Automobilista EA bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henrique Alves

Henrique Alves New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal, Curitiba, Spielberg short, Foz, Tikky Tarmac
    Car Used: F309, Formula Vee, Lancer Evo Rallycross
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Closed qualy isn't working
    Steps to reproduce: set Closed MP Qualify Sessions="1" on multiplayer.ini. Not working

2. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Salvador
    Car Used: F301 & F309
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: F301 TVCAM and F309 Swingman cameras are wrong. Also, the F301 fuel tank is wrong. This car has 40l max, not 100l.
    Steps to reproduce: Just open it online and play it

F301:
    [​IMG]

F309:

[​IMG]

3. filipe.calado

filipe.calado New Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: Marcas and others
    Applicable Settings: Using DynHud
    Report: The name tags (drivers) isnĀ“t working
    Steps to reproduce: Just enter in a online session with anothers drivers

• Like Like x 1
  4. filipe.calado

filipe.calado New Member

Car Used: Marcas and others
    Applicable Settings: Using DynHud
    Report: I cannot change the map for the small one, that its possible to see all the track
    Steps to reproduce: Just enter in a online session with anothers drivers

5. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Track & Layout Used:Any
    Car Used: Formula Extreme
    Applicable Settings: Car with LCD wheel
    Report: LCD wheel lap counter never goes above double digits. When it reaches ten it only shows 1, for twnty it shows 2, etc.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive 10 laps.

6. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula Extreme
    Applicable Settings: none
    Report: Car engine sounds appear to create a prominent and distracting hiss that modulates in sync with the RPM of the engine. If you hold the clutch at speed as the engine drops in RPM so does the hiss meaning the sound is apparently not related to the road noise. I also notice miscellaneous clipping of engine sounds when sitting at the paddock with the replay camera while in the menu at the track.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't evident in the first version of AMS to launch, or I don't remember it. Seems to have appeared in this latest version.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive with volume turned up.

7. pj059

pj059 New Member

Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: Switching from a car category to another keeps the number of opponents from the previous one, even if the max value of the first one is higher than the max value of the newly selected series. For example, switching from StockCar with 20 opponents to RallyCross will still show the "number of opponents" for rallycross to 20, while the max value is 7 or 8 (just set down the value and try to set it up again, it won't be possible unless the new value is lower than the max number of opponent for this series)
    Steps to reproduce: Select a series with a lot of opponents and launch a race, then select a series with a small number of opponents.

8. pj059

pj059 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Goiania SuperTruck
    Car Used: All
    Report: the layout for Goiania SuperTruck in the track selection menu shows the full track layout instead of the short version. The layout shown during the track loading is correct though.
    Not a critical bug of course ;)
    Steps to reproduce: Select the Goainia SuperTruck layout in the track selection menu.

9. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Stock Car V8, Copa de Marcas
    Applicable Settings: AI - Medium
    Report: AI understeer off track (sometimes they head on into a wall) when the player car is passing them. Can visually see the tires on the AI at full lock as they understeer off the track. Does not happen every time I pass an AI car but it happens very often.
    Steps to reproduce: Just run a normal race. I have yet to try any other series so I'm not sure if all cars are affected.

10. Flizz

Flizz New Member

Car Used: Marcas - Honda Civic
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Just a small hint: Within the Marcas_Civic.MAS-file there's a GMT-file (Calipers) named "CVIC_LF_CAL_C.GMT". To me it seems, that the first 4 letters are wrong. Regarding the correct GenString this file should be named like this: "CIV_LF_CAL_C.GMT".
    Steps to reproduce:

11. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal
    Car Used: F3
    Applicable Settings: Race - 45 minutes
    Report:
    I have just held a Club Race with REVS SimRacing UK using the F3 around Montreal. I set the race to be 45 minutes. Once the time had ran out it let the 2nd place driver take the chequered flag which then put me who was in 4th at the time a lap down. I had just managed to get my lap back by passing the leader.

Here is the race result file.

Steps to reproduce: Do a timed race with F3 cars at Montreal.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
  12. Xzess

Xzess New Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai (maybe others)
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings: FFB Pure180, Full graphic stettings
    Report: In that track, when playing alone in a test day (worst with more cars) with something like 100 estable FPS, shutters a lot, big shutters, not micro, near 1 second sometimes. Lowering detail to the lowest is a solution to this shutter. The shutter deppends directly of where you are on the track. Other tracks don't do this, I tryed 4 o 5 different cars. I have not a bottleneck in memory load as I monitorize it, Whel lowering textures to low and memory of my card loads are like 20% shuttering occurs the same, no HDD activity also.
    Steps to reproduce: I don't know if happens to others, if it's only me... Windows 10 64 bit, 8gb ram GF 550ti 1gb.

