1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Early Backing Campaign

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing wrong with having ALSO a few GT3s if possible I think!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Yeah indeed. But I like to see non GT3 more as there are enough GT3 cars in other games.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Agree that there are, but they won't be as good to drive as the ones in AMS 2 :)

And remember the strength of AMS (1 and 2) is that you can drive a great rendition of literally anything in the world of motor sports from a rental go-kart all the way up to the very latest F1 car. Adding in one of the most popular series that was one of the only things missing from AMS 1 better not be seen as a negative or we should give our collective heads a few knocks! No one forces you to race them once you own the sim. They can sit unused just like the drift cars do in my AMS if you don't like them or have had your fill of them elsewhere ;)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

I´d love not having to switch games to play other classes because the sims are so different you end up not getting used to all the nuances. FFB, Sounds Etc...
    Not saying its my favorite class, but it does increases sales.
    My favorite cars in AC are the C6 Road Corvette & Alpha Romeo 4C.
    In AMS my favorites are the Road Camaro & The classic Pumas.
    Wish AMS2 has more Road Cars but understand the focus is on Race Series.
    Maybe they could add a Corvette Safe Car and a Fictional IndyCar with at least one oval. It would be a great idea for a DLC maybe.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Okay fair enough but if there is only a car or two from GT3 it's going to be pretty lame :rolleyes: Sure they may drive great but if i have a full grid of Merc GT3 it will be boring before it even starts.
    I'm totally over GT3 Monza or maybe GT3 Spa! Even though ACC has a couple of other tracks the MP lobbies are those two tracks over and over with the odd Zandvoort or Zolder :mad:
    Give me just about any other car and I'm stoked especially something with heaps of power and skinny tyres or even some old crossplys! Yummmmmyy, even some of the classic Reiza Stadium trucks :D

6. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I would love to see the ChampCar Endurance Series. No vehicle with an insurance value over $500 is allowed. The cars must run essentially stock; no race tires, etc. allowed. The main modifications are the mandatory safety ones. This is a true test of how well a street car is manufactured. Miatas are highly competitive.

The series license would be dirt cheap, and Reiza could just use fake names for the cars, like they often did in AMS1

[​IMG]

ChampCar Endurance Series

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Vitor Arbex

That would be really nice, I like that style of series a lot.
    That reminds me something I really like in RaceRoom that other sims lack. True multi category racing at the same grid, with full grid ranking and per class results as well at the end of the race.
    That would be a very welcome addition to AMS 2.

8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I rather would see AMS 2 with lower classed or special cars, like Karts, Caterhams, F-Trucks. GT3 etc are overused. We've rFactor 2, AC, ACC and RR for those classes.

Formula cars are great too, but my rig is GT-seat style. It's weird to race Formula cars when the feet aren't on eye-level.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really dont understand the "we already have this class in another game" opinion. It is not about the friend's comment above, I have seen this in another topics and forums. I mean, yeah... ofcourse there is some sense in a comercial strategy looking from a studio point of view but, looking like a player, I don't get the point. The reason is simple, other games are not AMS2. There are so many differences! But I think it is enough to say the physics is not the same. I don't like GT3, for example, but I can completely understand someone that like and want GT3 in AMS2 even existing ACC in the market, from a player point of view makes sense if he likes Reiza's work. I don't like the idea to change the sim I am playing every time I want to play a different class. Yes... Reiza cannot put everything we want in AMS2... but this is a problem we must let they deal with. ;)

Hope no one take this like something ofensive, just my 2 cents here. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3 is special in this regard because its in every sim. Not 2 or 3, all sims :confused: hence the opinion. Im ok with gt3 if its gonna be a part of some lesser known series like br endurance in this case- kinda more than gt3 for gt3's sake.

Super trucks is all that matter anyway :D:p

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me it doesn't matter what's in "every other game". I would like to drive GT3 in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here. I want to see GTE, lmp2 and lmp3 cars. I appreciate the unique content that AMS delivered but I need more main stream content for this title to draw me in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There is one good way to archieve that, in my opinion: Buy the game and content for it. More licensing money, more reputation on the market and so on...

I play AMS exactly for this non-mainstream approach, but i have to admit, the game feels so good for me, that i most likely want to see all the mainstreamy things for it, just because i like the feel of the underlying simulation itself.^^ But also, i'm pretty satisfied with the Formula content in it, even if it is made this way like in AMS tbh., it is my favourite F1 driving game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Vitor Arbex

I agree, all the open Wheeler in AMS1 are great, the simulation is great, and Real Feel FFB is amazing.
    I used to think we had to have one sim to rule them all, but after trying iRacing for a while, and playing AC, RRRE and Dirty Rally, I noticed all sims have their strengths and weakness.
    I just think Reiza should focus on getting the same felling of great simulation, awesome RealFeel FFB and Great sounds we have on most of the AMS1 content, be it the open wheelers, the Stock car, unique tracks, and it will already have a place in my library.
    Its amazing how for example the GT3 mod in AMS1 with RealFeel enabled have a better FFB than base GT3 content on some other sims.

15. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

A question about the Early Backing Campaign: is its deadline also delayed to March 2020?

Thank you!

16. Rich Miles

Rich Miles New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, I bought the backer edition but haven't received any e-mails yet. I was hoping to gift AMS 1 + DLC to a family member.

Any idea how long it takes to get the keys?

Thanks.

17. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I received it instantly so unless its in spam or on other mail, try support

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rich Miles

Rich Miles New Member AMS2 Club Member

Lol, it was in my spam.... What an idiot. Cheers mate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Mate Egri

Mate Egri New Member AMS2 Club Member

I was a level 5 Indiegogo backer and I've chosen AMS2 + all DLC back in the day. Now I connected my steam account (which already has AMS1, even from non-steam days - Stock Car Extreme from the website directly, with all DLC) and I got an email with AMS1 + DLC keys, plus an AMS2 key. I'm just curious do I still get the AMS2 season pass too?

20. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The AMS2 key you recieved will cover you for both the base game and Season Pass when they are available.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.