Give AMS AI a little help...

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Silvano, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all
    After numerous hours of testing (many tracks mod and originals, cars model mod and original Reiza) i realize some of the commands in AIW files dont work anymore (wp_event, wp_test speed, wp_cheat) i even took them out of AIW but AMS did as nothing happen.
    For some reasons Reiza did change the speed commands, my guess is that they are inserted in the program core.
    Without those commands, there is no way to make a app to edit different values of importance.
    so the way it looks now, the project has been abandoned.
    Sorry guys :(

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well thank you for letting the community know, at least you tried!

3. Silvano

If i find a workaround (but i doubt it) i'll let you know.
    Anyway thanks you all for your support.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Hector

Hector New Member

A Shame Silvano i'll wait this for RR3 to improve the worst AI in the market. Good luck.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried since the December update? I did a clean install, the AI are magnificent to race against now. Before they were like suicide bombers but not now.

6. Silvano

your talking about R3E ? i dindt try the last update.

7. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did they stop braking 50m before the normal braking point? If they did, I will give them a try as well :)

8. Jetsun

Jetsun Member AMS2 Club Member

Still some tweaking going on here and there, but in general AI is really great to race against.

From sector3 forum about latest update:

Global AI behavioral improvements, with car specific tweaks using a self-learning algorithm.

And

I got an entirely new system for tuning AI behaviour with a lot more control.(...)
    What we can do now is control how quickly the AI attempt to take various corner types, how hard to brake and how much harder they need to brake when following another car to avoid rear-ending. All this means that AI brake performance matches yours, they are better in the tighter turns, won't drive away from you through fast sweepers and are generally better to race against.

May be one day some devs will try to train an AI neural algorithm from gathering massive amount of online real racers data, who knows what can come out from that.

• Like Like x 2