Cannot start AMS

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Bkim, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

*SOLVED - see last post*
    I cannot start AMS in windows 10 64 bit. Its the only game that wont start out of the 300 i own. I have read every forum and post. None of the sollutions work. I start AMD, i see the video setup screen. I press Continue and Windows 10 give this "pling plong" sound and that is it. Direct X install from the support folder, admin rights, compability set to all windows version available, deleting Automobilista folder from documents. Exception for my AV. deleting all kind of DX files. Nothing works. All i hear is pling plong.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Integritycheck on steam?

3. Bkim

Nope...it just wont start.

4. RevCo

RevCo New Member

I have the same issue but my video setup screen says my pc is below specs to run ams. running an 4770k and gtx 1080 but only shows the cpu. i havent found a solution yet and have tried everything like you have

5. Bkim

Very frustrating as there is no help to be found anymore. I cannot be bothered with Reiza anymore. They had their best time with AMS. I will skip AMS2 because of the game engine they choose. I'll race ACC

6. Rob Thompson

Rob Thompson Active Member

Have you tried running the game in windowed borderless mode? I've had the same issue with AMS 1 since the latest Windows 10 updates and windowed borderless is what i have to do now.

7. Bkim

I cant do anything with the game. As said: i click on play. The Video setup screen appear and when i click on continue it closes i hear a windows sounds and that is it. Game just wont start at all

8. Bkim

SOLVED!
    I knew i had this problem before but i could not get to the solluttion, until now. In the UEFI i OC-ed my CPU to 4,8. After selecting the UEFI defaults i am able to start AMS. It is a radical sollution as i play games that really gain on OC-ing the CPU so i have to figure which setting AMS does not like.