1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza October 2019 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 1, 2019.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim New Member AMS2 Club Member

Depends on the car, I would guess. I can't claim to have a lot of experience, but I did drive a Skip Barber in the wet at Lime Rock before it was repaved in 2008. I could hear the difference between being on the racing line (which was smooth with less grip in the wet as the water sat on the surface) or being off the racing line (where the aggregate was more spaced and the water was pushed into all the little spaces when you went over it, giving more grip). Obviously the big learning experience is how much you slide around, but a big secondary input may well be the sounds from the tires, or even how much spray you see coming off them on different parts of the track.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos New Member

Yeah, tires sounds can't be "fake", that's in Need for Speed, we need real tire sound feedback, it helps more than one can imagine when you're racing SERIOUSLY! It helps you to know what's happening or what you're doing with the car...

3. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The racing experience against AI is the most important aspect to me and I have every faith that it will be worth waiting for, so the graphics are never a big priority for me, but watching that Caterham video - Wow. The graphics are looking really impressive.
    :D :hurrayreiza: :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, street tires howl at the limit. Track focused street legal tires less so, slicks even less.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I still think the karting video looked brilliant. I'll doubt I'll be able to race it though. I have no idea why, but I can race ANYTHING else in VR - but karts? I get super sick in a matter of minutes. I don't know what it is. Hopefully Reiza will snap me out of this funk. Ps, please do a Gillard-like liveried kart, I've always raced Gillards. Their paint schemes are awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I've noticed the same in VR when I have tried karting games. I'm ok with any other racing (as long as I switch on the static horizon option), but I think it's down to the very rapid direction changes of karts.
    But the AMS2 karting looks fantastic so I will not be able to resist.
    I'll have to grit my teeth and get used to it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Aaron Green

Maybe for the karts at least we need to wind down the head movement amount? That's the common reason throughout VR that you get motion sickness, what your eyes is telling your brain doesn't tally up with your balance/motion detection in your ears. Hence why your body then tells you that you must go lie down, you may have been poisoned!

8. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have noticed how less static references you have in VR (like dashboard of a touring car) much more sickness you have. Maybe this is why... in a kart you have almost nothing static of your car in front of you.

9. Aaron Green

I've just finished watching Jimmy Broadbent driving a motorbike through the IOM Circuit. Every racing title has the Nordschleife, it would be awesome if you guys did the IOM :) I know - its highly, highly unlikely but it's a beast of a circuit and it looks amazing.