1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Performance Expectations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Holi, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Smiggie

Smiggie Member

I'm already a backer of AMS, and I'm thinking to became backer also for AMS2.

Do you think an Asus Strix 1070 OC and a 3570k @4.2 could be enough to run AMS2 at 110-120fps at 1080p? How many fps do you have in PC2?

2. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

You mean on a single 1080p monitor, not in VR? I don't know to be honest, i've never played PC2 on my monitor. But i think with the right graphics settings (a mix of high and max) it should be possible to get at least stable 80 to 100 fps in 1080p, maybe more.

But there is a demo of PC2 you can download for free on Steam, so you can test it yourself. And ignore the replay performance because that is always a bit worse than gameplay performance.

3. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I used to play PCARS2 in a GTX960 and it was fine in 1080p, maybe not 100+ fps, but very stable over 60 at the very least, just had to lower some settings (still looked great of course). I assume AMS2 will be also lighter than PCARS2 on GPU load, so with a 1070 I am sure you will be fine. Not to mention that you will be able to run triples as well if you want :)

4. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why should it be lighter, as far as the videos show, Reiza is also going with some bells and whistles in graphics. And I really hope for a good looking up to date game.
    You can always turn down graphics but never up if the game has nothing to show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not my words, but form the September Development update "combined with the fact our assets are generally lighter on resources". Anyway, let's wait for the game release, only then we will know for sure. I hope you are right!