1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUTOMOBILISTA 2 Released in Early Access! Now updated to v0.8.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

006.jpg
    Automobilista 2 is finally here! We are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time.

Please note that as an Early Access release the game is not yet complete - Time Trial & Championship mode are currently disabled but should become available over the first few weeks of Early Access.

Below are some further known common issues and limitations of:this initial release:
    • UI & HUD are still deep in development, and currently feature the essentials for all game modes to work - this will be expanded with new options & features over the course of EA, with same pages being completely redesigned.
    • Early Access is exclusively in English for the time being; Localization to other languages should only be added in time for the full Release.
    • Driver names, suits and helmets are generic for all series as the whole system is being reestructured (also part of requirements for a revamped Opponents settings and the Custom Championship Tool);
    • All 3D driver animations are still placeholders and may not fully fit the car yet;
    • Other Car-related 3D animations have not been exported which mean suspension arms are graphically static, damage is very limited and wiper are not operational
    • Some series still have WIP or placeholder liveries - these will be updated or expanded over the course of Early Access

The are many other substantial updates to every front of the game planned for Automobilista 2 throughout Early Access and beyond - we´ll be posting regular updates to inform what´s coming up the pipeline as we progress.

EDIT: AUTOMOBILISTA 2 v0.8.0.1 Update Now Live - This is a hotfix with minor improvements & fixes to the main issues reported since the original v.0.8.0 release.

V0.8.0.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Adjusted rain spray parameters - slightly longer draw distance & slower decay
    • Raised default Camera World Movement from 50 to 75, reduced G Force Effect from 50 to 25 (resulting in less default cockpit camera movement)

UI

• Added game version number to main menu screen
    • Desaturated Championship & Time Trial panels in Main Menu to better illustrate current unavailability
    • Adjusted order and included Start button in Test Day / Custom Event menu (allows pressing start button with cursor+ accept button as well as gamepad start button)
    • Added missing track background screens & trackmaps for Snetterton
    • Corrected F-V10 livery thumbnails

PHYSICS & AI
    • Slightly adjusted tyre tread physics for F-Classic Gens 2&3, SuperV8, MIT Lancer, F-Vee, Opala, Ultima GTR, Copa Truck, Caterhams, karts
    • Slightly reduced pneumatic trail for slick tyres & adjusted max steering rack forces to suit (results in slightly more consistent FFB)
    • Fixed error in suspension rates of SuperV8, Sprint Race which could lead to excessive bouncing midcorner and other handling woes
    • Adjusted differential locks for all Caterham models with LSD
    • Adjusted brake response curve & reduced default brake pressure to 90% for all cars
    • Fixed error in Ultima GTR Race rear brakes which would cause it to lock rear wheels easily
    • Reduced brake torque for Superkart
    • Fixed missing rear pre-warmed tyres for F3, Roco 001
    • Adjusted AI dry tyres for Caterhams, Touring Car Classics, Ultima GTR, ARC Camaro, F-Vintage, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
    • Adjusted AI wet tyres for StockV8, Sprint Race, Superv8, Caterham, F-Classic, Touring Car Classics, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
    • Fixed Chevette 5th gear ratio

VEHICLES
    • Mitsubishi Lancer: Fixed windscreen textures issue
    • Ultima GTR: Fixed shifting animation (manual instead of paddles); Added chrome stripes to some liveries; Fixed wheels and exhaust vertex AO; Added backfire animations
    • Caterham 620R: Updated several liveries (adding some metallic variations)
    • Formula Vintage: Added missing lower LOD models (which could cause cars to disappear in lower car detail settings)

TRACKS
    1. Jerez: Complementary art pass & fixes
    2. Snetterton: Fixed curbs & added 3D marbles to both layouts

To users still struglling with brake sensitivity, please make sure to callibrate your controller to try ensure the full range is being correctly used.

014.jpg
    FORCE FEEDBACK

Default FFB settings are designed for Logitech G2X series - if you have wheels with stronger motors you should scale those settings down to avoid clipping.

A more detailed guide for FFB settings will follow up soon.

003.jpg

FOR THOSE WITH AMS2 BETA INSTALLED

Upon this release AMS2 BETA owners will have two AMS2 apps in their Steam library - the Beta and this Main Release.

Both apps will be the same as of tonight and for the next few days until the next AMS2 Beta update (which may or may not be also deployed to AMS2 Main depending on the importance of the updates).

If you are an exclusively offline racer there is no reason to install the Main Release of AMS2 - you may continue using exclusively AMS2 Beta. If however you plan to race online or run Time Trial mode when it becomes available with non-Beta users, you must install the Main Release.

