DynHUD source code and plugin SDK?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Paint also outputs humongous filesizes with PNG for some reason too. In gimp, you need to export rather than save to get it to another format. You could also try Paint.NET if you want a quick free alternative to MS paint. I haven't used it personally in a while but have used it on and off for years without issue.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah yeah I exported as GIF first in Gimp but DynHUD loads as just an image, same result if you export as PNG. I was trying to make a flashing led. I'll check PaintNET, thanks

3. SHOTIME

SHOTIME Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a heads up, normal PNGs don't support animation. There is an extension to the standard called APNG that does, but while I've never used it, from what I'm seeing a program expecting standard PNG input will read only the first frame of an APNG file (APNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Your best bet might be to manually switch between two images; a wee bit janky, perhaps, but if DynHUD doesn't support APNG, you're probably not going to get an animation in there, unfortunately.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

well damn :(
    Thanks man for the into

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Not much supports APNG as it stands, I think only Mozilla based browsers do as an example. It really doesn't seem to have caught on which given the transparency limitations with GIF is a bit of a shame.

Sorry @Will Mazeo I must have misread the post you made and didn't realise it was an animated image. paint.net won't help with it I'm afraid. I though it was an issue of losing transparency during conversion. My bad.

edit: It seems the PNG group rejected the addition to the official PNG standard despite it maintaining backwards compatibility so Mozilla maintain the APNG standard alone which may indicate why it's not really caught on.