1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few Observations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Trebor901, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Trebor901

Trebor901 New Member

I know this is a beta etc. just a few observations ive got.

Wipers and headlights dont work. Not sure if this is just because its a beta and its something they havent added yet.

Cars are doing what a few cars used to do in PC2 which is bottoming out mid corner creating horrendous understeer or the ability to steer goes completely. This is more thank likely an issue with the game engine rather than the game.

Other than that top work as always guys. Sounds are always better than any other sim out there.

2. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

the second issue can be fixed by raising ur ride height, i dont think thats a bug, if ur car is 2 low u buttom out :D

the wiper and headlights do work, they just arent animated. so if u turn the wiper on when its raining it will clear ur windshield, just without the thing moving back and forth
    and the headlights do light up the road when u are driving at night

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Most car's headlight's work but, there may be a couple that should but, don't yet. In a few cases, some cars don't have working headlights in RL and AFAIK, they won't in AMS2 either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Trebor901

Trebor901 New Member

Tbh i havent messed with car setups yet. But was surprised to see the trucks bottoming out haha

So headlights and wipers is just the fact they havent been animated then. To be fair for a beta its very well polished already.

5. Gasngrip

Gasngrip Member

i thinks the cars are too difficult to spin, i mean take the AJR P1, you can almost stamp all the time on the gas pedal and the car will stay on track....physics are also a bit too acrcady at the moment i think..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no problems spinning out when i don't want to, lol

7. Gasngrip

Gasngrip Member

just seems unrealistic to me

8. José Santos

José Santos New Member

I agree, it's really hard to spin the cars. Comparing to the same car in RF2, it's a day to night difference. Formula Vee on RF2 can spin only by lifting the throttle. AJR has insane amounts of grip on both games but it feels way more unrealistic in AMS 2

9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The AJR is not much different from AMS1, maybe a bit more refined.
    It has a lot of downforce so yes it sticks to the road pretty well. Although you can spin it.
    Case in point: the hairpin on Spielberg GP is you are not extra careful when reapplying throttle.