Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ok thanks gonna give it a try.

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola 2018
    Car Used: Caterham 620r
    Applicable Settings: 100% Ai, Low aggression, realistic settings, fast rolling, 19 AI + me
    Report: All cars included me out of fuel. 1.54-1.55 mins per round
    Steps to reproduce: Do a 30 min race with settings above. Gonna drive 16/17 laps, then it wants another lap, so with only 36 liters you'll run out of fuel.

Track & Layout Used: Imola 2018
    Applicable Settings: 100% Ai, Low aggression, realistic settings, fast rolling, 19 AI + me
    Report: Huge crash-fest in the first corner. (restarted till my finger hurted)
    Steps to reproduce: Just drive.

It was intended to do the Trophy Collector and the No assist-achievement, but I am one the fence to either just let the achievements for what they are, or just SAM them. Then having fun with in AMS till AMS 2 releases.

As said again I would love a legacy-team (small team or so) which tries to solve bugs in AMS.
    I am still happy with AMS; I love the cars, the not well known tracks and the FFB which is for me the best in all sim race games to date, but there are here and there some game-breaking / annoying / realism-interfering bugs

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Silvano

I think we allready are a small team who want to help each others.
    On you prob, is it the "out of fuel" or the "first corner crashfest" you want to fix ?
    there is way to fix the fuel but not the "crashfest" (maybe a "autocalibrate AI" could help to fix this corner), i will try and make a new upgrade file, then you just have to take that file and throw it in the car folder, but notice that now all 620R will have more fuel as i cant do it track per track unless there is a AIW file and the one from Imola 2018 is hidden.
    A bit patience is asked as i have lot of work in this period.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Marius H

@Silvano Well. The most worrysome is that when using a 30 min race at Imola 2018 with only 36 liters (max) you will run out of fuel. Perhaps remove Imola 2018 from the default Caterham 620r championship is an option. Upping the 36 liter-tank to 40 liter or so will probably break the physics.

I also could run Imola 2018 set with using fuel 'none', but that's cheating and not realistic at all. Anyway. I finished the 2 30 min races I had yesterday. Just 4th and 1st place. By running out of fuel and everyone DNF included me. Not too bad, but it's interfering with the realism and such. Now Hockenheim is on the schedule.

I think there's some work to do with fine-tuning cars, fuel and tracks in the default championships. Perhaps even add a warning in the menu that the track doesn't suit the lap/time count and the max fuel amount of said car.

I love my AMS, but some stuff are annoying. :D

5. Silvano

I dont think adding 10L of fuel would do a real change in physics (puting 10kg less weight would do the trick without affecting on physics) but the other way is to change a value in engine.ini so the car consume less fuel anf therefore could finish the race.
    In both way the change in physics is minimal and the "add warning" is possible too using the "ImolaMini.tga" or in the gbd file (Track Record = Warning! non suitable for 620R)
    Just let me know.

Here a exemple for a warning add:

Attached Files:

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, there are inevitably these issues when you have so many car and track combinations and permutations. The real answer is a more sophisticated championship editor. While we wait for AMS 2 to deliver this (not necessarily at launch), a great app for rF2 does work with AMS:

[REL] - rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Check it out. Unfortunately, I don' think it supports fuel overrides, but that would be a necessary option for any updates or official inclusion in a title to resolve the issue you point out above. There will be many more combinations of cars and tracks presenting problems when you take into account max fuel load, length/time of race, pit stops or not, lack of perfect calibration of fuel use between AI and human, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Silvano

Marc comes out with a more sophisticated answer and he is right with this ---->

I didnt know about this rf2 app, could be interesting.
    My answer is of another genre: "Make the Sim to suit You" is what i have allways tried to do with AMS and other friendly plattform, the realism you get is virtualy tailored on you.
    But that mean making changes that could also affect physics, so if what you want is to keep physics intact, then Marc's advice is the one to follow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marius H

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheim (Testday)
    Applicable Settings: 100% Ai, Low aggression, realistic settings, 19 AI + me
    Report: Car stuck on the long corner. There's a yellow gate or so and car stuck there. Didn't go to garage for an entire hour. Poor guy
    Steps to reproduce: Don't know how to. Just AI going crazy

9. Bruno Mendes

Bruno Mendes Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Salvador (Time Trial)
    Car Used: Stock car v8
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Turn 2 can be made using the wall without any penalty
    Steps to reproduce: Let the car hit the wall while you keep making the turn

Can you remove my name from the top position in the leaderboard?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Marc Collins

You mean your car does not experience damage only at this turn, or is damage off altogether? If damage is off, then using walls on street circuits is a fair method to increase lap times...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marius H

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheim (Testday)
    Applicable Settings: 100% Ai, Low aggression, realistic settings, 19 AI + me
    Report: Out of fuel after 18 laps. Actually I am doing 16 laps, but then one lap to go and then the last lap. So we all run out of fuel, because it wants 2 laps after the 30 mins instead of just 1. Same as Imola. Otherwise Imola and Hockenheim can be finished by AI and me.

