1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wait for Auto 2 or buy Auto 1?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jeff Scharpf, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So many years ago I purchased Game Stock Car (2012??) and loved it. I don't care about all of the additional vehicles, I really just enjoyed the default season mode for the Brazilian Stock Car championships.
    I don't play online, and I don't care about everything looking perfect. I just want to enjoy a full race season with full races. I also don't use VR. I'm old. :)
    So.. should I just sit tight for a few months and wait for 2 to come out or buy 1?
    Any comparison of this to one of the other big names (PC2, ACC) in regards to offline season/championship mode?

2. Retrolux

Retrolux Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista is my favourite racing sim when I discovered it. Before I was racing a lot in Asseto Corsa. Its hard to explain but its even more pure racing that asseto corsa was for me. Presentation is simple but spot on to get a great feeling of actual motor sports. But the best part its the feeling for the handling of the cars, its absolutely stunning! It also has a lot of great Brazilian tracks that are an enjoyment to drive on with a lot of different racing disciplines that all feel good from handling. You have championships for each car type that is created from the devs. But you can even create your own. You can select the the rules for the championship, length etc. with practice, qualify and great offline AI racing. I guess you will be at home on AM1 since it its similar to GSC as it uses the same engine.

You can not go wrong getting AM1, especially for the price its offered. Since we all do not know if AM2 can step into the shoes of AM1. Hard challenge for Reiza to improve on it to satisfy the fans. ;) But if you have the time, you can just wait it out :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Jeff Scharpf , it depends on what you want to spend for AMS/AMS2.
    Why don't you join backing campaign. for 120 $ you're getting Steam keys for AMS 1 incl. all DLCs and you get access to AMS2 beta in February and AMS2 incl. DLCs, when it's being released.

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you were thinking of buying AMS why not buy it during the new year sale?

I'd wait for AMS2.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Since you don't care about AMS' best feature which is the stunning breadth of vehicles available, you should wait for AMS 2. It is only a few weeks away and should be a better overall experience for Stock Cars in every possible way.

The Backer campaign only makes sense if you also care a lot about the other vehicles and tracks in AMS 2. For Brazilian Stock Cars, just hold tight and then be prepared for a giant step-up from GSC!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jeff Scharpf

Thanks everyone for the replies! I did not know about the backing campaign. I did not see this on Steam.
    I did purchase Project Cars 2 on sale (only $15.00) but .. while it looks pretty, the career mode is .. well, nothing special, and the AI cars are really bad. They just line up and go in the same order, like a little train.. so I either finish first or last, because they are always together.. I must say I'm disappointed. Started a career.. it is basically 5 races of 15 minutes... the AI is rocket fast in qualifying then slows down to let you pass during a race ..There is no way to know what the race lengths in the future will be, I was hoping for some real hard core racing..
    Tried a few online races tonight.. meh... nothing special about that either. I am not really interested in online racing, but I figured I would give it a try, and it wasn't much for me.

With GSC2012 I know the AI was really good, and that 8 years ago!
    Anyway, after reading the responses, I'm even more perplexed lol. I would certainly wait for AMS 2, but that is a long way off it appears.. so .. maybe I will just buy AMS 1 .. or .. I don't know..
    Project cars used up almost 50G of my little hard drive. Too late to get a refund, but oh well, it was only $15.00 ;)..
    The backing campaign seems interesting, but then I am basically saying I will play AMS1 until AMS 2 comes out.. so not sure yet what to do lol..

Sorry for my long rant!

7. Marc Collins

You will love the AI in AMS. We are still nervous that AMS 2 AI will be as good, but if they are an improvement, then it will be heaven.

To be clear, you will only need the base AMS 2 to play the Brazilian Stock cars. If you want to sample all the content, then may as well do backer because that's how you get all the content cheapest and it has the bonus of a "free" AMS 1 with all its DLC to use in the meantime.

8. Jeff Scharpf

Well I could not wait so I bought Automobilista Ultimate Edition on sale on Steam lol.. I'm too darn impatient.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good man - you won't regret it!

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Jeff Scharpf

:)... so now I figure out which series I want to run and how long lol..

11. Marc Collins

Which you would have got for free had you become a Backer for AMS 2. If you had remained only interested in the Stock Cars, then buying AMS now (on sale) and then basic AMS 2 when it comes out would have been the smarter choice. If you're actually going to use the other cars and tracks, then AMS 2 Backer likely makes more sense. Either way, you will have fun.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

buy AMS while waiting for AMS 2 ... simple ..

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But it’s quite difficult not knowing what would come up in the future, as the list to-date is still in progress.