13. Xzess

Xzess New Member

Track & Layout Used: empty
    Car Used: empty
    Applicable Settings: empty
    Steps to reproduce: Configuration utility, gives a memory error in windows 10 64 bit Pro on exit. Maybe it doesn't write some config file or something, but config utility appears to work, as config is apparently saved.
    Fixed executing with admin rights.

14. Xzess

Xzess New Member

Car Used: Mini, LancerX and others.
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Sound bug.
    Sound is glitchy in some cars. Pops and cracks occurs when sound engine trigguers samples, occurs in gearsifthing, and rev samples changing, also on track sounds and some curbs samples.
    This is cause bad offset of the samples, some cars are ok as formula retro, some just one sample, some a lot, didn't test them all. Your sound tecnician will know what i am saying.

Update:
    I did some research and i found sound samples are a mess. Some are in 44khz some are in 96khz, this pushes the soundcard DAC converter (or any soundengine bridge) to a very bad situation when it have to switch from 96khz to 44khz. In my sound system as it is a low latency one, maybe resampling outputs clicks and pops Anyways a offset regulation gives me perfect sound.

Advice:
    Resample all the samples to the same Khz at least, it's a must. Don't use 96khz, it's a waste of space and performance with no better quality, just need more power and quality is no better. For multimedia final output, the standart is 48khz, use this instead. Most soundcards use 48khz as default output because their multimedia nature. This will make PC's to use less power into audio proccesing, and much smoother sound. More khz is unnecesary, and it will have worst performance, it can be a cause of shuttering too, and low performance on some systems as windows audio process is overloaded.

Please tell me if these are going to be the final samples if so, I will remake them, and maybe release for the people with corrected offset and resampling.

Nice work on the whole game! continue.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Francois Caratti

Francois Caratti Member AMS2 Club Member

About DynHud

Car Used: Any
    Report:
    About DynHud, the "BetaTimesWidget" is based on the last lap made, what was not much interest.
    I am looking for a possiblility to base the Delta with the fastest lap done.
    Is would this be possible?

Steps to reproduce: Go to DynHud_editor.exe in the Plugins folder

16. Gladi8or

Gladi8or New Member AMS2 Club Member

Report:
    After the last update the framerate drops to 1-3 fps. With the autopilot ("i") everything is normal. Player controll causes low fps.
    Steps to reproduce:

17. paracletus

paracletus New Member AMS2 Club Member

Applicable Settings: Timescale (anything either than "none")
    Report: Quite severe stuttering when timescale is turned on.
    Steps to reproduce: Always

I appreciate this is something that was known in GSC -- this is just another report that this affects AMS too.
    Getting this with any graphical settings. My CPU is an i7 3770k.
    TS turned off - the graphics are perfectly smooth with very high frame rates.
    In any case, I miss nothing by turning this setting off. What does it actually do?

18. pj059

pj059 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Tykki Dirt 1
    Car Used: Lancer Rallycross
    Report: When skipping the formation lap, the chrono does not start and flags rules do not go into race mode but stay in formation lap mode (no green flag is shown). And when passing cars, a warning is shown like when we pass cars in formation lap. This seems to not affect the IA cars which race normally. This bug appears randomly, not very often on first try but almost always when restarting the race (when in race, press Esc and select restart race, than skip the formation lap with space).
    Steps to reproduce: Start a race on Tykki dirt 1 and skip the formation lap. If it does not appear on first try, restart the race (press Esc and select Restart race) and re-skip the formation lap.

19. Oli Halkinen

Oli Halkinen New Member

After steam file integrity check.
    Car Used: Camaro
    Applicable Settings: player detail: low, medium
    Report: windshieald bug on low and medium settings of "player detail"
    camarobug.jpg
    Car Used: f-extreme
    Applicable Settings: player detail: low, medium, high
    Report: driver hands not visible only on full player detail

Steam: file integrity check - rewriting graphic configuration (AMS Config.exe), it also download some next files even if I change no one. "Controller.ini" stay as it is (ok ofcourse), but change FFB skip update back to 0 is hard. Change file options to "read only" can help.

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Rear tire is passing the chassis in the Super V8 on some corners (soft suspention and roll bar), you can see here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.