1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wet weather

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SBart_uk, Apr 1, 2020.

1. SBart_uk

SBart_uk New Member

Wet weather seems completely broken still & unchanged from pc2. I drove the v8 1960's style F1 in the wet(thunderstorm) last night and it aquaplanes non stop even at 30mph. Also puddles are still a joke, touch one even at low speed and suddenly the car behaves like it has zero mass and gets shot off to the side. I really hope you guys improve all this as currently it seems like Project Cars 2.1.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  2. Matt Diffey

Matt Diffey New Member

You drove a 50 year old car in conditions that would be red flagged in any real world motorsport and are complaining that it's undriveable?

edit: I was being a little snarky - but cars do lurch into puddles when they exist especially with any sort of steering input. The Madness/Livetrack engine is a little over-prone to forming those puddles compared to how much work goes into design tracks that don't form standing water, for sure, but in general you shouldn't expect to be able to just run through deep standing water and not have to correct it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. SBart_uk

SBart_uk New Member

Firstly it doesn't matter how wet it is you can drive at 30mph in a straight line on tredded tyres in any car. Secondly I'm not saying you should be able to fly through a puddle at 200mph with zero effect. I'm saying the effect is far to pronounced especially at lower speeds.

4. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Yes, I have experienced this too, and it's definitely not right. It was so odd that I drove in first gear at idle revs through a puddle and the car sort of floated off the road like it was a boat being blown in the wind - very odd! The car was the V8 F1 car from the early '90s (whatever it's called in game, I forget), and before you ask, I was using treaded tyres!

This was with V0.8.3.2.