T300RS Force Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by HerrStig, Jul 8, 2016.

1. HerrStig

HerrStig New Member

I'm having some trouble getting my Thrustmaster 300RS force feedback to work correctly in Automobilista. The wheel feels very loose as if there's no centering weight. There's also no rumbles for kerbs, bumps, etc. I do have some FFB resistance when it crank the wheel all the way left or right, but the wheel feels very "floaty". I'd like to get my wheel to have a much heavier feel to it. Any help would be appreciated!

My Wheel settings are as follows:
    Overall Strength of all forces: 75%
    Constant: 100%
    Periodic: 100%
    Spring: 100%
    Damper: 100%
    Auto-center:
    set to in-game

Automobilista Settings:
    Force Feedback: 100%

2. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

set these to 0

Spring: 100%
    Damper: 100%

3. HerrStig

HerrStig New Member

Thanks for the response Msportdan. I tried setting them to zero which helped with the curb and bump effects effects, but the wheel still has no weight/resistance to it.

4. Msportdan

on the ffb slider in game have you set it to +75% (right of the slider, not the left)

5. HerrStig

HerrStig New Member

I have the in-game slider for force feedback set to +100.

6. Msportdan

oh ok. seems odd, maybe a reinstall of your wheel drivers.

7. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

HerrStig, which cars are you experiencing the problem with? Some AMS cars have very light steering feel through my T300 with pretty much the same settings as yours, so much so that I've edited the MaxForceAtSteeringRack parameter in the RealFeelPlugin.ini to get some weight that I'm happier with.

8. HerrStig

HerrStig New Member

Thanks for the tip! I had only tried out the Formula V10 and the V8 Formula cars with the T300, but I'm having the issue with both. What do you have your MaxForceAtSteeringRack set to?

9. tpw

Basically the lower the MFASR setting, the firmer the steering becomes.

These settings firm the steering up for me, but they might be too much for you. And let me just state before the armchair warriors chime in, that yes decreasing this value may lead to clipping and some loss of detail.

[F_V10]
    MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1500.0

[Form_]
    MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2000.0

[F_Ext]
    MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2000.0

10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Keep in mind lowering those values will add a lot of clipping, so your FFB will peak a lot sooner than the car's actual peak steering force.

FYI, we have some FFB developments coming in the next update should both improve the feel for tire grip as well as introduce an option for those wishing to have a bigger FFB force even at lower loads.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tpw

You don't count as an armchair warrior, so many thanks for the input and news Renato :)

12. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yee the new beta update gives the wheel more weight, feels good

13. Allaeius

Allaeius Beginner AMS2 Club Member

Another T300RS user here. I'm very satisfied with the FFB on the latest version (stable build) of the game and I feel that there's enough weight on the steering wheel. I don't know if it's because of our muscle strength differences but I'm sure it's because of the new FFB Low Force Boost.

If you haven't tried yet the latest update, you should do. I keep all FFB settings at default configuration including the Low Force Boost. I'd love to see some custom config by a more experienced driver here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Restarting an old thread here.. I've had to sell my fanatec rig recently but literally only a few wise later I've realised that I HAVE to have some form of racing in my life. With the current build what is the wheel weight and ffb detail of a T300? Or should I just go for the cheaper G29 as the difference wouldn't really be all that much? My expectations are reasonable, since selling my fanatec setup I've been using a Xbox 360 Wireless Steering Wheel. From that anything will be an upgrade! I just want to know about the weight and detail, if anyone vac help.

15. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't comment on the G29, but I'm very happy with my T300RS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure what you exactly mean by ‘wheel and weight’, or do you mean ‘literally’? FFB is pretty heavy enough for me, while using 70-75 strength only.

I also haven’t tried a G29 yet, but if they’re similar to the gear-driven G27, I would avoid them if I had a choice. Came from a G27 few years ago (before my T300), and those clanky gears can be annoying. And if as you say, price is close to the T300, I’d go for the TM, FFB-wise. Warranty though can be an issue for some (like me, being remote from where you can send the unit, if there are issues). Though the replacement has lasted past 3 yrs now (crossing fingers). so the risk can be a factor, though many haven’t had issues too.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  17. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok thanks guys. I think I'll proceed down that path, just as long as road details and resistance is pretty decent. And yeah, the Logitech wheels are very clanky! But I remember what my G27 was like so it was less of a risk. Hopefully the T300 is a revelation.