1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slightly Mad Studios acquired by Codemasters

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VirtuaIceMan, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Mad Al

Mad Al Member AMS2 Club Member

and some licenses even have a time limit... nothing like buying an old game and finding some content is "missing"..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

What they could do, and have indeed done is introduce us to a bunch of major car and track licensors - it’s up to us now to make the numbers work and develop a relationship with these companies. Some licenses are already in the bag, some are in progress and some will depend on how the game performs financially after release to become reality.

• Like Like x 14
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

It will sell well, giving a look around AMS2 is the big game people was looking for, there are some concerns due to PC2 bad reputation but who loved it and who loves your work (and knows will perform different from PC2) will take care of spreading the love for AMS2 :D

Now...talking of licenses...you should aim for Panoz cars too, quite esotic cars and fitting the AMS2 mood, specially if you are looking for a GT4 car to fight the Ginetta one ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Take all the Uk/Irish track licenses from them. You've a insta-hit. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MrGold

MrGold Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you will have an input in next F1 game. I mean, if codies has a braincell it wpuld be logical tp gt the company that makes the best Formula cars in sim racing helping them out.

6. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah but then the 12 year olds won't be able to drive them. It's a mass market game f1 and always will be.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

yeah. Get in, drive and feel like a F1-Champion. This is the mega seller.
    CM sells dreams to millions, not hardcore tech for thousands.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MrGold

MrGold Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What are you on about? I find reiza formula cars easier to drive as they have actual aero forces modelled and that makes braking much easier. Also, if those 12 year old's are fast in F1 games, chances are they will be fast in AMS. Lots of overlap in both titles.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It goes even further in my opinion...titles with a less deep physics model are a perfect foundation, to create a good racer and lapper in my opinion. You can focus more on essential things first, before caring more about setup, target times (even F1 has this feature, pretty well done) and own strategy, without assisting and pushing limits violently and so on...it takes you by the hand more and leads to some awesome results (i experienced similar things with a Codemasters game, too...DTM/TOCA Racedriver 2) :)

F1 is a game for the mass market, but not shallow anymore, by any means!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jacksons490

jacksons490 New Member

Sometimes it was happening with me as well, during testing bulk sms service. When mobile provider sent us some messages via it's bulk sms program, we understood that sms group message can help any company to grow up, if only you would know how to handle with technical issues, and maybe if you will know where to get some great psychological tricks as well.

11. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It will sell well.But if they fall short it's gonna get crazy.Look what happend with ACC 1.0 after all that time in EA wasn't until a month ago game feels great now.But that burned alot of people man.
    AMS2 is high on people's list i'm treading very very carefully,Even though i backed them was because of AMS1,Few alarm bell's started pinging when i jumped in pcar's 2 the other day after watching a few of Ams2 video's.But we'll see when game fullyed released next year

12. Attila Olas

Attila Olas New Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here lot of alarm bells: no mod support, engine is from SMS now Codemaster both companies i hate, no or only few laser scanned tracks (not so a big deal), i hope this will go well, but this time no backing from me. Sorry

Still love AMS and will stay with REIZA maybe backing AMS3 then :)

13. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's fine if you hate the companies, but the Madness engine itself, it has such huge (unfulfilled so far unfortunately) potential... instead of being worried, I think it's better to just hope that the Reiza guys will just make it justice!

15. ermo

ermo Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel I need to qualify this:

"I believe Reiza will eventually do the MADNESS engine justice and showcase what it is capable of when properly fettled and polished."

FWIW, I have no illusions that this will be done in time for the AMS2 1.0 official release -- but in 6-9 months after release, I expect AMS2 to be in decent shape.

AMS2 probably won't reach full-on-awesome state before some point 12-18 months after release I think. I encourage people to adjust their expectations accordingly.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that I understand that Reiza are working flat out to hit the March 2020 deadline. The above isn't meant to disparage that effort; I know from personal experience that cutting a 1.0 release involves limiting scope and producing a deliverable/code artifact which contains known issues. Some of these known issues will already have been addressed in the next or next+1 branch of the code and other features/bugs are simply deferred for future milestones because they are considered to be of lower priority. This process happens in all kinds of product development. =)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1