1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUTOMOBILISTA 2 Released in Early Access! Now updated to v0.8.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big_Mama

Big_Mama Ben Suttor AMS2 Club Member

You don‘t have to opt in or out of anything. Beta and release versions can independently be installed. Check your Steam library :)

2. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni any rough estimate when that ffb post will come along? Will it include some info on the ffb custom file settings?

3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

depends of what he was definitelly refering to.
    In AMS Beta, you could also enter a additional beta. This was beta 2 for DD wheel users. If he meant that, then YES, opt out or you'll stay endless in beta 2.
    Unfortunatelly his question was not precise enough for giving the 100% right answer.

4. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Area51 beta am2

5. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Racing Sims are like food - it's a lot about preferences rather than the craft.
    And content has always been Reiza's biggest advantage and biggest downside.
    If you're open to series and tracks you have never heard of, then Reiza delivers greatly.
    If you're the generic public lobby racer then you're missing GT3, Monza and Spa.

But of course Reiza's biggest advantage in regards to Early Access is that all that content has already been there, it just needed to be updated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Reiza should expect another surge of purchases, starting April 9th. That's when the Wu Flu checks start being deposited into bank accounts in America.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. vortex

vortex Member

I think part of the problem is that those who purchased the EA release don't have access to the beta forum so have no idea whether the things they're complaining about are being worked on. Surely one of the reasons behind EA is to put the game out there and let as many people as possible try it and comment on it - good or bad. There's no point people replying to posts saying "it's still EA" if we have no way of knowing if a particular feature of the game is finished or not.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Flayskool

Flayskool New Member

Game feels great in the hand (and under foot!) for me. Few things that need sorting badly though, the most important being the contact online. People are crashing left right and centre, but not actually hitting eachother. That’s enough to put people off of playing it and not returning to it! I get it’s early, but that needs to be ironed out. Had so many great races ruined where I smash into someone but actually, I was only ever “close” to them.
    Also.... will some sort of licensing system be introduced to online multiplayer? The licensing system on PC2 was great and really added more depth to the experience. Also, for VR users, please, let us be able to adjust the mirror angles, as at the moment I can’t see anything but the stands in them

9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Yes

10. bobzzzzzzzzzzz

bobzzzzzzzzzzz New Member

Just spent my first few hours with the game

Wheel and Pedals were tough to set up
    F3 car brakes lock up far too easily as discussed elsewhere
    Got locked out of watching a race in spectator mode and had to quit/rejoin
    Game crashed twice (weird as it went from smooth frames to crashed with no warning)

I'm not about to start writing negative reviews. It would be nice to see a list of known bugs that are being worked on. Really looking forward to the braking hotfix and the FFB settings.

£25, I'm happy to buy in now, I spent £13 on a takeaway tonight, it's all about perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  11. David Zirwes

David Zirwes New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi@all,
    does anybody know, where i can find the changelofs of the beta AFTER the release of the EA? Does reiza publish them somewhere?
    thanks in advance.

12. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

in the area 51

13. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Beta updates changelogs will be posted on Reiza51, once the updates will be moved to EA branch you guys will be informed here and changelogs will be posted...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. papi Bernard

papi Bernard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just test the Ultima GTR, the braking is better, I like this wild car !
    Just to notice: when monitoring the race, I can switch beetween cars except the third one.

15. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

Was hoping to see the mid 1970s F1 cars that were in AMS. Not a big deal.

Too early for much else.

Keep well all.

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

AUTOMOBILISTA 2 v0.8.0.1 Update Now Live - This is a hotfix with minor improvements & fixes to the main issues reported since the original v.0.8.0 release.

V0.8.0.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Adjusted rain spray parameters - slightly longer draw distance & slower decay
    • Raised default Camera World Movement from 50 to 75, reduced G Force Effect from 50 to 25 (resulting in less default cockpit camera movement)

UI

• Added game version number to main menu screen
    • Desaturated Championship & Time Trial panels in Main Menu to better illustrate current unavailability
    • Adjusted order and included Start button in Test Day / Custom Event menu (allows pressing start button with cursor+ accept button as well as gamepad start button)
    • Added missing track background screens & trackmaps for Snetterton
    • Corrected F-V10 livery thumbnails

PHYSICS & AI

• Slightly adjusted tyre tread physics for F-Classic Gens 2&3, SuperV8, MIT Lancer, F-Vee, Opala, Ultima GTR, Copa Truck, Caterhams, karts
    • Slightly reduced pneumatic trail for slick tyres & adjusted max steering rack forces to suit (results in slightly more consistent FFB)
    • Fixed error in suspension rates of SuperV8, Sprint Race which could lead to excessive bouncing midcorner and other handling woes
    • Adjusted differential locks for all Caterham models with LSD
    • Adjusted brake response curve & reduced default brake pressure to 90% for all cars
    • Fixed error in Ultima GTR Race rear brakes which would cause it to lock rear wheels easily
    • Reduced brake torque for Superkart
    • Fixed missing rear pre-warmed tyres for F3, Roco 001
    • Adjusted AI dry tyres for Caterhams, Touring Car Classics, Ultima GTR, ARC Camaro, F-Vintage, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
    • Adjusted AI wet tyres for StockV8, Sprint Race, Superv8, Caterham, F-Classic, Touring Car Classics, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
    • Fixed Chevette 5th gear ratio

VEHICLES

• Mitsubishi Lancer: Fixed windscreen textures issue
    • Ultima GTR: Fixed shifting animation (manual instead of paddles); Added chrome stripes to some liveries; Fixed wheels and exhaust vertex AO; Added backfire animations
    • Caterham 620R: Updated several liveries (adding some metallic variations)
    • Formula Vintage: Added missing lower LOD models (which could cause cars to disappear in lower car detail settings)

TRACKS

1. Jerez: Complementary art pass & fixes
    2. Snetterton: Fixed curbs & added 3D marbles to both layouts

To users still struglling with brake sensitivity, please make sure to callibrate your controller to try ensure the full range is being correctly used.

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen New Member

Just tested after the update. Calibrated my pedals (CSPv3) again and all the pedals are still super sensitive. It feels like all the range is in first 20-30% on all pedals. Throttle is super sensitive and brakes lock up at 30% of pedal travel max. Also clutch bite point is off because I miss shifts all the time, something that doesn't happen on other sims.

On calibration window the range looks normal but in game it's really not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. justsome1else

justsome1else New Member

Don't know if this will help anyone - but I just got AMS2 updated to 8.0.1 and thought I'd try re-calibrating the pedals. Now, here's the strange bit - on my first attempt at pushing down on any pedal I'd get half way down and the bar would jump from 50% to 100% almost straight away. So I did this with all the pedals and then clicked on save. Then I thought about trying to recalibrate again and then the pedals properly went from 1-100% fully depressed ... Sweet!!

The brakes/accelerator now work fantastic.
    I'm using t3pa-pro pedals t300rs wheel

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If this update addresses the most commonly reported issues how come there is no fix for the sound issues when using headphones? That makes some cars unplayable.

20. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Ah, that confirms what I thought may work as posted here: Reiza March 2020 Development Update - An Update on AMS2 Release It worked in PC2 as well.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.