1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmer has our back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msportdan, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

hmm gfx rubbish.?! I think its still looks good, and especially in replays the way the cars suspension reacts to bumps etc looks the most authentic out there!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Apolo27

Apolo27 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I think it's because of ignorance, not having the typical spa / monza gt3 combos .. The graphics maybe, although I personally think that ams1 looks beautiful, a clear and clean image ..
    I know, I'm ams1 lover xDD

• Like Like x 2
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you clarify which combo's (version?) these should be?

4. Apolo27

Apolo27 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Do not be offended please, if you play online at AC, ACC, PC2, Raceroom the most used combo is monza / spa gt3 .. Ams does not have that combo and that's why he said it could be a reason .. Personally I hate that combo .. It is my opinion not an absolute truth

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am racing with 4-5 clubs in PCARS2 and very rarely do any of those "popular" combos, we usually prefer other tracks and other car classes, so that's not a factor at all for us. But AMS1, we never seriously considered racing with. With AMS2, if it turns out to be as good as we suspect it will be, I am sure a lot of clubs will start using it very quickly...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah man. I just re-discovered AMS after 2 years. It's probably the best sim I've ever played. Only the AI at the first few corners is one ram-fest. But they are on par with rFactor 2 and RR when it's all about racing. At last AMS AI isn't tail-brake light dancing in front me, lol.

Only whishes for AMS to copy Le Mans, Sebring and Nord from S397, cause Reiza gave them already a pack.

7. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty sure Reiza didn't "give" S397 any packs. These are branded as Reiza packs so presumably Reiza gets income from the sale of these packs with S397 no doubt taking a cut. The benefits to Reiza were presumably the rather larger user-base for rF2 than AMS giving potential for more sales, plus experience of the rF2 engine as part of the evaluation process for choosing an engine for AMS2.

It is an interesting question as to whether S397 could produce DLC for AMS2. My guess is they wouldn't want the hastle of learning a new engine unless they saw the Madness engine as a possible replacement for the current ISI engine.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. jacksons490

jacksons490 New Member

Yeah, he could ride much better I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is correct. It looks like even the community could put together some crowdfunding, hire artists and physics dudes, license the content and sell it in rF2. It's a pretty cool business model imo but would work better if the base wasnt so broken and full of bugs

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When AMS2 drops, if you can find a league running either of those 2 cars, please hit me up. Boxer is just awesome, and the Brazillian Stock car is equally as fun and has the P2P to add a bit of flavour.

11. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

Who tf is Jimmer, and please define Achronyms

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

Im wondering why I am using Automobilista with such poor graphics (cosntant shimmering, while other sims do not). Is it a no brainer to upgrade to Automobilista 2 ? and avoid Steam ? Im not imterested in the steam platform, it seems to be a problem in the long run. I like AM1 so far, but the graphics continue to degrade for som ereason. I like the Asetto Corsa much better.

Regards to all

13. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That shimmering could be the broken anti-aliasing. Right at the end of AMS1's development, either Microsoft or Nvidia broke AMS1's AA and never fixed it. The solution is to use Nvidia Profile Inspector, go to Antialiasing Compatibility and choose Diablo III's setting (0x004412C1). I hope this helps you.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

Well actually it was settings in the Initial Setup dialog which I had totally forgotten about. They were changed somehow ?? I changed them to "Disable" sweet FX and AA 8x, no advanced settings. Works MUCH better !

Now if can figure out how to assign control buttons, this is really frustrating. I have done for many months now, but the Controls setup acts strangley. WOnt let me assign buttons except one, that the system chooses somehow, and i cant ESC from the AAssign dialog. I can mange one button assignement at a time ti appears then Export, and IMPort when the Space bar is the only way to exit the menu. grrrr. What is happeneing ? And why does the controls menu setup not have a search in it ? and when I push an assigned button, there is no response ? This cant be the design ... what am i doing wrong ? Too many devices/Controllers ? I have 4.

15. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

I found a button box toggle switch was in the ON position so that all button assignements wanted to be assigned to that... 1 down... why is it that you cant keep an assigned button when you select it... at best you can clear it ! with ESC (am i missing something) ?
    Most important is there some method to looking up assigned buttons or search text in the assigned list ? this cant be the actual design where you cant see where you assigned a button or find the thing you want to assign a button to ? just scroll and search with your eyeyballs ??? i must be missing something please help. if it is the same in AMS2 im OUT ! thanks. Cuz I really enjoy the sim.

16. Tuvalu

Tuvalu New Member

what research im not on facebook neither am i sherlock holmes;) Weird thing the chat didn't even notice what he said or don't know the game at all.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

First do your research and then perhaps post this kind of video's or not, but never just out of the blue.