1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locking up brakes, tips for load cell?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Mar 25, 2020.

1. GregP

GregP New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! I hadn’t checked Discord in a while.

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I've reduced Brake-Pressure to about 85% in most cars and that really helps although, brake-pedal modulation may be a bit off. There seems to be a slight delay before the brakes release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

@Bob What dont you agree with ?
    Screenshot (356).png

4. Joe Gransinger

Joe Gransinger New Member

Definitely having this problem. Had the same problem in Pcars2. Reducing brake sensitivity and brake pressure helps, but it's still not great. Cars like the Formula 3, the V8 Supercar and the Ultima GTR lock up with the slightest brake press. There is no room between zero braking and locking up to brake effectively.

Wish I could view the beta support subforum to see what is currently being addressed! :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This has been discussed a few times during the beta. If you brake in the open wheelers it looks like the screeching sound fires before the wheels are locked so that might be a part of it although I am not sure that is the whole problem.

• Like Like x 4
  6. diknmuis

diknmuis New Member

THIS
    it's the same problem as in pcars 2
    when you calibrate the pedal the range is already at 100% but your brake input/travel isn't
    so you brake way more then you think/feel and lock up

• Like Like x 2
  7. AW9

AW9 New Member

I came with the same issue, only had to touch brake pedal and the wheels locked up.
    I've since reduced the brake sensitivity down to zero (default was 50) and it is much better.

Before I'd say around 20-30% pedal travel and wheels were locked
    Now I'd say around 60-70% travel before wheels lock.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ben Melluish

Ben Melluish New Member AMS2 Club Member

Man, I've been having an absolute blast today with the Stockcars at Donnington, although I can confirm I'm having the same issue with my CSP V1s. I started to get used to it after a while and was being really careful on the brakes, but it is a bit annoying having to be so cautious.

I did dial the loadcell up a notch so that it took more pressure which helped a bit. I agree with what others have said here in that it feels like the game is not "seeing" 100% of the travel of the pedal and applying 100% force too early. I am of course modulating the brakes as well, as I do in all the sims.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems that the brake pedal cannot be properly calibrated. If i press the brake pedal (fanatec CSP v3 with performance kit) halfway down the graphic in calibration screen already shows 100%. So the sim probably registers only the portion of possible movement of the pedal and thus is extremely sensitive. It definitely needs fixing because reducing the brake pressure in car setup doesnt really solve the problem.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zin

Zin New Member

Same here also with Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals, no load cell
    My hopes are in the end we have Automobilista FFB and Physics as we are used to , the eye candy is a plus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

A recalibration did the trick for me.

12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The hotfix has fixed the brake-problem at last in 90% of the cars. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  13. eg01st

eg01st Member

Fanatec V3 - locking up too. But if I get used to it then it's ok. Just that it's unusual as I don't slam on them so hard. My pressure in game is 98% I think. Maybe need to turn that down, but yeah, that is one of the issues.

Did you also feel like it's harder for you to stop against the AI? They easily divebomb you and stop in time, while you overshoot the corner and start braking at twice the distance...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joe Gransinger

Ooh, didn't know there was a hot fix out. I'll have to check that out tonight as that easily was my biggest issue.

15. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh New Member

Steam didn't download anything here.

16. Marius H

Oh sorry. Beta only. If eberything is fine it will go to Main

17. Joe Gransinger

Hmm, didn't realize they were going to continue a beta alongside the early access, that's a bummer.

18. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Gransinger

I sort of get it, but it also feels like we're being left out of the loop, and don't really get any of the normal early access privilege. I see the roadmap, but some things, like the braking hotfix, is actually pretty necessary to enjoy the game. Can we expect weekly updates on the Early Access side? monthly? As of right now I have a hard time being consistent and competitive because of the brakes, which makes the early access version essentially unplayable. We can't even view the beta forums which seems like where all the communication is, which is also a bit frustrating.

20. Marius H

The hotfix is deployed tomorrow for Main release if I read it correct. No need to be angry. Beta is patches are going to be buggy. Main release patches deployed a few days after or so and have finetuned stuff innit.