If you have further questions about AMS2, please make sure to check on our AMS2 FAQ here

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 31
    • Like Like x 14
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

First, congratulations on the launch! Now, I only have AMS 2 Beta in my library. Is that any action required to make AMS2 show up?

Edit: nevermind. It wasn't showing in the library but I managed to install it by searching the game through the store and clicking the "play now" button.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gazzy75

gazzy75 New Member

Thanks Only $AUD 42.95 as well. Bargain!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ohhh....downloading now....about 14.5 GB :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Would just like to add that the 'Superkarts' are shown as being 'H pattern', rather than the correct '6 Speed Sequential'.
    Posting here as I didn't want to start a new topic on this. @Renato Simioni
    Loving the updates and communication from you guys by the way.

6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni will the price of the season pass go up after the game comes out of early access or is that only for the base game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Season Pass is at full price, the combo with the base game purchase nets an extra 10% discount on the total.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. zzigg

zzigg New Member AMS2 Club Member

who purchase the game in jul 2019 level 3 have to give more 26.99 euros to have the game?
    thanks in advance

9. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I backed Level 4 in Indiegogo campaign, how do I get my keys for AMS2 Early Access?

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, can you also post this as an announcement for the game on Steam? From looking at early reviews and people in Steam discussions, I think a lot are not reading here. Also a roadmap posted on Steam would be good...

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Dagon94

Dagon94 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yea I also think its best mirroring the announcement here with the Discussion...Update Message system of Steam.

I already have to Facepalm at every negative review with like 0.3h playtime,
    seriously...why don't people get the concept of Early Access...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SmaSy

SmaSy New Member AMS2 Club Member

That should help get rid of half the messages in the forum, Thanks team!!
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jean

Jean New Member AMS2 Club Member

Bonjour
    J'ai soutenu la campagne early backing Campaign et je ne vois pas le jeu dans mes licences achetés sur steam. Pourtant mon compte steam et reiza sont liés

AMS2 Early Backing Campaign
    Nº de l'objet ams2ebp-alldlc $99,99 USD 1 $99,99 USD

ai je loupé quelque chose ?

14. chris cadby

chris cadby Member AMS2 Club Member

Is really sad seeing the mixed review score on Steam, they nearly all have 0.5 hours played to, couldn't be bothered spending a bit of time getting their wheel set up, instead just labeling it "pc cars 3" and refunding. Please know Renato and team that you have a passionate and loyal fan base here who are really enjoying the game, so don't let these Muppets get you down. Rant over.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's the Steam crowds for you, with no idea what they are getting into and, no idea how this sim is developed, no patience and expecting a finished game. This is all very predictable and unsurprising.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's amusing to read the comparisons with ACC. I seem to remember that was pretty ropey when it hit EA, I would play for 10min then switch it off and leave it for another month because I thought it was a bit rubbish. Look at it now though.
    It's the usual thing of people having zero concept of what 'in development' means. For me watching the game mature from its rough beginnings is as much a part of the fun as any other aspect of the game, but too many people think EA stands for Everything is Finished, and the word finished doesn't even begin with A.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza needs to do damage control on Steam as soon as possible, post announcement and roadmap, reply to bad reviews (devs can always reply, even if reviewers disabled it), post in discussions. Tell people to visit these forums at least. So much wrong info circulating there :mad:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree. But i have to admit that setting up wheel and pedals in AMS2 could be quite confusing to newbies.
    It is really unintuitive to have pedal calibration on first tab of controller settings, but you have to make sure, that you have assigned the pedal axis first (...to be found on 3rd tab of control settings). Especially if the selected wheel preset doesn't entirely match your own setup.

I was confused as well, that i couldn't calibrate my HE Sprints, until i noticed that i have to assign the axis first. My first thought was, that there is some kind of technical issue with my pedals. But it wasn't.

I wish there would be a more intuitive way to make your controls work, just to avoid these "traps".

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not surprised by how it's being reviewed at steam after playing it for 5 hours now.

If I hadn't tried the Stock Car V8 as the first car I would probably had the same thoughts on the game as those guys because I couldn't find another car that impressed me the slightest. But the Stock Car V8 showed me that it can be done in this engine even if it's not perfect I find many similarities with the AMS1 version, The other cars just need some more work and that's why AMS2 is in EA atm.

I don't want to get in to all the details here but I will adress one thing and that the feeling that the cars seems to rotate around a axis, something I'm not fond of and I hope this goes away.

I give it a thumbs up even tho it's not what I was hoping for because I know it can be done and going by Reiza's track record I'm sure they will make it happen sooner or later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni In the Steam properties, Do I need to stay opt in for Beta's or do I opt out of Beta's ? and Where and how do we view the Version # so we know we have the current up to date Version. Thank you , Sorry if it's a dumb question , I'm old and stupid,

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.