1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traction Control "Gameplay" settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Apr 2, 2020.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i am a bit confused about the settings in the gameplay section.

what exactly does traction control off/low/high stand for?
    why is the TC forced to low when using the "authentic preset"?
    if i have the tc off in the settings, does that mean a car that actually has tc will not have any at all?
    which options do i have to take in order to make the slider in the setup actually work?

i drove a while on low tc, since thats what authentic has set it to, but noticed that even tho i had only 1% tc in the setup it was still very limiting like the easy mode in raceroom xD

the tc seems to be rather all over the place, sometimes it limits my engine when theres nothing happening, and when i am actually spinning out, it just lets me full rev :/

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gasngrip

Gasngrip Member

i kind of agree with you mate, to me it seems as though it's veeery difficult to spin the car and no matter how hard i use the accelerator say on the P1's, the car will stay on track...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. José Santos

José Santos New Member

I agree and I feel like TC is always on no matter what. All the cars feel underpowered/hard to spin. And when you do spin, all of them are easy to recover from the spin.

4. Mad Al

Mad Al Member AMS2 Club Member

Assign a key for TC to set High/Low/Off whilst driving

Slider in setup (and the in car menu - again set a key to show and navigate the ICM) is the amount of slip before the TC kicks in.
    High/low is the how strong the TC effect (cut) is, so low is less intrusive.

So in the wet you may want to go High and drop the TC amount in the setup/ICM to around 5, so the TC cuts more and kicks in earlier.
    Dry you would go Low and something like 9-12

Setting very low numbers for TC in the setup/ICM will actually mean the TC is kicking in all the time.

Off is no TC

and don't forget, this is still a work in progress

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. MrGold

MrGold Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's an artifact from PCARS2 days and I hope they get rid of it ASAP. It is unimmersive, unintuitive and horrible.

But what Mad AI said is how it works. We have to endure it for now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MasterLooser

does anyone know if the setup slider logic applies to the ABS aswell? so higher value == more slip?

7. F2020

F2020 Member

I just completed a short race with the v8s round Canada and spun multiple times through poor throttle control and application of breaking, I certainly wouldn’t want them to spin any more than that. It felt very realistic to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. José Santos

José Santos New Member

V8's are harder to handle, I also spun multiple times. But overall the cars are so easy to get the rear end loose and to counter steer it. And many of the down force cars (P1, P2, P3, etc) shouldn't get the rear end that loose and shouldn't be that easy to control. V8's seem a bit more dialed though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

But why is the setting even active on cars that don’t have aids irl?
    The Formula Vee with aids to authentic drives with tc and abs in game. That weired
    And unintuitive.
    I hope Reiza can fix this ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Ben Melluish

Ben Melluish New Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. I was surprised to see the Beetle has TC and ABS adjustments in the setup menu :) I could be wrong, but I'm guessing these cars wouldn't have any electronic aids in real life.

11. MrGold

MrGold Active Member AMS2 Club Member

options aren't greyed out. Doesn't mean they are active in the car. Early Access and all that.

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

The “authentic” setting should take care of how a specific car is equipped IRL. In game any player should have the choice to drive any car with the kind of assist they deem necessary or enjoyable.
    Not every one is after the outmost authenticity, some are just after fun, even though authenticity is fun for me, I just do not think Reiza should impose it on every body.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ABS works in a similar fashion but in reverse of TC as far as the Wheel Slip %. Aka a lower % means the ABS will kick in later. For example if the ABS is at 75% it will allow 25% wheel slip (locking) before kicking in.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully, long term they provide the real life traction control and abs steps instead of the 0-1.00 steps that pcars had as well.

15. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

turning both off gives the best results to me.
    The cars feel much better.

16. MasterLooser

ofc it feels better, but realistically i would rather take a car that has TC in the rain and use it, instead of just having it off all the time, while everyone else is using it, kinda puts me at a disadvantage

17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

+ 1

Authentic should lock or open TC/ABS electronics depending on if the real life vehicle has these options available. It would also be very nice to have TC/ABS/Engine Modes +/- mappable to our wheels/multi switches &/or button boxs.

In addition please consider having the electronics set in correct increments ie. 1,2,3....8 rather than a percentage of 0-100%..