Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for testing!
    Here is what I do on a reace weekend:
    1 practise, 1 quali, 1 warmup, 1 race
    tire limitation set on 5 or 7 (with 7 there's only problem with FV10)
    -practise about 30min
    -quali about 20-30min
    -warmup 5min
    -race 15min with normal fuel and tire use, formation lap with standing or rolling start

Is it possible that the ai use all their tires during practise and quali?

Another point is, that this issue is only with formula cars. With StockCar, Truck, Kart, TouringCars there haven't been yet any problems.

2. Spin

Spin Active Member

v1.5.16r
    Enabled "Use Additional Hardware Features" and "Start hardware event monitor:"
    - fanatec LCD turns on when starting game, says "AMS"
    - no freezing
    - cannot drive because either 1 of 2 things happen: A) car immediately goes to first gear and stuck in gear, B) car starts in neutral but will not shift into gear, completely unresponsive to gear shifting although AMS was recognizing shifter perfectly in game's main menu control options upon first starting game (before loading any tracks)

Disabled "Use Additional Hardware Features" or "Start hardware event monitor:"
    - LCD does not turn on during game start (makes sense)
    - no shifter/gear issue, game perfectly playable

Note: if "Use Additional Hardware Features" & "Start hardware event monitor" are enabled, only way to fix the shifter issue is unplugging Fanatec wheel / universal hub USB

v1.5.25r
    Enabled "Use Additional Hardware Features" and "Start hardware event monitor:"
    - fanatec LCD does not turn on during game start
    - very long freezes at end of track load, when going on track, un-pausing game, going back to pit/garage screen, etc.
    - no problems with shifter/gears

Disabled "Use Additional Hardware Features" or "Start hardware event monitor:"
    - no changes

Note: regardless if "Use Additional Hardware Features" & "Start hardware event monitor" are enabled or disabled, only way to fix freezing issue is unplugging Fanatec wheel / universal hub USB

Should I test v1.5.24? I didn't realise there were 3 updates after v1.5.16r, not 2, therefore I don't know if v1.5.16r or v1.5.24 is the last version without the freezing & with the controller.ini fix.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I had Fanatec issues with various versions since 16. All is resolved now (for my set-up). Your adapter thingy may never work. It has been a nightmare just to get all the wide range of Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster hardware to work properly with ALL features enabled and fully-supported auto-rotation. It appears they are now finally there. Odd combinations may not work without some user work-around. Most titles don't even support the basics of what our wheels are capable of, but ironically that improves compatibility.

4. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Well not sure what to suggest. Repeating again, delay doesn't happen when dealing with any of Fanatec special features in your case. Difference there is 1.5.16 having old fanatec SDK.
    Can you try going thru fanatec wheel rim menu and turn all ffb effects off (i suppose you are loosing nothing by doing that, since you have simucube)?

Did you test other suggestion:
    editing this setting in controller.ini (can be either 1 or 0):
    "Fixed Rate Inputs=0"

5. Spin

Spin Active Member

[delete]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  6. Spin

Spin Active Member

I'm not trying to get my "adapter-thingy" to work from within AMS. The adapter is literally just treated by Windows and every other game as simply another controller, no different to a button box, shifter, pedals, etc. I guess there's some coding in AMS which is trying to do things with that controller (maybe LCD or FFB stuff) which causes the game to have issues. If AMS just simply treats it like every other controller without trying to do any Fanatec or Logitech stuff in the background then I'm fairly confident the problem would be resolved / not exist because it's simply just another controller (but maybe AMS thinks it's more, perhaps an actual entire FFB wheel).

There's gotta be a way to disable AMS from trying to apply it's SDK/LCD stuff when it detects a "Fanatec Clubsport Wheel." Perhaps a controller.ini option or auto-disabling it if your steer left/right buttons are mapped to another controller (like in my case, the Simucube).

I will try disabling FFB from Fanatec Windows control panel if the option exists. Good idea :)

I haven't tried setting "Fixed Rate Inputs" to 0 as it seems like a fairly important feature which shouldn't be disabled but I'll disable it for the sake of testing.

I'll be home from work soon. Will post results in less than 1 hour.

7. Spin

Spin Active Member

Update to my previous post just above.

Fixed Rate Inputs = 0 does not fix/change the issue

- I cannot lower/disable FFB from Fanatec Windows control panel because only option is to lower rotation, combined pedals, and map sequential to paddles is available.

Domagoj, I think you're right about the issue rooting to AMS FFB rather than LCD because setting FFB to "off" in AMS controls section fixes the problem (but then I have no FFB of course). I think what's happening is AMS is detecting "FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base" and therefore thinking I'm using that as my wheel (even though it's not mapped to steer left/right) therefore AMS tries to do it's Fanatec FFB/SDK things and that causes the freezing. If I can somehow tell AMS that "FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base" is not my steering wheel and to ignore it with regards to FFB stuff then I think the problem will be resolved.

UPDATE: ISSUE RESOLVED
    I tried the oldest Fanatec Clubsport Wheel driver I could find which is on the ClubSport v2.0 page and is v289. Issue resolved! The only strange part was the Fanatec buttons were not responding in-game but then I clicked the refresh button in the controls section and the buttons suddenly were recognized and mappable.

I tried driver v328 and v336 but there freezing issue returns.

