1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza February 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

07.jpg
    So it´s finally there! AMS2 Beta has now been released to Backers as we enter the final month of development before Automobilista 2 is officially release on March 31st - we are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time :)

In this final stretch we can finally begin sharing a little more not only about what the plans are for release, but also going forward - let´s get to it.

Beta Available - Proceed with Caution!

So the first build of AMS2 Beta has been deployed - always a big satisfaction and relief to reach this milestone.

Although the gameplay, content and general functionality of the Beta builds should be pretty representative of what its release state will be like, the game is very evidently unfinished - there is a lot still to be a lot bolted on over the coming weeks.

With the imminent release of AMS2 Beta we´ve had a huge influx of new people through the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign over the past couple of weeks. While it´s great to see the interest in AMS2 - and the revenue boost this late in development is by no means unwelcome - we do want to stress that this is still an unfinished Game: there are bugs, compatibility issues with certain hardware, missing features and other such rough edges still to be ironed out. If you are looking for a seamless user experience we strongly recommend you hold out until March 31st when the game will be officially released.

Automobilista 2 FAQ

Theres been a lot of questions posed over AMS2 development and we are finally at a point we feel we can offer reliable answers - check our AMS2 FAQ here. More will be added in the coming days.

Cars & Tracks - what´s in so far

Looking to give a bit more insight into the game and what it will feature, we have started this All Cars & Tracks topic showing all the content featuring in the current build of the game.

Please observe that the artwork illustrates cars and tracks which are present in the game now - not what there will be on release and beyond. We will continue to update it as we progress through the next BETA builds and continue on from release onwards.

Development Roadmap - to release and Beyond!

As we´ve been regularly stressing in these dev updates, AMS2 is a long term project - the release next month will see development pick up even more pace as we enter and aggressive development plan that will see game updates along with new cars and tracks released in a monthly basis.

To give you all a glimpse of how things are going to pan out, here is what´s on store for the first 3 months following release:
    roadmap.jpg

Upon release we hope to be in position to expand our public roadmap to cover the initial 6 months - that´s when things get really interesting :)

We will continue to provide this foresight at least until the end of 2020 so users can have an idea about whats coming and when.- with the obvious caveat that roadmaps aren´t set in stone and things can always move around or change slightly.

Early Backing Campaign wrapping February 29th
    02.jpg
    As previously announced, the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will close tomorrow 23:59 GMT. You will still be able to buy the combo of AMS2 + AMS2 Beta + AMS2 Season Pass for US$ 119.99 through our forum store, but the discounts for old backers and other perks from the EBC will no longer be included.

Pricing for the base game on relase has been confirmed @ US$49.99, bumped vs previously suggested US$ 39.99 as considerable additional base game content has now been confirmed.

In order to keep it a bit more affordable for early buyers, we have decided to launch AMS2 with a 20% discount over the first week from release, so at least for a little while the pricing will be inside the original plan.

11.jpg

That´s all for this month - it´s been a thrilling (and exhausting!) ride to this point and we are happy to finally be able to share with you a little more about where we are going with AMS2 - exciting times ahead!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 31
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very good ! Cant wait june :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JERACERX

JERACERX Member AMS2 Club Member

>90's DTM
    That better mean Mustang

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. camryfun

camryfun New Member AMS2 Club Member

90's DTM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very interested in what will come with 90s DTM and the GT3/GT4 pack. Hopefully an announcement with endurance brasil soon?

• Like Like x 2
  6. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome, DTM and GT3/GT4. I wanna become a backer for the laserscan-Nords project :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Just so expectations can remain realistic, its worth noting we consider 2 cars of a same class to be a “pack” featuring that class. Its not an actual full DTM series from the 90s

Similar thing with GT3/GT4 pack, although featuring a little more than just 2 models each :)

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The start is very promising already, and the road ahead looks just great! Well done Reiza, I have faith you'll be able to meet our expectations. Keep up the good work! Thank you! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Haitham Abdelkader

Haitham Abdelkader New Member

i love every thing about Reiza, please dont forget laserscan-Nords please :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. oldseb

oldseb New Member

May/june looks attractive to me! ;)

11. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hoped to see super trucks slightly sooner :eek: good stuff anyway, cant wait for copa trucks

12. David Zirwes

David Zirwes New Member AMS2 Club Member

I´m in love with this little roadmap! Exactly, what i was hoping for!

In my dreams, reiza extends the game - of course - with the nordschleife. :)

But this little roadmap is... just perfect!

• Like Like x 1
  13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

How about the price in BR?

14. CK73

CK73 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Very nice that friend me the DTM 90 comes in AMS2.: hurrayreiza:

15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey New Member AMS2 Club Member

How do I get the beta version? I am a backer. Maybe I'm just too keen and have to wait a little longer or I don't have the right package. Help please

16. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

SInce you have the backer badge, it seems you got the first steps right; you should have received an email when you linked your account (same address as your Indego email). Maybe have a look in your spam folder?
    As a last chance, you can tag or PM Heitor Facuri Cicoti or Dave Stephenson.

17. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks I have now found the codes in my spam folder :).

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

You need the Nordschleife DLCs.....
    And to rework the FFB, with many cars, it's just heavy in the turns....
    About the AI, it's like I have said, it's the pCars 2 AI.
    The sounds are sorry to say that, but awfull....
    The visual damages need really to be implemented....

Good luck, you have a lot of work to do. It's a (very) good start.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. SRGP

SRGP Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I lowered the FFB "Gain" to 50% : still a bit high, then to 25% : probably too low
    It is not too suprising, since it is the same with all sims, sadly (rF2, AC, ACC)
    Also, lower the "FX" effects.

What is really missing is the "Steering Range" (angle & lock) set by the car itself, instead of a global setting. Just what we have in AMS1. Otherwise, after playing an other sim you can have your steering wheel settings all messed up.

20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Car setups will be available next phase. Don't worry bout it.