1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing FFB! Very impressed.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Daniel Rodriguez Correa, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Daniel Rodriguez Correa

Daniel Rodriguez Correa New Member

I will finally get to say good-bye to the god-awful subscription racing game. The FFB is amazing. I wonder if there is a way to hack PC2 and import the FFB from AMS 2...

Lol. Good job Reiza!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Radler

Radler New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, thanks Reiza!!!! For me this is the best FFB on the market. You can "feel" the car and you are connected with the road. In comparison with all the other sims, this is the best "realistic" feeling you can have (best in VR) at the moment. I think one big factor for this are the fx-settings and the light and constant vibration for engine and tyres....even better than AMS1. Driving with a DD1 SIMUCUBE wheel.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Simone Gaido

Simone Gaido New Member

Hi Radler how do you configure your SC1 on AMS2? I tried to but it doesn't make me calibrate the wheel. I turn it left and right but it says steering range 0. I'm on SC1 with BISS_C encoder. Thanks.

4. Radler

Radler New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, ok, yes it was a bit difficult. At first in the simucube configuration tool i have 900° degrees set up. Ingame choose custom wheel (unter control scheme) and calibrate wheel later, not yet! You have to go first to edit assignments and make your adjustments steer left/right for the axis, When you here rotate your wheel to left or right, but don't rotate to the complete end (450° for 900 steering range) take only 440-448 or less, instead bevore 450° rotate to the opposite sight, and normally your wheel will be recognized. After that you can calibrate your wheel under control scheme, hope it works! Sometimes you have to try it several times.... This was the process from the beta, maybe you can rotate the wheel complete to 450° but at first edit assignments.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Simone Gaido

Simone Gaido New Member

Thanks a lot, it's working very well now!
    Can you share your SC tool and ingame settings? Really impressed anyway, Reiza did a fantastic job on FFB (and also VR works very well, I just need to drop shadow to have rock stable 90 fps)

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a race tonight in the super v8's at Montreal and it was sublime, car was an absolute beast and I really had to fight it all the way have not had an experience like that in Sim racing before, it was epic!!
    This Sim has so many options and so much potential.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Daniel Rodriguez Correa

Daniel Rodriguez Correa New Member

Agree the V8s and the Formula Reiza are great!

8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm also very impressed.

@fireballr18 you have absolutley right. This Sim is a joy and just EA!

• Like Like x 1
  9. José Santos

José Santos New Member

For me it's still RF2 > AMS2. Even though, great job and I'm sure it can still improve.

10. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Looking for advice here people. I use the thrustmaster ts-xw and I’m just not feeling this brilliant FFB. I predominately drive the stock car V8 (not the super V8) as I prefer that type of car. I am new to automobilista so any advice on set up is most appreciated. Every time I exit a corner the back end flicks out but I’m smooth with my throttle application

Many thanks in advance
    Baz

11. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You already bought it? Cool!
    Although it's EA, a lot of things are working pretty nice.

12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes i do it.

13. Pixel_therapy

Pixel_therapy New Member

Hi Guys,
    I downloaded AMS2 and tried the sim out on my Simucube1. I could not get any FFB through the wheel.. The wheel would feel firm (can rotate, but heavy) in the menues, but once I loaded a car and track combo; FFB would non existent (no feeling at all) when the race starts. Can you please help.
    :(:(

14. Ben Melluish

Ben Melluish New Member AMS2 Club Member

Been driving these all day at Donnington. So much fun. You just have to be really careful in 2nd gear. 3rd can also get a bit dicey depending on how unsettled the car is. You can short-shift into 3rd or just be very gentle with the throttle. What pedals do you have?

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't touched rf2 in months now, am so fed up with the slow progress, it is getting left behind now compared to other Sims.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

T3PA pedals. 2nd and 3rd gear is where I have issues.

17. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

What FFB settings are you using?

regards

18. Ben Melluish

Ben Melluish New Member AMS2 Club Member

I turned the gain down to 85 I think and the Low Effect Boost to 25, although I'm hearing that it isn't like LEB in other sims so should leave it at the default 50(?)

CSW V2.5 and CSP V1

19. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

me with t300 I use the original ones it's perfect 100.50.50
    knowing that if you lower the fx too much you no longer feel the blockage during braking