I will continue using this old driver and report back if there are any issues again. Maybe it has to do with the new Fanatec SDK. Maybe as long as either the driver or AMS is using the old software then AMS can't do it's thing and therefore the issue is avoided.

New AMS build (w/ new SDK) + old Fanatec driver or old AMS build (w/ old SDK) + new Fanatec driver resolves the issue.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. susuwatari

susuwatari New Member

Track & Layout Used: Oulton Park Classic
    Car Used: Puma P052, Opala & ARC Camaro (Presumably happens with all cars)
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: You can drive through the initial parts of the wall in front of the pit lane. It is somehow not collidable from outside, but collidable from inside. Here is a video:

Steps to reproduce: In Oulton Park Classic, just drive towards the wall in front of the pit lane from the grid. Specifically towards the initial parts of the wall... (I didn't test it on the other layouts of the track).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: VIR Full
    Car Used: Boxer Cup
    Applicable Settings: 30m race, AI 105%
    Report: The Boxers roll and flip in Sector 1 and entering the Snake.
    Steps to reproduce: This behaviour started a few months ago. Various updates since then have not rectified the error.

10. Turco

Turco Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Anyone
    Car Used: Anyone
    Applicable Settings: Anyone
    Report: CTD after the load screen when fanatec V1 turned on. Loads ok, when fanatec V1 turned off.

Every time I load the track and cars to get into the driving, I get a CTD.
    but, and here's where things get weird, ONLY WHEN MY WHEEL IS TURNED ON.

If I enter the sim, load the track and car of my choice, but with the STEERING WHEEL TURNED OFF, the sim loads just fine. But of course I can't play because even after I turned on the wheel, the sim won't recognize it.

11. Marc Collins

Make sure everything is Steam verified and maybe try a new user profile. I have been helping to test the Fanatec stuff and also have a CSW v1. All is working well in the latest release/beta build I can assure you, so the glitch is local. It may be likely that any wheel would cause the problem you are experiencing.

12. Turco

tried a fresh install. tried the beta, nothing. didn't change anything on my wheel and the device works fine with any other sim: AC, iRacing, ACC, Dirt Rally 1 and 2, rFactor 2, pCARS 2 and RRE.

13. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

@Turco, can you attach a trace file here? Also, have you tried moving your wheel to another USB port?

One last thing: If you go to track (wheel off), turn it on, and then click the refresh button on Control Settings, doesn't it get recognised?

14. Turco

how do I attach a trace file?

15. Turco

if I do that, the moment I the click the icon to go to the track, the sim crashes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

To generate the trace.txt, you need to right click Automobilista on Steam > Properties > [General Tab] Set Launch Options > write "trace=2", and run the game. The file will be inside UserData (can be in My Documents or AMS root folder) > LOG. Upload it here with the "Upload a File" button below the reply textbox.

17. Alex Couri

Alex Couri Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai drift
    Car Used: Drift pickup truck
    Applicable Settings: Just drive in Drift series
    Report:
    DRIFT series CTD after the first lap of points validation, following the attached trace.txt log file.

I know the focus is on AMS 2 but it's very frustrating to know that we can't use this series on AMS 1, leaving the game incomplete. Hope you find a solution, thanks Alex.

Attached Files:

18. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Member

Track & Layout Used: Snetterton 300
    Car Used: 1974 Porsche 911 RSR
    Applicable Settings: Rolling start behind safety car
    Report: At the end of formation lap the safety car enters pit lane, lights go green and we start racing. Safety car then exits the pits at full pace, racing us for the first lap. Seems after that one lap, it returns to pits and disappears to where it should be parked.

We had 2 races here, both races this was repeated in the same way.

[I can make a little clip of this happening if necessary, but I'm fairly certain it's easily reproducible....let me know if a video clip is needed though]

This happened online, in a league event, by the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Adelaide
    Car Used: Caterham 620r
    Applicable Settings: 100% Ai, Low aggression, realistic settings, fast rolling, 19 AI + me
    Report: AI crashing and smashing into each other on rolling start
    Steps to reproduce: Do a race with rolling start

Report: AI crashing and smashing into each other at the chicane with standing start
    Steps to reproduce: Do a race with standing start

Report: AI crashing and smashing into player rear
    Steps to reproduce: Do a race with standing start

Report: AI not respecting my race line when I am slightly ahead and doing the chicane
    Steps to reproduce: AI not braking, giving space, putting player into danger, ramming

Report: AI not respecting my race line when I am doing 200km/h into the long section with the dangerous wall
    Steps to reproduce: AI not braking, giving space, putting player into danger, ramming

Report: AI not respecting AI race line at corner before straight section so AI crash into wall
    Steps to reproduce: Can't reproduce.

Report: Player seems not to have slipstream
    Steps to reproduce: Can't slipstream AI car.

Report: When low fuel game always enable pitcrew
    Steps to reproduce: I don't know. I tried everything.

Report:Adelaide afternoon/midday way too hot
    Steps to reproduce: Water starts boiling

I think I am going crazy. I am really really really hoping Reiza forming a legacy team that fixes the AI, bugs and some other stuff, like rolling start/standing start, etc. It's far from finished.

20. Marc Collins

What is most helpful in these situations is to try to isolate car versus track or whether the problem only happens with a unique combination. So, is it only the 620R that does this at Adelaide? Other cars, too? 620R has problems at many tracks?

• Like Like x 1