1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza December 2019 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A minor question to sate my curiosity: will the ARC cars feature other silhouette shapes or will it be just the Camaros?

Thank you for the December Update. Very exciting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Glad to hear that you find them annoying!! It seems to me to be another example of overreach with SMS. The concept of adding the fog "clouds" among the rain is a nice one, but in real life would extremely rarely ever occur as we see it in the video. However, the general fog effect that obscured the track in the distance looks OK in the video.

So, yes, improve the basic fog cloud graphic effect so in the very rare occurrences it will look better. Do not over-use the effect to show off the eye candy (i.e., you see it almost every time it rains). Focus on the general fog, since it is a common event in some parts of the world.

The rain reflections are so different from one to the other that no one would imagine they were supposed to be simulating the same effect (were the settings the same?). The PC1 reflections look much better at first glance, but, they, too, may be overdone in quantity. Using the PC1 reflections, but ensuring they only show-up where appropriate might be the best option if hardware standards now allow the better-looking version to be used without ruining sim-level FPS.

3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is Bathurst laser scanned?

5. ilka

ilka Moderator

In short - not for now.

There's very different tech behind RDR clouds, to get similar looking clouds you have to rewrite the entire weather engine.
    Plus there goes the optimization issues. Peter Boese tried the volumetric cloud technology for Sol, and decided to stay away from that for now. Also notice that in RDR, iRacing, and other titles that use similar method now, they have to look quite low-res.
    With the Madness weather engine you can make them much higher res and detail, plus have all the available shading & backlight in good resolution too.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  6. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's great, a very exciting year lies ahead! And btw, lol "GROG LITE"! :)

7. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I want to make vintage badvertising liveries.

8. crimsonregency

crimsonregency Member AMS2 Club Member

Welp this developmental update was to good to not buy the game. I can't wait.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Quite honestly I'm fine with that, it will mean my current GPU can stay a while longer and I know you will deliver the goods. You have a passion and it shows.
    Just hurry up.... And take your time.... But don't take too long.... Is it finished yet.... I can wait.... Not :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ricardo Almeida

Ricardo Almeida New Member

First of all, I'm eager to put my hands on AMS2. I really am.

Regarding the liveries, why don't Reiza close deals with real world companies, in order to sell some liveries so we would have real world advertisement on the fictional series?
    I have seen it on other sim and it looks really nice! I'm sure that making little money on each livery is better than making no money at all. That may be a small source of money for Reiza, and a nice way to promote a company/product for the announcers.

I woudln't bother at all in racing on a grid full of cars with ads on each one of them. That would be just like real world... ;-)

Congratulations on the wonderful job you're doing. I can't be more excited to get AMS2.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I'm awaiting the arrival of my new PC. It's not really what one would call "future proof", but it exceeds the minimum requirements easily, and the GPU and RAM meet the recommended ones.

Ryzen 5 1400
    MSI AMD RX 580 4GB
    16GB DDR4
    480GB SSD
    1TB HDD

12. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you guys open to the idea of us submitting further fictional companies for car liveries?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was thinking Reiza have to pay some money to the companies to use their livery at the game. Wait, they will be payed to use it? Now I am a little bit curious about the livery thing...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ricardo Almeida

Ricardo Almeida New Member

Actually I have no idea how it works. I believe that many companies would pay some money to have their brands advertised in the game. Why not?
    Anyway, it is just an idea. Depending on the price, it could be an interesting ad for any company - even the small ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 88mphTim

88mphTim New Member AMS2 Club Member

I might be massively mis-understanding, but does this post indicate that AMS2 will be able to support modding?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

That's just a description of what the real series is like for the teams running it. Nothing more than that.

• Like Like x 3
  17. OldDarth

OldDarth Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking good!

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, thanks. :)

19. choi

choi New Member

love to read this news. looking for the day!