12. Bruno Mendes

Damage was off... but I don’t think it’s fair ... player should get the lap time invalidated using the walls that way... a light touch is okay but that is just ridiculous...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Some would say playing with damage off is equally ridiculous. What is Reiza supposed to do? Reprogram every track asset so that people who "cheat" by playing with no damage get some disadvantage? I don't think that is a good use of limited resources when the same action gets appropriately punished when the "normal" damage on mode is used.

AMS is not a console game for "wall riders." The gain at that one corner is an anomaly that can be easily rectified by playing properly. Damage off is a practice technique at best. It's not intended to be used for official purposes or real races in anything that resembles a simulator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No but as he mentioned, he used it in time trial, so now is topping(?) the leaderboard (which is a kind of "official" competition) with this lap using this exploit. And if he did not use this, somebody else would anyway.

There are a couple ways to fix this, like making the system invalidate laps that include heavy contact, or making damage automatically always enabled in time trial mode.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. CaeLumen4178

CaeLumen4178 Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track the MIT Lancers can run on.
    Car Used: MIT Lancer R and Lancer RS
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: The Mitsubishi Logo on the front grill is about 14 pixels off center (pixel discrepancy estimated from the template .psd file provided). It is rendered in 3D similarly off center in showroom or on track for the R and RS.
    Steps to reproduce: Load up any track with MIT Lancer RS or R and view the car from the front. Can also see in the showroom.

Note the same discrepancy exists in the .psd files for the Lancer D, but the 3D model renders the Mitsubishi logo in the correct location in the showroom and on track, so I assume this is an issue with something on the 3D side for the R and RS.

I know we're up against the AMS2 Launch, so this is a low priority thing -- but I thought I'd at least mention it. Cheers mates. I love AMS and I'm so grateful for the chances I've had to sim race on tracks in South America that I'd never have had the chance otherwise without this game. :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  16. Marc Collins

Agreed. I am just saying the latter is a lot easier and should be seen as reasonable.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bruno Mendes

On point!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spin

Spin Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Salvador (but possibly others)
    Car Used: F301 (possibly others, AI: F301 & F309)
    Applicable Settings: Single Race mode (possibly others), Time Scale 3x
    Report: Time Scale in game settings (on the right side of car select screen) is set to 3x but the red "i" information icon once on track says Time Scale is "Normal." I don't know if this is just a glitch in the "i" information writing or if the session is truly running at only "Normal."
    Steps to reproduce: Choose F3 series. In the car-select screen, choose an F301, AI = 11x F301 & 10x F309, enable all 4 practice sessions + warmup, # of races = 1, time scale = 3x, track progression = none, track preset = Heavy, race length type = distance, race distance = 30 km, starting type = standing. Load the session then check the "i" info box and it'll say time scale = normal instead of 3x.

I agree with Marc. If you have damage disabled then the game's not going to monitor if you use disabled damage to your advantage to gain lap-time (like riding a wall or hitting curbs that would otherwise damage your suspension, wheels, etc. [when/if the physics engine ever models that]).

I guess when creating tracks, there may be a way to specify what a "wall" is and then the game can calculate when a car is wall-riding by sensing the distance the car has continual or almost continual contact with parts of the track designated "wall" but I'd say that's very low on the list of things to do...very low...because if you really want to race in an environment where drivers get penalized for crashing (wall-riding is crashing) then just enable damage and be done with it.

Now, if you do have damage enabled and you discover a scenario where the car does not suffer damage (or not enough) while wall-riding then the damage #s for that car or the core damage model itself would have to be looked at by Reiza but that's a different story.

Oh, wow! I didn't know damage could be disabled in time-trial mode. OK, I agree, that part definitely needs looking at. All aids, not just damage, should be hard-locked in time trial mode or at least make a system where A. the top x places can't use aids or B. the top x places will be written in red writing to show they used aids or C. add weight penalties for using aids (enough weight to make a decent difference, not something that will just add like 0.1s or 0.2s).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  19. Marc Collins

Agree, and hope the hard-lock (or equivalent) is the case for AMS 2.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spin

Spin Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Salvador (but I don't think it matters)
    Car Used: F301 (but I don't think it matters)
    Applicable Settings: Anisotropic Filtering
    Report: Anisotropic Filtering from in-game simply doesn't work. If set from the Nvidia control panel then it works but not from in-game.
    Steps to reproduce: Keep Nvidia control panel's Anisotropic Filtering on "Application-Controlled". Set AMS' in-game Anisotropic Filtering to 8x.

P.S. Not a big deal as it works from the Nvidia control panel just fine but thought I'd report it anyways.