Port Forwarding?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Arjen (Moonshine Racing), Mar 31, 2016.

1. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

I seem to have figured it out. I loaded the full Steam application on the server and updated the game but I guess that wasn't enough. I just ran steamcmd and it picked up a small update and now my servers appear in game. Sharing in case this happens to anyone else sometime down the road. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The client filters out servers that don't match it's version. Most common reason I've found is if I update too wuickly while the process is still lingering in the background after close. In most cases running validate on the server will resolve it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. KOOL

KOOL New Member

[​IMG] Hello!
    Sorry but I don't understand everything.
    For the settings of my router, I have that
    How should I fill the boxes?
    Thank you.

4. Dave Stephenson

That looks correct to me @KOOL

Just need to have one like that for each port defined in the multiplayer.ini

5. KOOL

KOOL New Member

Yesss, but nobody can drive on my server. doesn't apear on lobby. And in Lan option.
    I'm worry. I have buy this game to play with friends with some mods.
    With game's mod it's the same problem.
    I have Win 10 I have open firewall for this game.
    Few years ago I play on rFactor without problem with same router and firewall.
    What is wrong???

6. Dave Stephenson

If you are using the dedicated server exe, ensure it has firewall rules set in windows for inbound connections. If you are hosting from in game then the game exe will need inbound rules. You will also need to ensure there are no other services/games running that are using the same ports at the same time. (steam ports are the most likely suspect here)

The lobby listing uses steam infrastructure so all users will ned to have steam running and also be on the same version of the game to see it in the listing. Do you see other servers listed?

You can test your port forwarding is set up correctly by asking a friend to connect directly using the IP and port number. On the server list click the button with the '+' icon at the top right of the list.

In the box that opens they should enter your public facing ipaddress followed by a colon and the query port number from Multiplayer.ini eg 123.456.789.0:34597
    If you server is working and accessible they will see it added to the list. If it is not then you should check the port forwarding again.

(The multiplayer.ini is located in My Documents/Automobilista/userdata/<profilename>/multiplayer.ini or may be at <install dir>/userdata/<profilename>/multiplayer.ini if you are running as admin)

7. KOOL

KOOL New Member

Thanks for wanting to help me.
    This is all too complicated for me with Steam.
    On rfactor it was simple, and windows too.
    I'm going to uninstall Automobilista, or install several PCs at home to play on LAN.

8. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Mate, AMS is the same game engine as rfactor. The server side is the almost identical from the setup to the UI, only adding 2 more ports for Steam. Open the ports below in your router + firewall and your multiplayer.ini is already set to match them.

34747 TCP
    34597 UDP
    34697 UDP
    8766 UDP
    27016 UDP

It also is a good idea to have a static IP on your server machine, just like we had to do for rfactor. ;)

9. KOOL

KOOL New Member

• Like Like x 1