member

Aren't good enough for online competitions...
    I really can't understand people who playing offline...wasted time and can't enjoy the 21st century games strongest point.
    Back to the past, 480p resolution...yeahhh nice 'n cool!
    :D
    Edit:
    I'm ready for disagrees :cool:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 21
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
  6. Wheelzpin

Wheelzpin New Member

Not a disagree, just a question. What is it that you find so much more appealing about online racing?

7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There's many reasons for preferring playing offline over online: not having to wait forever in a online lobby, being able to play whatever I want whenever I want, not having to worry about connection issues and/or quitters, and so forth.
    Not all of us have the time to join leagues, or patience to play against bad players in public lobbies, or patience to wait forever in a custom lobby (in my experience I spend more time waiting than actually playing whenever I go online in racing games).

Hopefully AMS2 will provide good options for racing offline & online.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To answer this for myself, the adrenaline rush you get when you know you are fighting another real person wheel to wheel is like nothing else! You try to push them and make them make a mistake, they try to make you nervous as well, pushing corner after corner to overtake, you all make believable mistakes etc. Unfortunately no AI can go close to this level of realism, although the AI in AMS is probably the only one that comes a little close.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Wheelzpin

Wheelzpin New Member

@cpcdem I agree with all of that. But I'm also familiar with the downsides as mentioned above: the turn one flustercucks, the rage quitters, and the rammers you find in open servers, and the difficulties of keeping up with a league schedule and all the silly bureaucratic rules that often spring up with them. For me, the best option comes with a small group of friends who can organize a race at random times, filling up the roster with good AMS AI, and spending a couple of hours doing what we love to do.

My question was really directed towards @NavyFlipperHUN who implied that online was the only acceptable form of sim racing. I think it's a narrow-minded viewpoint. A good offline mode (including championships) is just as essential. I don't always have the time or the energy to sift through servers, looking for an interesting racing opportunity, and scheduled leagues don't fit all lifestyles.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. cpcdem

Yeah, I think his comment was mostly tongue in cheek... I agree, it's essential to have good offline as well. I personally do not care much about it anymore, but many people do and, after all, I do not think anybody starting racing directly in online...

And I completely agree about public servers, most of the times they are indeed very bad, I can't stand them anymore either. I was also afraid about the points you made about leagues, but once I started racing in them, it's no issue really. There are so many (for various sims) available, so definitely some will suit everybody, I currently race in 5-6 per week. And indeed some leagues have all sorts of rules etc (which often do not actually work in practice), but most clubs are very relaxed really.

11. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A bit of a plug for us (sorry) but AMS does not suffer from open server wreckers very much in my experience. It happens but not frequently.

You should come and join our AMSUnofficial (AMSU) open servers. We run 3 casual championships a week plus special events. Rare to get wreckers and T1 crazyness but we (the AMSU Admins) monitor races and kick anyone who messes about or is a danger to others although this is not needed often. We have a great group of regulats and a lot of random drop ins as well.

Our rules can be boiled down to one statement. "Race like gentleman". This happens to be our group motto :)

Free open events with a great community.

A few months ago we started events with automatic success ballast and have just tested grid manipulation as well in preparation for a weekly British Touring Car style 3 x 15min race special. Just waiting for those new Reiza tracks to be released :)

Lots of life and fun to be had with AMS although very much looking forward to AMS2.

Hope ballast allocation and grid adjustments are possible! No experience with PC2. Does anyone know if PC2 Dedi servers support ballast and grid adjustments?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. cpcdem

Nope, it does not support them unfortunately. Also hoping AMS2 will though!

13. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm crossing my fingers then @cpcdem :D

Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paul_73

Paul_73 Member AMS2 Club Member

These are questions I am interested in knowing answers to.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We are commited to adding single player custom championships to AMS2.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

thank you..

17. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

I started putting together a map of a possible AMS career mode. Mostly of ideas and a wishlist. But I mapped out the series progression, with career paths in Open Wheel and Closed Wheel, but then an other class for one-offs. There are also Invitationals and Historic Festivals to participate in. Basically, I wanted the career to create a narrative for the player's experience, without having the incessant pressure to win every race to capture every accolade. The journey is part of the fun. Willing to share this spreadsheet with devs if you PM me.

ams2 career.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Apolo27

Apolo27 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yessss, Thank you very much for the information, I love playing offline ..
    I honestly believe that the ams AI is the best of all the simulators that are currently..
    Also i spend hours behind the wheel just for the pleasure of driving

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  19. LoT

LoT New Member AMS2 Club Member

About the AI, I notice they always slow down when I hit them from behind. I wish they would either just get out of the way or continue racing.
    Also, in quali and practice they should avoid hitting me at all cost. I don't know every corner like they do without practice...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like offline because I can replay an entire season, running the full races (length or time), as well as pit to change my driver to an AI driver, let him/her drive, (in an endurance race), pause, save mid race, take the dog for a walk lol, etc.. I'm not against online, but I find that I can't always make the time/date due to work and family.