1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Option to turn aquaplaning off?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Alegunner68, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this possible or too much recoding needed?
    Would be great to be able to turn it off for racing the ai who seem unaffected by the larger puddles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If its like PC2 the AI are affected by puddles - they lift the throttle. However they don't aquaplane. In a perfect world the AI would drive through the shallow puddles like we do and avoid the deeper ones like we do. Not an easy task to program.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To be honest if the puddles are that big in real life the race would be stopped, never understood why people want to race in a thunderstorm, I like rain but not buckets of it, just have a light drizzle instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@RWB Charger Sometimes it's fun to drive in situations that would be cancelled or do not happen in real life. Racing at night for an example, unless it's Endurance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I totally agree, I like variety, we used to have fun using snow in PC2 but in real life if there was a big puddle and you hit it at speed you are going to aquaplane so it's pretty realistic, the one thing that was mentioned in PC2 though is that real tracks have drainage in the dips so those puddles wouldn't or shouldn't really get that big.

7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

the problem with the settings for me is, that there is too much water , even in light rain.
    There are many rain situations IRL, where there is not enough rain to get puddles, but you'll have spray, raindrops and reduced grip.
    But i think such a situation is called "clear weather" for englishmen. ;)
    If possible, devs should try to reduce the amount of water to 1/3 of current settings, and we would get real cool wet races.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

Raising the ride height of your car helped reduce aquaplaning in PC2. I would assume that it will work with AMS2 also.

9. Mad Al

Mad Al Member AMS2 Club Member

The bigger issue may be the accelerated weather... if the rainfall is at the full 1 hour slot rate, it's actually not that bad and you can usually mange something like 30+ minutes of light rain whilst still on slicks.I think we'll need to see where they go with the weather first... but I think not accelerating the rainfall rates and just cutting the slot times to fit the race length may be a good starting point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Indeed, and we control how much the AI lift (they do it more than they did in PC2). This is currently a global value for all cars / tyres, in a longer timeframe this will be controlled by tyre compound. AI will also eventually use wet lines (this is a post-release project tho).

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

You´ll find that rain volume is already less than half what the engine had it set to originally, but there´s still a range of probability within each setting - light rain may see parts of the tracks getting damp and others not wet at all - in rare cases it may produce enough rain for a minimal amount of standing water.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Great, then i was not far away with my 33% suggestion ( referenced to pCARS2 ) to your lower than 50% movement. :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  13. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, "probability within each setting"... actually its very cool! I did not notice this. Thanks for information! :)